Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Throwing money at Anet mission impossible!

2»

Comments

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by Luxthor
    Originally posted by Derros
    dont mean to be rude, but have you actually tried contacting customer support?  If your contry is listed, and not working, they might like to know about that, so they can fix it.

Not rude at all, you really think that I need go through slow PITA support, waste few days just to buy a product?!

So instead of contacting customer support to get this fixed, you come to mmorpg.com?  What are we suppose to do for you?  It would probably just take one email to get an answer.. I doubt that you would be on the phone for three days..

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• LuxthorLuxthor Member Posts: 171
    Originally posted by dzoni87

After all talk, research, beta weekend I finally decided to buy GW2 for me and my wife. So I took the credit card and went to famous pre-purchase page just to realize that my country Croatia are somehow banned from purchasing their product. Googled on web, yes, there is countless cases, it's really impossible. Only one distributor is listed for my country and they are left without pathetic quantity of GW2 codes in first few days.

I don't know, got scared a little, maybe Berlin wall is up again, so I went to the different MMO site and tried to pre-purchase their product, worked fine, sub working fine and CS worked fine, good, everything working as it should. ;)

But my GW2 adventure ends here, if I cant participate from day one of the new MMO, I will not participate at all. Especially with the modern theme-park MMO-s.

Good luck to you all, hope your game will not die after three months.

I know... Serbia is left out of pre-purchases too. Why dont you just do like i did for my sister and two other friends? Go and buy a pre-order, at least here we got plenty of those. Then just come at the day of release and swap a pre-order box for a retail one and problem solved :O

Unless, they are even out of those. I know, my friends from Croatia said that Algoritam is awfull sometimes.

EDIT: Yes i know, you wont have a 3 day headstart, but excluding reserving names, i cant see that as a big problem. And you have more naming options anyway :D

End of this month is kind of perfect time for me to spend on MMO, later on I will not have enough time anyway, also there is no pre-order available either.

---
    "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that."

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    dont mean to be rude, but have you actually tried contacting customer support?  If your contry is listed, and not working, they might like to know about that, so they can fix it.

Not rude at all, you really think that I need go through slow PITA support, waste few days just to buy a product?!

When I contacted them last regarding that issue they answered in like, less than a day... 

For the record: also from croatia. So doing what I told you above should fix the issue. I'm just wondering now why didn't they fix this already since I surely wasn't the only one reporting that problem.

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

Originally posted by GwapoJosh

So instead of contacting customer support to get this fixed, you come to mmorpg.com?  What are we suppose to do for you?  It would probably just take one email to get an answer.. I doubt that you would be on the phone for three days..

This problem persist from April, they didn't fix it yet. And yes, using this forum to share my trouble, went out and maybe get some new information, is that so wrong?

---

• dzoni87dzoni87 Member Posts: 541
    Originally posted by dzoni87

After all talk, research, beta weekend I finally decided to buy GW2 for me and my wife. So I took the credit card and went to famous pre-purchase page just to realize that my country Croatia are somehow banned from purchasing their product. Googled on web, yes, there is countless cases, it's really impossible. Only one distributor is listed for my country and they are left without pathetic quantity of GW2 codes in first few days.

I don't know, got scared a little, maybe Berlin wall is up again, so I went to the different MMO site and tried to pre-purchase their product, worked fine, sub working fine and CS worked fine, good, everything working as it should. ;)

But my GW2 adventure ends here, if I cant participate from day one of the new MMO, I will not participate at all. Especially with the modern theme-park MMO-s.

I know... Serbia is left out of pre-purchases too. Why dont you just do like i did for my sister and two other friends? Go and buy a pre-order, at least here we got plenty of those. Then just come at the day of release and swap a pre-order box for a retail one and problem solved :O

Unless, they are even out of those. I know, my friends from Croatia said that Algoritam is awfull sometimes.

EDIT: Yes i know, you wont have a 3 day headstart, but excluding reserving names, i cant see that as a big problem. And you have more naming options anyway :D

End of this month is kind of perfect time for me to spend on MMO, later on I will not have enough time anyway, also there is no pre-order available either.

Eh, like i said... Algoritam :( I hope that they will at least have a retail boxes on launch day... and that you will manage to get one of those. 

Main MMO at the moment: Guild Wars 2
    Waiting for: Pathfinder Online

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

Umm...what? You went to another site, bought a copy, got it setup and everything is fine...but you will skip the game since you weren't able to play it on "day one"?

You do realize the had-start doesn't begin until Aug. 25th, right? The game is not live. Also, even if you were to chose an option that for some reason didn't offer the head-start, this is a game where being three days behind, a week behind or a month behind is going to mean...absolutely nothing!

