Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WWIIonline is NOW FREE2play (and its been amazing best FTP model ever)

I tried it since they have gone free to play and it has the feeling it had when I first logged in may years ago game seems full of people again LOTS of targets most of them infantry (free to play rifleman and smg) Ive been seeing so many targets (and killing them) that I think they are going to have to increase the supply of them cause we are actually attriting alot of the infantry brigades. Which until free to play just dont happen much if at all ...very amazing this may give this game new life if they combine FTP with a $10-12.99 monthly sub for full access

I just hope server dont go tilt from the influx of new trials ...ive been seeing at least 10-20 green tags ( new recruits) per mission

Well good job CRS for this step in the right direction

Comments

• AbyssussAbyssuss Member Posts: 85
    Yeah great F2P game however it isnt worth the price, its ten plus year old badly coded engine won't attract new subs, few of the community im part of tried it, liked it, but wouldnt spend $ on it.
  • UristMcDwarfUristMcDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Originally posted by Scottman

I tried it since they have gone free to play and it has the feeling it had when I first logged in may years ago game seems full of people again LOTS of targets most of them infantry (free to play rifleman and smg) Ive been seeing so many targets (and killing them) that I think they are going to have to increase the supply of them cause we are actually attriting alot of the infantry brigades. Which until free to play just dont happen much if at all ...very amazing this may give this game new life if they combine FTP with a $10-12.99 monthly sub for full access

I just hope server dont go tilt from the influx of new trials ...ive been seeing at least 10-20 green tags ( new recruits) per mission

Well good job CRS for this step in the right direction

Well, I hope for their sake they do lower the prices because as it stands this 'free-to-play' model probably won't accomplish much outside of making the current subscribers feel content in paying what they already are.

Though DOC did say he was "working on it" in regards to lowering the prices/adopting other F2P models. Hopefully it's the former and something very affordable.

Currently Playing:
    nothing :(

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177
    Originally posted by RDNZL 

Well, I hope for their sake they do lower the prices because as it stands this 'free-to-play' model probably won't accomplish much outside of making the current subscribers feel content in paying what they already are. I don't care how great or fun this game is.. I see very little people biting the bullet and paying $18.

I have my doubts that that will happen. They raised the price up to $18 to get people to subscribe for longer periods.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    What is the $18 that you're talking about? Box fee? monthly price?

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• ScottmanScottman Member Posts: 62
    Originally posted by Loktofeit
    What is the $18 that you're talking about? Box fee? monthly price?

17.99 buys you a monthly sub unless you subcribe under a "cell phone" like sub plan that locks in a lower price if you show commitment

I think its a dumb ass price ...needs to get lowered to @ least the industry standard !

Lower this month sub to 10 or 12 dollars and ya have the save :)

• LydarSynnLydarSynn Member UncommonPosts: 181
    I played this game a long time ago. It was fun but they never expanded it beyond Europe. What happened to the Pacific theatre?  There is also the issue to playing the same war over and over again but I guess you repeat things in every MMO.
    Originally posted by LydarSynn
    I played this game a long time ago. It was fun but they never expanded it beyond Europe. What happened to the Pacific theatre?  There is also the issue to playing the same war over and over again but I guess you repeat things in every MMO.

No they never did get around to N africa or Pacific but the land mass (play area) that they do have is probably 20 times the size of any mmo that ive ever seen (like eve) so I dont think they need to model more land now. Some say that the play area is too big as is. What most want is for them to work on lag/bugs and new equipment.

CRS has added the americans and bazookas and alot of new planes and tanks over the years (each year brings more toys)

I really dont care about all the toys as I just really only play the rifleman (bolt action) so my concerns or wishes rest solely on lag deaths and SMOOTHER infantry movements/predictor code

Im sure they do work on this constantly not sure if anyone can fix it perfectly  since the people that play come from all over the world and the game has to track all the movements and bullets of various heights and distances so many calculations it probably take aliens from outerspace to fix it perfectly **its the price we have to pay to have such a complex sim I suppose ..its no BF3 shoebox this game is HUGE  

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

so what is the F2P system limits vrs the subbed??

if you are free how limited are you at play styles?? can you only have a rifle and nothing else? or can you play as any unit/nation?? 

