Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New article for TESO, looks promising folks

ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
Waiting on: TESO
Next Flop: Planetside 2
Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

Comments

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

"What I'm most excited about thus far is the promise that The Elder Scrolls Online isn't going to have the typical MMO combat system, nor is it going to lend itself to the typical click-and-wait combat system that's defined World of Warcraft and all the WoW clones that have flooded the market. Instead, it sounds as though they're going to basically be porting Skyrim's combat into a multiplayer setting, and it'll all be real time. "

Wow, wait...... what???

The Elder Scrolls Online is entirely third-person. "

This article is a all over the place.....

• SebberSebber Member Posts: 221
    Originally posted by Kuppa

"What I'm most excited about thus far is the promise that The Elder Scrolls Online isn't going to have the typical MMO combat system, nor is it going to lend itself to the typical click-and-wait combat system that's defined World of Warcraft and all the WoW clones that have flooded the market. Instead, it sounds as though they're going to basically be porting Skyrim's combat into a multiplayer setting, and it'll all be real time. "

Wow, wait...... what???

Be ready to be disappointed big time....

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
    All the current information available indicates that TESO has your typical hotbar combat just like WoW. Don't see how it's at all like any of the other Elder Scrolls games.
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

its pretty clear this article was preped in direct response to fan input. The thing is, its almost totally obvious that the person writting it was sitting down the PR team at Zenimax.

totally amazing.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by Zylaxx

http://www.gamedynamo.com/article/preview/4092/2544/en/PC/The_Elder_Scrolls_Online

Good article and I agree with what they stated.

You're being sarcastic right? TESO is sounding like the biggest pile of dung you can make with a very well cherished IP.......just like all the others have done with our beloved IPs......RIP Star Wars, Warhammer, Lord of the Rings, Star  Trek and any other beloved IP that was raped by its games' development team and producers.

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com

• HarttzHarttz Member Posts: 91

Unless they completely redid the combat system in response to the complaints then this is completely false. The combat is absolutely nothing like Skyrim from everything that they have said so far. So I really can't help but feel that the author of this article just has absolutely no idea what they are talking about.

Originally posted by Harttz

Unless they completely redid the combat system in response to the complaints then this is completely false. The combat is absolutely nothing like Skyrim from everything that they have said so far. So I really can't help but feel that the author of this article just has absolutely no idea what they are talking about.

I know, it kind of feels like we are getting punked or something...

• dronfwardronfwar Member Posts: 316
    Skyrim's combat. Mounting a dragon and flying over Tamriel. cool I'm down... can't wait for TESO,

They would spend a billion dollars and 10 years of extra development time re-engineering the game in addition to a massive covert PR project to convince people that the new method is what they always meant to begin with before simply saying:

'we are sorry we messed up we want to do it right this time'

• prpshrtprpshrt Member Posts: 258
    Damn. I'd like skrim styled combat in an MMO. Although I've heard Tera's the only MMO that does something similar. Emphasis on heard cause I know nothing about what TERA's combat is actually like. Or do it sort like Amalur did. Idk I haven't seen any footage of how the combat works but if it truly is anything like skyrim's combat, I'm down. I could care less about graphics because while graphics do a lot for immersion and stuff, its all for naught if the combat's typical WoW combat.
  • dronfwardronfwar Member Posts: 316
    Originally posted by prpshrt
    Damn. I'd like skrim styled combat in an MMO. Although I've heard Tera's the only MMO that does something similar. Emphasis on heard cause I know nothing about what TERA's combat is actually like. Or do it sort like Amalur did. Idk I haven't seen any footage of how the combat works but if it truly is anything like skyrim's combat, I'm down. I could care less about graphics because while graphics do a lot for immersion and stuff, its all for naught if the combat's typical WoW combat.

yea, im gonna feel like alice in wonderland if they really gonna make that happen.

• livespartanlivespartan Member Posts: 71
    This guy sees a completely different game than what we've be told it its going to be.
  • KorususKorusus Member UncommonPosts: 831

100% of the information in that article (the parts that are actually true and not completely made up on the spot, like the wildly made up and seeming outright lie that the game's combat will in any way resemble Skyrim or any Elder Scrolls game ever made) comes from the now old Gameinformer article written months ago.

Literally nothing new to see here beyond the author's own delusional fantasies.

----------
    Life sucks, buy a helmet.

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Originally posted by Xzen
    All the current information available indicates that TESO has your typical hotbar combat just like WoW. Don't see how it's at all like any of the other Elder Scrolls games.

False, they have stated magicka/hp/stamina bars will be present in the game, and blocking actions etc will require stamina and manual triggering. 

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465

I know, it kind of feels like we are getting punked or something...

