Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game is bad

ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Sorry I know you shouldnt compare games of differing styles and cost to make but this game is pretty horrible, even worse then Tera IMO.  Logged off and uninstalled after an hours worth of playtime. 

I can stomach the bugs, of which there are numerous and the questing although slightly better then Tera's is still bad, especially in this age of GW2's impending release.  The game plays like the cheap F2P Asian action game that it is.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
Waiting on: TESO
Next Flop: Planetside 2
Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

Comments

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by Zylaxx

Sorry I know you shouldnt compare games of differing styles and cost to make but this game is pretty horrible, even worse then Tera IMO.  Logged off and uninstalled after an hours worth of playtime. 

I can stomach the bugs, of which there are numerous and the questing although slightly better then Tera's is still bad, especially in this age of GW2's impending release.  The game plays like the cheap F2P Asian action game that it is.

I played SWTOR.  I suffered enough bugs,

I'll stay away, thanks.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• QuicklyScottQuicklyScott Member Posts: 433

Never heard of it.  I just looked up the RadierZ page here on MMORPG.com.

You know it's bad when the 4 advertised features include character customization and grouping up.

If only more MMOs had that, what astounding innovation (!)

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

*sigh*

Again, really?

I mean seriously, you are turned off by a game in an incomplete closed beta form?

That is not an excuse to stop playing, but a reason to continue to play and create suggestions to make it better.

Just log back into the game, make a list of what you think needs to be changed, and post it on the appropriate section of the forums.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Originally posted by MadDemon64

*sigh*

Again, really?

I mean seriously, you are turned off by a game in an incomplete closed beta form?

That is not an excuse to stop playing, but a reason to continue to play and create suggestions to make it better.

Just log back into the game, make a list of what you think needs to be changed, and post it on the appropriate section of the forums.

No need as the only way to make the game any good would be to scrap it and start over with GW2 as a model.

Sorry, linear questing and gear threadmills are not for me.  To top it off I am not a fan of the Tera/Raiderz combat system.  IMO if you go the action combat style then do the hybrid tab target of a GW2 or an Asherons Call.  Not having access to my mouse cursor is to much of a shock (and yes I know you can hit shift to bring the cursor up). 

Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    Another shitty Korean free to play mmorpg.  Nothing new.  The little kiddies and those that haven't discovered AAA titles will like it.
  • UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571

Got into the beta...this game is extremely terrible.  The combat is way more dull and unresponsive then TERA's.  The graphics are B-League and remind me of Runes of Magic (puke sound here).  The quests are boring kill/fetch quests like every other MMO (minus TSW) and of course their is no voice overs.  The music wanted to make me ram my head through a wall and needed to be turned off immediately. I was actually kind of excited for this game.  Was hoping it would be like Vindictus minus the instanced world.

To top it off its PWI developed so you know immediately its going to be a Pay 2 Win lottery style cash shop like all their other games.

*sigh*

Again, really?

No need as the only way to make the game any good would be to scrap it and start over with GW2 as a model.

Sorry, linear questing and gear threadmills are not for me.  To top it off I am not a fan of the Tera/Raiderz combat system.  IMO if you go the action combat style then do the hybrid tab target of a GW2 or an Asherons Call.  Not having access to my mouse cursor is to much of a shock (and yes I know you can hit shift to bring the cursor up). 

Well then, you obviously aren't playing the game correctly, because if you lock your sights onto a monster and see their health bar, if you press y, you target them.  Admittedly its not a hybrid tab target system, but I think a hybrid y target system that works the exactly the same is good enough, wouldn't you?

Also, how much of the game have you played?  I just ask because I haven't played too much myself.  The questing itself does seem linear, but its honestly no different from most other mmos these days, and gear treadmills?  Dude, they took the "gather certain items and take them to a blacksmith to create new weapons and armor" system Monster Hunter has, which is awesome and breaks prevents it from getting monotonous (especially when you need to collect different items from different monsters that require different strategies).

