Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Smed's vision for PS2: "How it is and how it may be in the future"

SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Smedley's fresh new blog post:

http://john-smedley.livejournal.com/2412.html

They are certainly thinking BIG with this game.

About certifications (skill specializations) in PS2:

"It's not a simple unlock system. This system is a combination of the deep skills in a game like Eve Online combined with runes and masteries in League of Legends combined with unlocks in more traditional FPS games." image

Comments

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

I am SoE number 1 critic, but I have to admit that if they do things right this could be a huge success for them.

I always said that the next big thing will be a FPS MMO due to the simple fact that FPS is the most popular genre in the single/multiplayer market.

Importing all those players into the MMO arena makes sense to me, that's why I think Blizzard Titan will also be a MMOFPS.

Personally I always wanted to play a Battlefield MMO, and Planetside 2 is as close as it gets.

So I can't wait for my Beta invite.

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130

Not a big fan of SOE.. I kinda feel like they abondoned the old Planetside way back in the day.  But hey, they also MADE Planetside so I can't hate them to much.

They seem to have realized their mistake and seem to be all in on Planetside 2. Some of these ideas are great and I can't wait untill I can start to play this.  I wish they would take the extra step and put some comercials out to really drive up the interest.  I think more people need to know this bad boy is out their and coming.

This game has the chance to be bigger then COD and BF, PLEASE SOE ADVERTISE IT!!!... *fingers crossed*

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    So I'm not trying to troll just asking a question, but didn't everyone hate Smedley not too long ago? 

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    Originally posted by eyelolled
    So I'm not trying to troll just asking a question, but didn't everyone hate Smedley not too long ago? 

lol yup

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• BeanpuieBeanpuie Member UncommonPosts: 812

people still hate smed with a passion,  in this day of age with so many mmo's crashing and burning and anger at all time high.   

and the current choices these days would be to give the current companies a cautious chance , find a niche game that suits them, or find another hobby entirely. 

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

I'm sure many still do, but fashions change.

SOE was the "most hated" MMO developer for many years after the SWG NGE blunder. Then Funcom took pole position after AoC. The current holder of the title seems to be EA.

I try to keep an open mind. I judge games on a case-by-case basis. If I enjoy a game, I'll play it, regardless of the "history" of the company that made the game. A company is only the sum of its employees, and those employees change over time. 

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    just saw this blog today - i like his vision for the game