Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Throwing money at Anet mission impossible!

LuxthorLuxthor Member Posts: 171

After all talk, research, beta weekend I finally decided to buy GW2 for me and my wife. So I took the credit card and went to famous pre-purchase page just to realize that my country Croatia are somehow banned from purchasing their product. Googled on web, yes, there is countless cases, it's really impossible. Only one distributor is listed for my country and they are left without pathetic quantity of GW2 codes in first few days.

I don't know, got scared a little, maybe Berlin wall is up again, so I went to the different MMO site and tried to pre-purchase their product, worked fine, sub working fine and CS worked fine, good, everything working as it should. ;)

But my GW2 adventure ends here, if I cant participate from day one of the new MMO, I will not participate at all. Especially with the modern theme-park MMO-s.

Good luck to you all, hope your game will not die after three months.

---
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that."

Comments

• QuicklyScottQuicklyScott Member Posts: 433

Wow dude, that REALLY sucks... No excuse for that.  Croatia is a great country, why the hell aren't they selling to Croatians?  Does this happen regularly with other companies?

As for you not playing, it's your call.  To me, not being able to play on the first day is a slightly silly reason not to play.  

• CromicaCromica Member UncommonPosts: 657

Sucks to be you.

Don't worry it will last for years, atleast for me because I will never play a stat grind treadmill game again.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661

uhm....

just use amazon?

But it sucks big time that you where not able to buy it from their site tho. Hmmm....

And i can confirm, Berlin Wall is still down ;)

Greetings from GER mate *waves*

• AsalzSyAsalzSy Member UncommonPosts: 230
    i got the same problem with my card then i tried via paypal with the same card & it worked..weird..
  • LuxthorLuxthor Member Posts: 171
    Originally posted by QuicklyScott

Wow dude, that REALLY sucks... No excuse for that.  Croatia is a great country, why the hell aren't they selling to Croatians?  Does this happen regularly with other companies?

As for you not playing, it's your call.  To me, not being able to play on the first day is a slightly silly reason not to play.  

I love zones filled up with peoples, lots of possibilities, fresh game lot's of noobs, it's not silly reason at all.

---

Originally posted by Luxthor

I love zones filled up with peoples, lots of possibilities, fresh game lot's of noobs, it's not silly reason at all.

GW2 will always have people in the zones because when they add new content it will no be just at level 80 it can be any level, hell the first content patch could add new DE to the starter zones.

Originally posted by cinos

Whilst that's unfortunate for you at present, throwing your dummy out of the cot stating you will now never buy the game is a little immature don't you think?

You never struck me as a person who really wanted to play this game anyway, so why all of a sudden is playing on day 1 so important to you? It'll all still be there when you'd eventually get in.

Edit: Also Croatia IS listed in the purchase drop down list. You could easily get a digital edition right now, but I'm guessing that you are actually complaining about not being able to purchase the CE which is out of stock in your country now.

Tried everything, country is listed but not working. Lot's of peoples have same issue.

I'm not extra happy with GW2 game design, you got it right, but I love art design. Game is B2P so best way is to participate from the start, especially for me. At this point, I'm kind of insulted by Anet, need little time to consolidate ;), maybe I will think over on xmas.

---

• PravanaPravana Member Posts: 48

After all talk, research, beta weekend I finally decided to buy GW2 for me and my wife. So I took the credit card and went to famous pre-purchase page just to realize that my country Croatia are somehow banned from purchasing their product. Googled on web, yes, there is countless cases, it's really impossible. Only one distributor is listed for my country and they are left without pathetic quantity of GW2 codes in first few days.

I don't know, got scared a little, maybe Berlin wall is up again, so I went to the different MMO site and tried to pre-purchase their product, worked fine, sub working fine and CS worked fine, good, everything working as it should. ;)

But my GW2 adventure ends here, if I cant participate from day one of the new MMO, I will not participate at all. Especially with the modern theme-park MMO-s.