• Fly666monkeyFly666monkey Member UncommonPosts: 161

1. Character Creation could be a lot better, and would it kill the devs to add a skin tone other than White?

2. Weapon locking skills makes character customization extremely limited, since switching weapons in combat is pointless.

3. Extremely linear questing will turn off the Explorer crowd.

4. The Player Marketplace has the worst interface I have seen in quite some time.

5. Cannot double tap a movement key to dodge. You have no Idea how many times I have accidentally hit the Windows key while frantically trying to dodge an attack, which minimizes the game and gets me killed every time.

6. Language filter is so broken it's not even funny.

7. The number of characters I can type in before my message is cut off in chat is very limited.

8. No map icon for mailboxes or party members.

9. Feels a lot like Terra, in that the action combat seems like the only draw.

10. Combat is clunky at best, and dodging is broken.

11. It's Perfect World.

Originally posted by TheHavok
    Another shitty Korean free to play mmorpg.  Nothing new.  The little kiddies and those that haven't discovered AAA titles will like it.

Ok, what makes it shitty?

• BoldynBoldyn Member Posts: 265

Look at the text below the OP's avatar....ponder.

Notice how he mentiones one certain game as a recipe for success, several times. Consider that game is not released yet...ponder.

Gasp over the fact that he even goes as far as to say that the ONLY way to make RaiderZ a success is to scrap it and remake it like a GW2...ponder.

Now go read a usefull thread.

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

i think its fun for what it is.

i been waiting on this as it looked similar to Tera and i didn't want to shell out the money for Tera.  I learned during this CBT that it isn't really a Tera replacement.  its its own F2P asian thing.

but for what it is.. its not a horrible game, espeically for being in closed beta.

i'm not going to play it because i dont' like questing... but if someone is looking for a F2P actiony MMO just to waste some time on and doesn't mind this playstyle this seems like a winner imo.

the combat really is kinda fun...

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Well i must admit i only played it an hour last night... sure its nothing super special but its not bad.. plus its f2p so people can make up their own minds i guess.

Grephics - Not very good really, textures are low res so use of bump mapping on terrain or anything its just flat textures.. this is really annoying me in MMORPGs now.. its 2012 have soem advanced shaders on your terrains please.. Rest of the graphics are nothing special other than the mobs, now there are some really nice looking mobs in this game I give them that :)

Gameplay - Similar to tera, combat feels a bit better but other than that its tera.

Quests - just your average go kill this go collect that stuff.

Again not really got far into this yet so will give a few more hours at least :)

Blade and Soul looks and plays better tho..

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756

Youre just a gw2 fanboy atm and you will probaly dislike anything beside gw2.

The only argument you give is ''the bugs''   these bugs are the reason why the game is now in closed beta.

What is your point in with this topic? you played the game for a hour and you decided its questing system is better then Tera.

I actually think that this game does have alot of potentional.  Their concept is good and both perfectworld and maiiet are really listening to the community.

Originally posted by UNH0LYEV1L

Got into the beta...this game is extremely terrible.  The combat is way more dull and unresponsive then TERA's.  The graphics are B-League and remind me of Runes of Magic (puke sound here).  The quests are boring kill/fetch quests like every other MMO (minus TSW) and of course their is no voice overs.  The music wanted to make me ram my head through a wall and needed to be turned off immediately. I was actually kind of excited for this game.  Was hoping it would be like Vindictus minus the instanced world.

To top it off its PWI developed so you know immediately its going to be a Pay 2 Win lottery style cash shop like all their other games.

Congraturations, you are the thousandth person to judge a game that is in closed beta and still having the bugs worked out of it, rendering your analysis null and void!

But seriously, as I said before, it isn't even released yet.  It still requires testing, but stomping, and optimization.  There is a known problem with the graphics where they don't appear as they should due to some issue the game has with detecting graphics cards (again this is going to be stomped out before release).  While I can't fault you on fetch quests, the kill quests require you to kill different kinds of enemies, all with different attack patterns and weaknesses, requiring different strategies for each.

