Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Time Machines, Visions(TM), Kickstarter, And Brad McQuaid -- A Rhapsody In Mad Dreams

brash99brash99 Member UncommonPosts: 94

So last night I had a dream that SOE went bankrupt and all its game assets were put up for auction, and Brad McQuaid started a  KICKSTARTER program to get the game back, promising to rerelease it in all its ORIGINAL 2007 "Vision"(TM) -- ie KOS racial areas, boat ferries for travel, almost no riftstones or flying mounts, THREE SPHERES on equal footing crafting restored to its former glory.  Old School to the bone, and basically a time machine back to 2007 but pretending he had the time (and sobriety)  to finish the original game as he intended it. All players would also need to start from scratch, no exisitng characters at all. Maybe the INQUISITOR class as a "Stretch Goal" if the kickstarter met its goals.

And I was wondering if people would laugh at him and refuse saying "Fool Me Twice? I think Not Mister McQuaid!" or how many people would say "heck YES take my money!"

So would you give Brad:

1) Not a penny! Brad had his chance and blew it up his nose
2) Not a penny, Brad's a genius and SOE sucks but it could never work today - sorry!
3) Not a penny - the game had its chances AND FAILED FOR A REASON
4) $5, just a mild show of support to show you like the idea
5) $70, yes yes yes! Plus a monthly sub, thats all good with me!
6) $250 because the ORIGINAL Vision was majestic!

Comments

• csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121

I'd show a little support just because I'd play it again. The settings was much better then compared to now. No such thing as Bind on Equip, crafters were the only ones that can deconstruct items for materials, etc.

• LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692

He screwed the pooch the first time.  I was so looking forward to the game EQ2 should have been but...  Well the rest is history.

• KilsinKilsin Member RarePosts: 515

None of these options could ever happen though, ever.

SOE owns the intellectual rights to Vanguard: Saga of Heroes.

Brad has returned as an employee under SOE's roof and he is probably on a tight leash.

Brad has no right to VG anymore and could never legally raise any money claiming to put it towards Vanguard.

Sadly the only option would be for everyone to put their money together with maybe a group of trusted Veterans in charge of the Kickstarter fund with the sole intentions of raising millions to purchase VG from SOE and take it over themselves, hiring Devs and starting from scratch.

If that happened, I would throw my money at the screen.

It would have to be basically re written the entire game on the Unreal Engine 4 with optimizing for multi threads and cores, multi GPU support and all the old school features that you listed put back in place.

Advertise the crap out of it and watch them come!

That would be very cool indeed.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by Kilsin

Sadly the only option would be for everyone to put their money together with maybe a group of trusted Veterans in charge of the Kickstarter fund with the sole intentions of raising millions to purchase VG from SOE and take it over themselves, hiring Devs and starting from scratch.

If that happened, I would throw my money at the screen.

It would have to be basically re written the entire game on the Unreal Engine 4 with optimizing for multi threads and cores, multi GPU support and all the old school features that you listed put back in place.

If this happens I'd pay $70 for sure, eventhough I'm pretty short on cash lately...