Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Favorite MMO Class... EVER!

Comments

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    My Shadow Priest n WoW
  • SlorgSlorg Member UncommonPosts: 37

Enhancement Shaman Wow

Zealot and Warrior Priest from Warhammer

• odinsrathodinsrath Member UncommonPosts: 814

i loved org. eq1 with cleric / bard / enchanter and SK ...also loved every class shadowbane had ...DEF.warloc was really fun along with all the other classes

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341
    Hmm...toss up between Bard in Ragnarok Online and Mesmer from GW1. I liked being able to AoE buff while flinging arrows, or combine with a Dancer for greater effects in RO, but running around in lingerie killing things with their own skills was stupid amounts of fun. Especially when the enemy was a monk.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• Bartman3054Bartman3054 Member Posts: 2

Enchanter in Everquest (#1). No other class has been as fun or challenging,

Soloing for fun charm an Orc wandering the Ro and have him fight his buddy, hope like all get out that charm doesnt break.

Teaming up allowing a group to take on dungeons it would have no chance without a Chanter.

Buffs galore for your team but little damage output on your own.

LOVED IT!!!!! miss it. 

• zethcarnzethcarn Member UncommonPosts: 1,558

EverQuest - Beastlord

WoW - Death Knight

WoW MoP Beta - Monk (probably my new favorite class!)

• zethcarnzethcarn Member UncommonPosts: 1,558
    Originally posted by tank017

EQ1 bard..

the run speed,the weaving of  songs,the CC,the hot's and 'crack songs,the buff and haste songs..did I mention the blinding speed?

OMG that speed,  so much fun and deadly.

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

I'd have to say Shaman in wow, no matter the build really, ele, enh, resto.. all were great fun to play!

A hot 2nd is Thane in DAoC! i just love anything "lightning" on a non-pure-caster class :P

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    My favorite class has always been the mage in most MMOs, now with Guild Wars 2 looming to come out August 28th, Mesmer is going to be my favorite.

Smile

• rbprillyrbprilly Member UncommonPosts: 5

Rift -- Mage:/Heal/Dps/Support

Rift -- Cleric:/Heal/Dps/Tank/Support

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660
    For PVP, my favorite mmo class ever was a tie between the main two mass crowd control classes in DAOC (can't remember which they were). For PVE, it was Templar in EQ2, followed by Enchanter in EQ1.
  • HybridvampyrHybridvampyr Member Posts: 61
    I loved my Sorc in WAR. The ultimate glasscannon!
  • Zen_BladeZen_Blade Member UncommonPosts: 106
    Everquest Monk was fun as hell.
  • laokokolaokoko Member UncommonPosts: 2,004
    Barter/Trader from....
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Bureaucrat

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

EQ - Necro

I also liked a lot of skill combos in UO (classic, not the new junk), but it didn't really have classes.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Confessor from Shadowbane.

The lore behind the class was superb, the gameplay was great, everything about that class kicked ass. If you knew what you were doing, you could either be a beacon of healing for your allies, or a fiery avatar of death to your foes. Or somewhere in the middle.

It's the class I miss the most out of all my years of MMO experience.

Edit: And even though I hate FFA full loot PvP games, Shadowbane still stands out as one of the best MMOs I've ever played. Wolfpack put a lot of love into the game, and it showed.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Necromancer. Self heals, can live forever through lifetap skills

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• GilcroixGilcroix Member UncommonPosts: 262
    Ranger - Daoc with the old archery system. The new system sucks. image
  • PhoebesPhoebes Member UncommonPosts: 190

MMORPG - Warhammer Zealot or EQ1 Necro

MMOFPS - Planetside Infiltrator

• miconamicona Member UncommonPosts: 677
    Originally posted by Rednecksith

Confessor from Shadowbane.

The lore behind the class was superb, the gameplay was great, everything about that class kicked ass. If you knew what you were doing, you could either be a beacon of healing for your allies, or a fiery avatar of death to your foes. Or somewhere in the middle.

It's the class I miss the most out of all my years of MMO experience.

Edit: And even though I hate FFA full loot PvP games, Shadowbane still stands out as one of the best MMOs I've ever played. Wolfpack put a lot of love into the game, and it showed.

Geez i remember playing that class in SB anyone know happened to the game ?

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Druid - WoW. Nuff said.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• ZuvielifyZuvielify Member Posts: 168

blood mage - Vanguard

If the rest of that game was playable, I would have loved to play that class longer than I did

• viturinoviturino Member Posts: 7
    Assassin from Ragnarok Online.
  • ZuvielifyZuvielify Member Posts: 168
    Originally posted by m0lly

so this is the thread where people pick the oldest game and oldest class just to note hey i was there or wasnt but saying anyways.

The games tend to be older because that was the time when MMORPG developers weren't dumbing down their games and classes to attract the masses. It was also when PVP was less of a focus. A lot of exciting class mechanics go away when players are attacking other players