Originally posted by ZekkCC
    I can't imagine a game called World War II Online is any good. :

I have not found a tougher or more pure raw PVP first person shooter out there ...no shooting someone 15 times to kill someone (like most fps) Does not matter how many years you have been playing true skills matter HERE

Kill shots are head and upper torso ...one shot.

Most of the vets that play this game will most certianly answer any missed shot of YOURS with a kill shot of their own *these PVP'er have had over 10 years of hand on battle experiance so its the home of the toughest people to kill

probably the largest collection of badasses ive seen anywhere.

• Mari2kMari2k Member UncommonPosts: 367
    lol.. this game looks like doom 1 from the grafics
  • TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    I have played from 2002-2008 and after that sporadic jumped in, my question is this, can i play freemium with my main account with all the limitation of f2p or do I have to make a new account to be able to f2p?

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Mari2k

LOL ZOMG THAT"S SO FUNNY DOOM1 LOL!!!!111ELEVENTY

not.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384
    Originally posted by Mari2k

Someone cleary has never seen, or playee doom before.

Seriousley, if you think it looks like doom you need to get glasses, badly, really badly.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329

Doom?  More like Medal of Honor on the lowest settings!  anywho...

I was surprised to see a new WW2online thread get this much activity and then I realized it was moved here from somewhere else.

But there are for sure more people playing.  Over 70 axis boots-on-the-ground at 10 on a Sunday morning.  That's like double the primetime population of not too long ago.

• AbyssussAbyssuss Member Posts: 85
    Increase in pop of the great is great,however,how many will convert to sub?$18 a month? probably very few, don't forget it you starting becoming a sub you cant go back to the F2P model with that account. CRS know this is the last throw of the die, hence why they have "suspended" the builders program. Games have moved on a lot since the WW2OL "Golden age" era.
    Originally posted by Ichmen

so what is the F2P system limits vrs the subbed??

if you are free how limited are you at play styles?? can you only have a rifle and nothing else? or can you play as any unit/nation?? 

F2p model is rifleman or submachinegun as far as what you can spawn....and you are able to capture depots and Abs

This pretty much allows you to play the game for FREE>

But if you NEED better equipment ya need to sub ...I think rifleman (underused equipment) is one of the most powerfull units that this game has to offer

The reason I love this F2p model is cause they give you a powefull unit to play with but if you want uber stuff ya have to sub (I see nothing wrong with this)

Originally posted by Abyssuss
    Increase in pop of the great is great,however,how many will convert to sub?$18 a month? probably very few, don't forget it you starting becoming a sub you cant go back to the F2P model with that account. CRS know this is the last throw of the die, hence why they have "suspended" the builders program. Games have moved on a lot since the WW2OL "Golden age" era.

Yes their sub price is WAY too much !

If they changed it to 10 bucks a month combined with the free play I think the server would break just cause it could not handle the amount of players that would be trying the game

• axishatraxishatr Member UncommonPosts: 167

No matter how many free losers you get in game it boils down to how many of them are dumb enough to drop $18/month and support CRS's terrible planning and inability to run a business.

If they don't sign up and pay it is still over.  Right now all you have is a bunch of free loaders using your toliets, drinking the free drinks, and parking all over your yards.......and as of yet have not purchased a meal or "show" ticket.

Numbers are an illusion and will not hold.  Either from lack of interest or CRS will completely fold due to no one subing and PAYING $18!!

LOWER THE SUB COSTS NOW!!!!

$18 is to much.

Signing a cell phone like contract for a whole year commitment.......BITE ME!

Originally posted by axishatr

No matter how many free losers you get in game it boils down to how many of them are dumb enough to drop $18/month and support CRS's terrible planning and inability to run a business.