Of course there are no voice overs.  They are all in Korean, and were released for this beta (will they get english voice overs, or will they not, only time will tell).  Also, voice overs are a deal breaker for you?  If thats the case, maybe you should go back to SWTOR.

Music, well, to me its a mixed bag.  Some of the world music is annoying, but you can drown it out easily.  The boss music however, is pretty good (of course if it isn't your kind of music, you could always replace it with some quality Monster Hunter 3 boss music.  I highly recommend Great Jaggi, Moga Woods, and Colosseum boss music).

And the final nail in the coffin that makes your review of this incomplete game null and void is the fact that it is developed by Maiet, not Perfect World Entertainment.  Everyone who makes this mistake proves that they have no idea what they are talking about and did little to no research on the subject, as they can't even differentiate between the developers who have total control of the game and the path it takes, and the publishers, who have zero control of the game and the path it takes (also, as this is a hybrid skill/class based game, pay 2 win items will be highly unlikely, as skill will play a more important role than stats).

• ghost047ghost047 Member UncommonPosts: 597

But what makes it not?

Get a life you freaking Gamer.....no no, you don't understand, I'm a Gamer, I have many lives!!

Originally posted by Fly666monkey

1. Character Creation could be a lot better, and would it kill the devs to add a skin tone other than White?

I think a lot of people are hoping for these changes.

2. Weapon locking skills makes character customization extremely limited, since switching weapons in combat is pointless.

And yet this fact is negated by the ability for any "class" to weild any weapon, wear any armor, or use skills from other "classes".

3. Extremely linear questing will turn off the Explorer crowd.

A problem in many MMOs

4. The Player Marketplace has the worst interface I have seen in quite some time.

Its in beta, get used to things not looking as good as published MMOs

5. Cannot double tap a movement key to dodge. You have no Idea how many times I have accidentally hit the Windows key while frantically trying to dodge an attack, which minimizes the game and gets me killed every time.

Its confusing at first, but easy to get used to if you try.

6. Language filter is so broken it's not even funny.

Again, its in beta.  Expect problems.

7. The number of characters I can type in before my message is cut off in chat is very limited.

Hopefully this will be fixed by the time it is released.

8. No map icon for mailboxes or party members.

Maybe they haven't been implemented yet (how many times do I have to remind you that this is in beta)?

9. Feels a lot like Terra, in that the action combat seems like the only draw.

Actually, feels a lot closer to Monster Hunter.

10. Combat is clunky at best, and dodging is broken.

You just haven't gotten it down yet.  Neither have I, but thats what having a learnign curve is all about.

11. It's Perfect World.

The only thing this means is that you are part of the "Oh I'm going to say a game sucks not because it has bad gameplay or anything but because I hate the company it is published by, despite the fact that I have absolutely no reason to hate them, and that said company had absolutely nothing to do with its development" crowd.  Congratulations on ruining your entire argument in one sentence.

Originally posted by Boldyn

Look at the text below the OP's avatar....ponder.

Notice how he mentiones one certain game as a recipe for success, several times. Consider that game is not released yet...ponder.

Gasp over the fact that he even goes as far as to say that the ONLY way to make RaiderZ a success is to scrap it and remake it like a GW2...ponder.

Now go read a usefull thread.

QFT.  Just QFT.

Originally posted by Caldrin

Well i must admit i only played it an hour last night... sure its nothing super special but its not bad.. plus its f2p so people can make up their own minds i guess.

Grephics - Not very good really, textures are low res so use of bump mapping on terrain or anything its just flat textures.. this is really annoying me in MMORPGs now.. its 2012 have soem advanced shaders on your terrains please.. Rest of the graphics are nothing special other than the mobs, now there are some really nice looking mobs in this game I give them that :)

There are currently several bugs regarding the graphics, namely the fact that computers with two graphics cards are having the weaker integrated one automatically selected.  This is being worked on and should be fixed soon.

Gameplay - Similar to tera, combat feels a bit better but other than that its tera.

Quests - just your average go kill this go collect that stuff.

