Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free Trial is a Real Pain

Nikoz78Nikoz78 Member UncommonPosts: 910
I downloaded the game and then they wanted me to go through a silly amount answering numerous questions, signing up for this or that, getting this code, and on and on. Also, their rules for user names and passwords is very annoying! I can't be bothered for such a well-known crappy game so I simply uninstalled it. Whatever.

I miss the good ol' days when nerds were actually intelligent.

Comments

• KakkzookaKakkzooka Member Posts: 591
    In which case, failing is winning. Congratulations!

Re: SWTOR

"Remember, remember - Kakk says 'December.'"

• rendusrendus Member UncommonPosts: 329
    Originally posted by Psychow
    [mod edit]

....or he passed because he uninstalled instead of playing?

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146
    Trion wanted me to do a survey today and between every question there was one of those anti-bot tests where you have to give yourself eye strain trying to figure out the letters, stuff that. Companies test our patience, and it end up back-firing on them, I swear the people that run these things have lost all touch with humanity, says the hermit with no friends.
  • MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    I ran to none of the problems you ran into.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

The free trial is so limited that it's next to useless anyways.  The rest of the game beyond lv 15 seems to be a beta trial anyways, except that it is paid for.  But for 15 bucks a month you can use the GTN, the envy amogst games in the 90's.  Even if it's not up to todays standards, It would have been great for EverQuest 1!

I don't think space combat is even available that low level is it?  Odd that was a major advertisement for this game, as a minigame.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

It was such a huge download that I forced myself past that sign-up. I can't remember it being all that bad. Playing 8 characters to 15 is already morethan enough to know what the rest of the game has in store for you. If you're not into the story driven (SP) games then you should have saved yourself the download. I'm liking the Star Wars universe as long as I don't think about it too much. Pew, pew, Whoosh, pew, pew... Not enough to buy it though, since it'll be F2P soon. Why bother?

imageimage
  • SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857
    Originally posted by Nikoz78

I downloaded the game and then they wanted me to go through a silly amount answering numerous questions, signing up for this or that, getting this code, and on and on. Also, their rules for user names and passwords is very annoying! I can't be bothered for such a well-known crappy game so I simply uninstalled it. Whatever.

Nobody knows what you're talking about, dude. I made a trial account. There was an *easy* form to fill out. The whole process took 45 seconds. I am sorry for your loss of SWG, but please don't troll Bioware as an act of revenge, when Lucas Arts is the company who killed it.

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• ProstiProsti Member Posts: 45
    As much as I wanted to sit there and continue playing it. My huge disappointments were the fact that once you hit 15.. Nothing.. They cut you out of a lot of stuff and that is severely something that shouldn't really be needed in a trial. But it's whatever, to be honest, the new way of their "Free to Play" is really just problematic. I mean we get to do Flashpoints once a week. No raids.. That's kind of a big PvE pull and yet you have to pay for them? Not my cup of tea, which is fine cause I got to play my Bounty Hunter. So I'm very set.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    when the free-to-15 trial launched i played for a while with a lowbie character and after that day i havent been able to log in..... now the launcher keeps saying that my account is inactive and need to set up a subscription.... so im just going to wait until fall to f2p launch