I'd be worried about starting late in a PvP enabled sandbox game, but a theme-park? Really? The rush to the level cap in GW2 is even more pointless than it is for many other MMOs where people rush to get to "end game".

There are so few truly good MMOs that get released, to skip this one for the reasons given would just be, well, sad.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

Originally posted by korent1991
    Originally posted by cinos

Whilst that's unfortunate for you at present, throwing your dummy out of the cot stating you will now never buy the game is a little immature don't you think?

You never struck me as a person who really wanted to play this game anyway, so why all of a sudden is playing on day 1 so important to you? It'll all still be there when you'd eventually get in.

Edit: Also Croatia IS listed in the purchase drop down list. You could easily get a digital edition right now, but I'm guessing that you are actually complaining about not being able to purchase the CE which is out of stock in your country now.

Tried everything, country is listed but not working. Lot's of peoples have same issue.

I'm not extra happy with GW2 game design, you got it right, but I love art design. Game is B2P so best way is to participate from the start, especially for me. At this point, I'm kind of insulted by Anet, need little time to consolidate ;), maybe I will think over on xmas.

yep, the same issue I had when I was buying the game... ANet just told me to use a different country (which is still in europe) to do the purchase and then just proceed regularly and it worked. :)

Try doing that and see how it goes?

Well, I don't want to experiment and hack with my credit card, and incidentally accused for fraud somehow. No thanx. If they fix problem regularly, than OK.

---

Originally posted by fiontar

Umm...what? You went to another site, bought a copy, got it setup and everything is fine...but you will skip the game since you weren't able to play it on "day one"?

You do realize the had-start doesn't begin until Aug. 25th, right? The game is not live. Also, even if you were to chose an option that for some reason didn't offer the head-start, this is a game where being three days behind, a week behind or a month behind is going to mean...absolutely nothing!

I'd be worried about starting late in a PvP enabled sandbox game, but a theme-park? Really? The rush to the level cap in GW2 is even more pointless than it is for many other MMOs where people rush to get to "end game".

There are so few truly good MMOs that get released, to skip this one for the reasons given would just be, well, sad.

Man, you got upset more than me ;), as you already answered in your post “week behind or a month behind is going to mean...absolutely nothing“, if I skip day one, I can join whenever is possible. I already explained why it is so precious playing from day one for me. Also, it's just me and bunch of other Croatian, you wouldn’t even noticed that we are missing.

---

• BeowulfsamBeowulfsam Member UncommonPosts: 145

We are talking about digital version from the start, it's never too late man.

Hm strange that A-net doesn't have Croatia or Serbia on the digital purchase country list, but they have Slovenia, Macedonia, Montenegro and Bosnia (which I'd put in a same general region as ex-YU, although, Slovenia is in EU and others aren't). Silly, I wonder why is it so, must be some oversight.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

I don't mind if you play the game or not, not my business. But by the way you're complaining about whats going on and the fact it compelled you to talk about it on forums suggests to me that you will almost definately play this game regardless at some point.

That's not trying to troll.. it's just basic psychology. You might as well suck it up and save yourself from being even more late to the party.

Better late than never. Seriously, I'm trying to do you a favor here.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • dzoni87dzoni87 Member Posts: 541
    Originally posted by fiontar

Man, you got upset more than me ;), as you already answered in your post “week behind or a month behind is going to mean...absolutely nothing“, if I skip day one, I can join whenever is possible. I already explained why it is so precious playing from day one for me. Also, it's just me and bunch of other Croatian, you wouldn’t even noticed that we are missing.

Well... out of Reserving character names i really cant see a much of a problem.

Starting areas will be zerg fests, local chat rooms will be full of trolls and haters and all of those stuff that follow the glorious launch days. However, like i said, wait for release day and find out if they are having retail boxes still. I mean, they cant be THAT bad. In addition to this, follow some croatian GW2 communities, see where they are playing and stuff. Be a bit active there, and you will easilly get into community no matter when you purchase :D

However, if you worry about when will people leave game, then... i dont know what to say. Only time will tell. my guessing that GW2 will maintain some dose of decent community who will play trough the time. 

Main MMO at the moment: Guild Wars 2
    Waiting for: Pathfinder Online

Originally posted by Vannor

I don't mind if you play the game or not, not my business. But by the way you're complaining about whats going on and the fact it compelled you to talk about it on forums suggests to me that you will almost definately play this game regardless at some point.

That's not trying to troll.. it's just basic psychology. You might as well suck it up and save yourself from being even more late to the party.