Pretty much.

The devs on multiple occasions stated TESO combat will not be like the ES SPGs.

This is some PR BS to a know-nothing author that does not know any better, in order to counter the wide spread and legitimate complaint that TESO is not going to play like any other ES title.

Nothing to see here.

• NeVeRLiFtNeVeRLiFt Member UncommonPosts: 380

TESO will fail faster and harder then SWTOR!

Just wanted to go ahead say it now... TESO is just looking to be terrible and in the face of logic and common sense they're going to go ahead with it just like SWTOR did.

At least they will make some money from box sells, and maybe one extra month of game time if they're lucky.

Played: MCO - EQ/EQ2 - WoW - VG - WAR - AoC - LoTRO - DDO - GW/GW2 - Eve - Rift - FE - TSW - TSO - WS - ESO - AA - BD
    Playing: Sims 3 & 4, Diablo3 and PoE
    Waiting on: Lost Ark
    Who's going to make a Cyberpunk MMO?

• SebberSebber Member Posts: 221
    Originally posted by NeVeRLiFt

TESO will fail faster and harder then SWTOR!

Just wanted to go ahead say it now... TESO is just looking to be terrible and in the face of logic and common sense they're going to go ahead with it just like SWTOR did.

At least they will make some money from box sells, and maybe one extra month of game time if they're lucky.

Don't worry they just need MORE CGI trailers!

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Wow, wait...... what???

TESO is using a hybrid action/tab target combat system in much the same fashion as GW2.

Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

I am one of the few (apparently) that disliked Skyrim and Tera combat systems.  In the case of Tera I hate getting locked in place and I hate having to manually aim some crosshair.  In Skyrim I hate that I have no skills as a melee user except for left click, left click, left click repeat till mob is dead,  I can mix it up and hit sprint or W and D to do some other moves but it always had the same flavor.  In a hotbar system you have access to skilsl and abilities that make mlee feel more viscreal and fun.

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788
    I take any footage/talk with a grain of salt. Until I see actual game footage, gui and all everything is speculation and hype. 

Wow, wait...... what???

TESO is using a hybrid action/tab target combat system in much the same fashion as GW2.

Thats very different to Skyrims combat.

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072

I am one of the few (apparently) that disliked Skyrim and Tera combat systems.  In the case of Tera I hate getting locked in place and I hate having to manually aim some crosshair.  In Skyrim I hate that I have no skills as a melee user except for left click, left click, left click repeat till mob is dead,  I can mix it up and hit sprint or W and D to do some other moves but it always had the same flavor.  In a hotbar system you have access to skilsl and abilities that make mlee feel more viscreal and fun.

As much as I love Skyrim, I have to agree with this. The ranged part is fine (Bow), but magic not so much, I'd rather swap spells through hotbar, the quick menu is just clumsy and breaks the action. What comes to melee, why the heck cant I kick my opponent on the nuts? Or do any kind of advanced special moves? Why not be able to enchant my melee attacks with magic? Hotbar with at least a few special moves would improve the combat a lot.

Even if I find the bow pretty much fine (aim and shoot), even it could use special moves like groin kick and/or quick dagger stab, empower arrow with fire/electric/ice magica combo attack. But no, it is very basic like all the combat in Skyrim, you pick one weapon (or set) or spell and then click click click.

Now if TESO would have the realtime base of skyrim combat, with hotbar to add more flavour and variety into attacks the system would be amazing, I would absolutely love it.

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Originally posted by Xzen

You mean just like any and all current generation MMORPG's.

Originally posted by Kuinn

As much as I love Skyrim, I have to agree with this. The ranged part is fine (Bow), but magic not so much, I'd rather swap spells through hotbar, the quick menu is just clumsy and breaks the action. What comes to melee, why the heck cant I kick my opponent on the nuts? Or do any kind of advanced special moves? Why not be able to enchant my melee attacks with magic? Hotbar with at least a few special moves would improve the combat a lot.

Even if I find the bow pretty much fine (aim and shoot), even it could use special moves like groin kick and/or quick dagger stab, empower arrow with fire/electric/ice magica combo attack. But no, it is very basic like all the combat in Skyrim, you pick one weapon (or set) or spell and then click click click.

Now if TESO would have the realtime base of skyrim combat, with hotbar to add more flavour and variety into attacks the system would be amazing, I would absolutely love it.

just for the record when people say 'skyrim' like combat they are not refering to the details they are basically saying they want generally...FPS style combat, like perhaps Darkfall for example.

Also, people tend to use the word WoW clone loosely. It doesnt mean exactly like WoW, it means like mainstream MMOs.

someone should create a users manual for new players who do not see these things on instict yet.