Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Epic music

JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849

Anyone else think they did a fantastic job with the music in this game ? Its very reminiscent of a Elder Scrolls game. I think the first time I really stopped and noticed a "epic soundtrack" playing in the backround was Morrowind & this game brings back that sense of "O wow, the music is really setting the mood".

I'v seen quite a few threads on how this game delivers when it comes to giving you that sense of wonder reminiscent of your favorite or first MMO and i would have to agree.  The exploration and the organic feel of the world really immerse you into the game and the soundtrack/music just adds to this. GuildWar2 delivers on so many fronts, Just a great game.

• Aloha Mr Hand ! 

Comments

• SiderasSideras Member Posts: 231
    Originally posted by thunderC

Anyone else think they did a fantastic job with the music in this game ? Its very reminiscent of a Elder Scrolls game. I think the first time I really stopped and noticed a "epic soundtrack" playing in the backround was Morrowind & this game brings back that sense of "O wow, the music is really setting the mood".

I'v seen quite a few threads on how this game delivers when it comes to giving you that sense of wonder reminiscent of your favorite or first MMO and i would have to agree.  The exploration and the organic feel of the world really immerse you into the game and the soundtrack/music just adds to this. GuildWar2 delivers on so many fronts, Just a great game.

Well GW2 and The Elder Scrolls series have the same composer, namely Jeremy Soule. You should give the GW1 soundtrack a listen if you like this. He has a pretty unique style, if I were to hear the music without knowing the composer I would instantly know it was him :P

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    The old times had people like Mozart or Beethoven, we have people like Howard Shore, John Williams, or ... Jeremy Soule ;)
    Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• RogueTroopaRogueTroopa Member Posts: 147
    I never played morrow,ind but sky rim didn't have a very good score as I can't even remember it. Personally the best score of all time has to go to vanilla wow. The music in each zone are stunning.

Land of AKA Godzilla with Wifey

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

I play Guild Wars 1's soundtrack when playing any other mmo, and though a lot of Skyrims soundtrack is atmosphere rather than theme, there is some great stuff there. Judging from the scores put up on youtube, GW2 will have the best soundtrack in mmo history.

Be interesting to see if the game can match it, unlike GW1.

• bhimabhima Member Posts: 81
    I noticed there was ALOT more music playing while out in the open world compared to the previous BWEs. They must have added some extra tracks and actually looped them because last time, you would hear a song for 2 min then it would be silent for 10-20 minutes.
  • -Inferno--Inferno- Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 325
    I recently learned that Jeremy Soule also did the soundtrack for Secret of Evermore... one of my favourite games for the SNES. He's really talented :)

"Fire is never a gentle master..."

• Got_Game_TVGot_Game_TV Member UncommonPosts: 262
  • CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

Age of Conan is easily the best MMORPG soundtrack.

I mean, its not even close.

• VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501
    Originally posted by RogueTroopa
    I never played morrow,ind but sky rim didn't have a very good score as I can't even remember it. Personally the best score of all time has to go to vanilla wow. The music in each zone are stunning.

you mean you do not remember the epic theme that plays every time you meet a dragon? Or the elder scroll theme at start?

Ok then...

The rest of the music in Skyrim is atmospheric and meant to enrich your exploration instead of stealing the show.

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

• DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556
    Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

Age of Conan is easily the best MMORPG soundtrack.

I mean, its not even close.

You mean this one

The Enlightened take things Lightly

• DookzDookz Member UncommonPosts: 562
    I have heard music from Guild Wars 1 while playing the betas.  Are they placeholders or  did Anet intentionally reused some of them perhaps to recreate an emotional connection from Guild Wars 1?

Playing now: Cities: Skyline / Ori and the Blind Forest / Banished