There's no need to be hostile. I wish you nothing but fun in the game you were able to sign up to without issues but this wasn't place to take out your grievance.

Originally posted by Cromica

GW2 will always have people in the zones because when they add new content it will no be just at level 80 it can be any level, hell the first content patch could add new DE to the starter zones.

So you telling me that I should wait for another Anet charity or permission to buy from them?!

---

Originally posted by Cromica

So you telling me that I should wait for another Anet charity or permission to buy from them?!

I am saying that getting in on day 1 does not matter at all because the way the game is designed zones won't be empty.

Well clearly you waited to long and your country is now out of stock of physical copies for release.

You can still buy a digital version and get in on day one though. Croatia is in the list.

We are talking about digital version from the start, it's never too late man.

---

I also remember Anet saying the limited the number of codes going out to limit the number of beta testers, maybe they just haven't realeased more in you area yet.

Whilst that's unfortunate for you at present, throwing your dummy out of the cot stating you will now never buy the game is a little immature don't you think?

You never struck me as a person who really wanted to play this game anyway, so why all of a sudden is playing on day 1 so important to you? It'll all still be there when you'd eventually get in.

Edit: Also Croatia IS listed in the purchase drop down list. You could easily get a digital edition right now, but I'm guessing that you are actually complaining about not being able to purchase the CE which is out of stock in your country now.

Tried everything, country is listed but not working. Lot's of peoples have same issue.

I'm not extra happy with GW2 game design, you got it right, but I love art design. Game is B2P so best way is to participate from the start, especially for me. At this point, I'm kind of insulted by Anet, need little time to consolidate ;), maybe I will think over on xmas.

Ah so it's bugged? I wouldn't feel insulted over that, bugs happen. The fact that your country is listed proves that they do intend to sell to it. Something has just gotten screwed up in the coding maybe.

Have you tried paying through paypal however? Another poster here suggested that that worked.

PayPal failed either.

---

Originally posted by Ilaya

uhm....

just use amazon?

But it sucks big time that you where not able to buy it from their site tho. Hmmm....

And i can confirm, Berlin Wall is still down ;)

Greetings from GER mate *waves*

*waves back* ;) Amazon had issue with pre-purchase codes, so I wanted to skip this mess.

---

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    dont mean to be rude, but have you actually tried contacting customer support?  If your contry is listed, and not working, they might like to know about that, so they can fix it.

Ah so it's bugged? I wouldn't feel insulted over that, bugs happen. The fact that your country is listed proves that they do intend to sell to it. Something has just gotten screwed up in the coding maybe.

Have you tried paying through paypal however? Another poster here suggested that that worked.

PayPal failed either.

Could you link some of the google pages you found? Having trouble finding anything about it, most likely cause I'm searching in english.

Just curious to see what steps people have taken and if Anet are aware of the problem.

Anet answer is as always 'Please contact support ', other links are from Croatian forums, no worry I'm not alone.

---

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

yep, the same issue I had when I was buying the game... ANet just told me to use a different country (which is still in europe) to do the purchase and then just proceed regularly and it worked. :)

Try doing that and see how it goes?

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

Originally posted by Derros
    dont mean to be rude, but have you actually tried contacting customer support?  If your contry is listed, and not working, they might like to know about that, so they can fix it.

Not rude at all, you really think that I need go through slow PITA support, waste few days just to buy a product?!

---

• dzoni87dzoni87 Member Posts: 541

I know... Serbia is left out of pre-purchases too. Why dont you just do like i did for my sister and two other friends? Go and buy a pre-order, at least here we got plenty of those. Then just come at the day of release and swap a pre-order box for a retail one and problem solved :O

Unless, they are even out of those. I know, my friends from Croatia said that Algoritam is awfull sometimes.

EDIT: Yes i know, you wont have a 3 day headstart, but excluding reserving names, i cant see that as a big problem. And you have more naming options anyway :D

Main MMO at the moment: Guild Wars 2
    Waiting for: Pathfinder Online