If they don't sign up and pay it is still over.  Right now all you have is a bunch of free loaders using your toliets, drinking the free drinks, and parking all over your yards.......and as of yet have not purchased a meal or "show" ticket.

Numbers are an illusion and will not hold.  Either from lack of interest or CRS will completely fold due to no one subing and PAYING $18!!

$18 is to much.

Agree 100% about the monthy sub cost.

But, as far as the free play option I look at it a lil diffrently.

Its more of a gift to the ww2online playerbase.This game plays better the more that are playing it. And free play has filled the servers once again back when the game had its golden era.The only diffrence now is that the game has MORE features and most people NOW play infantry.

Now even if 10 percent of these f2p players go for the silly cell phone like contract they only going to pay 129.00 for an entire year (I dont like the contract thingy either but I have after seeing the f2p be such a hit I did sub up for the year)

And I mostly play rifleman anyways (but I like to post missions so I have my own Fru (Field Resupply Unit or Moveable spawnpoint that will resupply your ammo)

In my opinion even if no free to play players sub up (and we both know some will) it still makes the game a hoot to play with all the new targets to shoot at

And yes 18 a month is too much but they said they are working on that problem too

• axishatraxishatr Member UncommonPosts: 167

They've said a lot of things over the last 8 or so years I played.  Those things that were to be dealt with "soon" never happened when they promised and things always got worse.

That's why most of my accounts I had with them were deactivated.  They didn't deserve anymore of my money.

Again, with what they said they needed to survive they need more then 10% sub captures.  Finally, I simply don't trust crs/playnet anymore with my funds.

• rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329

$18 is to much.

Its more of a gift to the ww2online playerbase.This game plays better the more that are playing it. And free play has filled the servers once again back when the game had its golden era.The only diffrence now is that the game has MORE features and most people NOW play infantry.

Now even if 10 percent of these f2p players go for the silly cell phone like contract they only going to pay 129.00 for an entire year (I dont like the contract thingy either but I have after seeing the f2p be such a hit I did sub up for the year)

And I mostly play rifleman anyways (but I like to post missions so I have my own Fru (Field Resupply Unit or Moveable spawnpoint that will resupply your ammo)

In my opinion even if no free to play players sub up (and we both know some will) it still makes the game a hoot to play with all the new targets to shoot at

And yes 18 a month is too much but they said they are working on that problem too

Agreed.  And I'll add that just like in the good old days having a large population of players makes up for all the quirks and flaws.  I was literally amazed at how many people were playing last night. 

• TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555
    Originally posted by ZekkCC
    I can't imagine a game called World War II Online is any good. :

Shhh Don't spoil how it ends.

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542

So let me get this right....

CRS has released the game as F2P, BUT you are limited to a rifleman or a SMG.  

So they finally listened to the community suggestion from what 6 years ago?!?!    And they wonder why they are floundering.

So much crap, so little quality.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Ok this game have 11 years.   Everything ends. 

Devs want to jump on f2p bandwagon to get some last bucks they can before in not-so-distant future they will have to take plug out  (or run on total maintenance mode).

Nothing to see here - move along.

• UristMcDwarfUristMcDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 111

$18 is to much.

Yeah, well, I hope that's not how DOC sees it. :/ This should be an awesome chance at bringing in both new boots and extra income instead of being a get out of jail free card with hopes of current subscribers not jumping ship and locking themselves into extended plans. I just hope he's quick enough to address the monthly rates / whatever he intends to do. Do it now while the going is good.. not later as an after thought.

But I wouldn't get too happy with these numbers, though. These free-to-play recruits are mostly glorified trial users who for the most part have no clue what they're doing or even how to play. Like you said they're just extra targets for you subscribers to shoot at. So, really, they're just meatbags.. in the end how fun can that really be? I don't imagine there's going to be a lot people sticking around just to play rifle/SMG accounts. Or am I wrong? I'd say you know more than I since you're playing. image

Currently Playing:
    nothing :(