Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aerowyn's Video Compilation of ALL things Guild Wars 2(Pre-Launch)

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Originally posted by cyraeth
    Just Amazing..... nice work... hopefully this would help a lot to those lacking of information and will correct some untrues tabues about the game....

Naw, I never watch videos about games, so I'll continue to spread untruths  image

Summarize it all in some nice bullet points or a PowerPoint deck (no more than 5 slides) and I might be interested.

HA! probably could do that and some people probably still wouldn't be happy.. need to do some inception on some people :P

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

added lengthy video in the Extras section Totalbiscuit did summarizing his time in the beta weekends he goes over a lot of topics and how he talks and presents his arguments makes it easy to listen to even if it is almost an hour long:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

just added new section about sPVP guides. These are basic intro guide videos to help people get an idea of how classes play in PVP. I couldn't find a really good engineer intro video so I posted two build guide videos on the engineer that I felt went over the class very well.

found two more great DE boss fights and put them in the DE section. The underwater one is great! 

added nice video under Extras of character creator showing some celebrity look alikes, really liked the liam and clint:P  also added video about skill in PVP in the Hot Topics section...

• ZhylawZhylaw Member Posts: 115

Regardless of anyones feelings on the game itself....excellent post well done nice work. Good example of a fan doing their game a great service.

And for the record my CE is already ordered :P

• ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    UnderWater Dynamic event

That event looked pretty fun, was like 20 little asurans by the end.  I was spamming 6 in my head for like the first 3 minutes.

Originally posted by Zhylaw

Regardless of anyones feelings on the game itself....excellent post well done nice work. Good example of a fan doing their game a great service.

And for the record my CE is already ordered :P

seeing the threads on here continue to pile up I don't know if my efforts were very helpfull but hopefully some people got some good information from the videos

Originally posted by olisud
    To much everything for not so much what you get from game :( I am disappointed from gw2. Excepted much much more not just another theme park, damn i can't even collect mounts .

huh?

• zaylinzaylin Member UncommonPosts: 794
    Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

You know, I'm happy how thrilled and excited people are to have this game.

But are you ready for the negativity that always follows an MMORPG after a few weeks have gone by?

what do I care if I'm in game having fun?

No fanboi of GW2 here, but totally agree with ya :) .

Was not really intrested in GW2  thought {cough} SWTOR would be my new home,but It was not the right fit for me. One of the other divisions in my clan was for GW2, so I said what the heck, checked out a few more videos,read a few articles....and only came to one conclusion http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3pmwrtlDaY&feature=youtu.be&t=1m2s

The whole package (IMO) looks like it will be a lot of fun to play.

Originally posted by zaylin
    Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

You know, I'm happy how thrilled and excited people are to have this game.

But are you ready for the negativity that always follows an MMORPG after a few weeks have gone by?

what do I care if I'm in game having fun?

No fanboi of GW2 here, but totally agree with ya :) .

Was not really intrested in GW2  thought {cough} SWTOR would be my new home,but It was not the right fit for me. One of the other divisions in my clan was for GW2, so I said what the heck, checked out a few more videos,read a few articles....and only came to one conclusion http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3pmwrtlDaY&feature=youtu.be&t=1m2s

The whole package (IMO) looks like it will be a lot of fun to play.

and at the end of the day that's what these game should be about, they should about the fun. For me constantly running the same dungeon or Raid for the 100th time just hoping that .001% drop falls and you happen to get the roll for it is not my idea of a fun time. 

oh love the dusk till dawn reference btw:P

added two new videos  in the Hot Topics section that discuss the endgame topic also added another video in the Extras section that goes over 60 reason to play GW2 in 60 seconds:) enjoy

Originally posted by Serin101

You should probably include this one regarding to how the Economy works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxqviXuS1vY&feature=plcp

added video to Hot Topics on ecenomy not same video but by same uploader just shorter version that covers all the topics on the economy but not 2 hours long:)

• Serin101Serin101 Member Posts: 103

added video to Hot Topics on ecenomy not same video but by same uploader just shorter version that covers all the topics on the economy but not 2 hours long:)

I suppose that works, I guess people can look at the other one if they really want to go further in depth regarding the flow of the economy because the video you have posted is good at explaining the Trading Post mostly, but hey w/e works.

I suppose that works, I guess people can look at the other one if they really want to go further in depth regarding the flow of the economy because the video you have posted is good at explaining the Trading Post mostly, but hey w/e works.

i just know many people won't sit through a 2 hour video.. it's hard enough to get some people to watch a 5 min video :P

I added the video you linked as more indepth version next to the shorter one so peopel can choose:)

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

MMORPG.com should make you their official correspondent for GW2, heck, even give you your own video blog.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by Kyleran

MMORPG.com should make you their official correspondent for GW2, heck, even give you your own video blog.

heh well not sure how much good all these videos are doing as still seeing all the same complaints on every other thread.. but just happy to contribute and help pass information on this game.

• latinkurolatinkuro Member Posts: 121
    Originally posted by Meowhead

This is missing that absolutely hilarious video of a ranger's pet running up and intercepting a projectile.

it's a great demonstration of the wonderful animations (And giggle-worthy sad cat noise), and the fact that you CAN body block projectiles.

Also, hilarious.  Can't remember where it is. T.T

edit:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_zn404EpSs

Found it.  A fun counter to when somebody says it's simply a tab target system with autohitting projectiles. :D

This video made me laugh so hard how the pet is blown away by the hit.......

so funny, and yet it also demostrate very clearly a very important part of GW2 combat mechanics.

still laughing my butt off, will be looking to blow up pets to bits come release so I can laugh my butt off.

so many angry posts recently on this forum.. anyway to lighten things up a little bit added a video under the Extras section of what you can get in the Box Of Fun available on the gem store.

RA RA RA GOOOO GW2

• Serin101Serin101 Member Posts: 103

Here's a link for the most updated reciepes for Cooking Buffs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9toxtq72No

Hopefully these Cash Shop whiners stop pissing their pants about "temporary buffs being paying for power". 

Here's a link for the most updated reciepes for Cooking Buffs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9toxtq72No

Hopefully these Cash Shop whiners stop pissing their pants about "temporary buffs being paying for power". 

added to crafting section thanks:)

I also added new sPVP video from another post in the forums showing a nice match with commentary. Also moved the Hot Topics section to the top so people would see this first heh

• gelraengelraen Member UncommonPosts: 316

I see that you have one of Woodenpotato's lore videos linked, but there are others (which I can't see in the list, unless I'm blind).

Guild Wars 2 Lore: The Chosen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnriRbcISjM&list=PL00553A085339802C&index=4&feature=plpp_video  (which has great artwork) 

Guild Wars 2 Lore: The Characters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhNHe_J-rSM&list=PL00553A085339802C&index=3&feature=plpp_video

Guild Wars 2 Lore: The Fall of Ascalon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2nznISDkwk&list=PL00553A085339802C&index=2&feature=plpp_video

Originally posted by gelraen

I see that you have one of Woodenpotato's lore videos linked, but there are others (which I can't see in the list, unless I'm blind).

Guild Wars 2 Lore: The Chosen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnriRbcISjM&list=PL00553A085339802C&index=4&feature=plpp_video  (which has great artwork) 

Guild Wars 2 Lore: The Characters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhNHe_J-rSM&list=PL00553A085339802C&index=3&feature=plpp_video

Guild Wars 2 Lore: The Fall of Ascalon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2nznISDkwk&list=PL00553A085339802C&index=2&feature=plpp_video

thanks forgot to add those before:P will add them when I get home