Better late than never. Seriously, I'm trying to do you a favor here.

If I can't participate from start than I can wait half year for possible discount, till then maybe they will fix the problem. Don't forget atm there is no way I can legally purchase the game, waiting for support to get instruction how to false my credit card information I wont do either.

p.s. that info about Anet support instruction is not from official source.

---

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202

Huh?

For some odd reason Croatia is between Guinea-Bissau and Hungary. They didn't sort the countries alphabetically. But Croatia is ON the list.

Edit: just read the rest of the thread, country listed but not working. 

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216

If you want something, then why not?  Ive had to go through CS to get help with products I wanted to buy.  It seems more like this was an impulse buy for you, and not being able to buy it right away gave you the oportunity to have second thoughts.  More than likely you'd have it well before the head start on the 25th.

Also, people are probably going to be at max lvl before the head start weekend is over, if you arent trying to be one of those people, i dont see what the big deal about not getting it on day 1 is.  Hell when Wotlk came out, i rerolled a shaman, and took him to 80, yea some people were better geared, but ultimately it didnt affect anything. 

• gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861
    Originally posted by seridan

Huh?

For some odd reason Croatia is between Guinea-Bissau and Hungary. They didn't sort the countries alphabetically. But Croatia is ON the list.

Edit: just read the rest of the thread, country listed but not working. 

this. also ncsoft support is pretty good.

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607

Whilst that's unfortunate for you at present, throwing your dummy out of the cot stating you will now never buy the game is a little immature don't you think?

You never struck me as a person who really wanted to play this game anyway, so why all of a sudden is playing on day 1 so important to you? It'll all still be there when you'd eventually get in.

Edit: Also Croatia IS listed in the purchase drop down list. You could easily get a digital edition right now, but I'm guessing that you are actually complaining about not being able to purchase the CE which is out of stock in your country now.

Tried everything, country is listed but not working. Lot's of peoples have same issue.

I'm not extra happy with GW2 game design, you got it right, but I love art design. Game is B2P so best way is to participate from the start, especially for me. At this point, I'm kind of insulted by Anet, need little time to consolidate ;), maybe I will think over on xmas.

yep, the same issue I had when I was buying the game... ANet just told me to use a different country (which is still in europe) to do the purchase and then just proceed regularly and it worked. :)

Well, I don't want to experiment and hack with my credit card, and incidentally accused for fraud somehow. No thanx. If they fix problem regularly, than OK.

OP doesn't want to use Anet's work around to resolve the issue. /thread

• dellirious13dellirious13 Member Posts: 205

You should be able to get digital editions from amazon or going through paypal on the guildwars2 pre-purchase site. If you wanted CE, thats even hard to get in other EU countries, and even many US retailers have been sold out of it since may (or were constantly selling out and ordering more, etc

Sucks that it didn't work, but hopefully you can get it from one of the ways I listed, good luck on whatever adventure you end up going on though! :)

EDIT: If you call customer service, they should be able to give you a manual way to order the key if you don't want to use their work around, too. They dont like to do orders manually, but they do want their customers to be able to purchase their product ;)

Originally posted by Xzen

OP doesn't want to use Anet's work around to resolve the issue. /thread

It's advice from random forum poster, not official Anet 'work around', so you are saying that I should forge my c.card information?! /lol ;)

---

Originally posted by dellirious13

You should be able to get digital editions from amazon or going through paypal on the guildwars2 pre-purchase site. If you wanted CE, thats even hard to get in other EU countries, and even many US retailers have been sold out of it since may (or were constantly selling out and ordering more, etc

Sucks that it didn't work, but hopefully you can get it from one of the ways I listed, good luck on whatever adventure you end up going on though! :)

EDIT: If you call customer service, they should be able to give you a manual way to order the key if you don't want to use their work around, too. They dont like to do orders manually, but they do want their customers to be able to purchase their product ;)

They didn't fix this 'problem' since April, PayPal not working either. After GOA debacle I'm very cautious on these things. Will not force anything with Anet, I'm kind of disappointed atm and that's all.

---

• AngztAngzt Member Posts: 230
    Originally posted by Ilaya

uhm....

just use amazon?

But it sucks big time that you where not able to buy it from their site tho. Hmmm....

And i can confirm, Berlin Wall is still down ;)

Greetings from GER mate *waves*

yep, confirmed on that one, we actually sold it to tourists... americans, chinese, obviously they ran out of colored stones there :)

"believe me, mike.. i calculated the odds of this working against the odds that i was doing something incredibly stupid… and i did it anyway!"