Again not really got far into this yet so will give a few more hours at least :)

Blade and Soul looks and plays better tho..

Originally posted by ghost047

But what makes it not?

You mean aside from the fact that it isn't even in open beta yet?

The game is undergoing beta testing.  Bugs are being fixed.  Issues are beign solved.

The game is incomplete, and not ready for release yet.  Calling it shitty when it is in beta is just pathetic.

• nukempronukempro Member Posts: 76

For the most part I agree with the OP, however I wouldn't have put it like that...It's just if your sick of the gear grinder type game then you should pass...I did try it and the thing I liked about it the most is how boss type mobs act when you fight them...I can see this game being a decent success as a F2P game...

As far as the bugs/missing features and things...this is not just a beta..its a very early closed beta...normally I would call BS on the "its a beta" excuse, but this beta JUST started.

Im happily waiting for GW2, but I wouldn't be surpised if I find myself dabbling in this just to kill time till that day comes.

• Lord_AthonLord_Athon Member UncommonPosts: 165

Ok, after 2 days trying to play it, and found this stupid IE solution, I realized that RaiderZ it's not what I expected.

Normal, low grade game.

I'll try a bit more (til lvl20) and i'll say more... or wont say anything else.

I still dont get why great games with2/3 years dont feed the gamers, and something like this does. Ok, I'll try a bit more.

• LachyFTWLachyFTW Member UncommonPosts: 181
    This game is a poor man's Tera, you should have known that going in. BTW GW2 BEST GAME EVAH HERP DERP! am I doing it right?
  • Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

I found no bugs... I enjoy reading posts that make baseless claims and don't even bother to mention specifics or ANY details at all.

This reminds me of Harry Reid making baseless claims... hmmmm we all see what happened to him...

Perhaps before you start spreading rumors and sewing seeds of information, you should have some details and some empirical evidence?

So tell me OP, WHAT bugs?

I noticed GW2 had A LOT of bugs, for instance you can shoot right through walls at people in the BG's so you have a distinct advantage as ranged.   I noticed that a few of the quests in GW2 in the Asura area wouldn't complete the first time I did them, had to drop em and re accept and re complete them.

So, whats Raiderz's Bugs? 

Lack of character customization?  yep, it sure has that...  Lets look at your love GW2, Hmm only 10 hairstyles for Asura?  Disappointing :-(

Please stop being so blinded by your absolute adoration and undying love for GW2.  Thank you.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    Originally posted by Laughing-man

I found no bugs... I enjoy reading posts that make baseless claims and don't even bother to mention specifics or ANY details at all.

This reminds me of Harry Reid making baseless claims... hmmmm we all see what happened to him...

Perhaps before you start spreading rumors and sewing seeds of information, you should have some details and some empirical evidence?

I noticed GW2 had A LOT of bugs, for instance you can shoot right through walls at people in the BG's so you have a distinct advantage as ranged.   I noticed that a few of the quests in GW2 in the Asura area wouldn't complete the first time I did them, had to drop em and re accept and re complete them.

Lack of character customization?  yep, it sure has that...  Lets look at your love GW2, Hmm only 10 hairstyles for Asura?  Disappointing :-(

Please stop being so blinded by your absolute adoration and undying love for GW2.  Thank you.

maybe the man doesnt like the game and felt its garbage and uninstalled it? Does he really need to have a reason to ?  Some of you guys cannot stand it when something you hold dear is criticised. the guy has every right to voice his opinion and even if you do not agree with him it doesnt mean hes wrong nor you are.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Originally posted by Laughing-man

Not blinded but very much humbled at the sheer volum of content, work ethic and dedication to a vision "I" hold as the best course for an MMO to make.

Sorry your so mad that I had an opinion but I am entitled to it and your belly aching isnt going to change the fact that I think Raiderz is a terrible game with little to no sense of innovation.  From the ugly animations, awful art style, and boring classes to the engrish phraseology and the sheer F2P quality of the world.  At least Tera had the decency to be a AAA MMO, Raiderz is nothing more then a cheapened version of it and is a bad game because of it.