Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Defiance: Gamescom Video Dev Diary Released

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 17,625MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

Trion Worlds and the Defiance development team have released a new video diary where the team discusses what it is that makes Defiance such a new force in the MMO genre. Among other things, they talk about persistence, dynamic content, the game’s seamless open world, vehicular gameplay, and the versatile weapon customization system.

Associate Editor:
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

• RazeeksterRazeekster Solon, MEPosts: 2,305Member Uncommon
    Shaping up to be pretty great it looks like :)

• BanegrivmBanegrivm Mechanicsburg, PAPosts: 201Member Uncommon
    If they are smart they will make it free to play. I think that pay to play is pretty much done. I'm pleasantly surprised to see Bill Trost working on this. That cat is a class act as far as developers go. I also hope they have a pure FPS perspective too. I'm not crazy about the whole third person view. It always sort of bugged me when it came to shooters. It just feels really awkward to me. I've lost alot of interest in MMO's nowadays because too many of them look like WoW/EQ reskinned, but this actually looks interesting to me. 

Leader of the 1st Fist of Light

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Nooo, AKPosts: 1,781Member Uncommon
    Being that I go to St. Louis quite often, I'm curious to know what kind of condition its in in this game.  Or if there's any realism to its real world locations.... Or.... if its just entirely destroyed and not recognizable at all.
  • lightningjaclightningjac Alexandria, VAPosts: 92Member
    coolest mmo evaaaaaaaaa!
  • LeetheLeethe Posts: 878Member Uncommon
    All I can say is thank god GW2 is B2P because I am sooooooo playing this

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.
    "This kind of topic is like one of those little cartoon boxes held up by a stick on a string, with a piece of meat under it. In other words, bait."

• mCalvertmCalvert Tallahassee, FLPosts: 1,283Member
    Sucks that it will be dumbed down for console players. Oh well.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko RotterdamPosts: 3,916Member Uncommon

The TV show tie-in will give them a huge advertising boost. You'll most likely see game adds as part of the show's intro sequence.

Looks like Defiance will be vaguely competing with Planetside 2 in a way. It's primarily an MMOFPS, although it seems to have a large PVE component.