Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Max level by crafting

sofakingdumbsofakingdumb Member Posts: 54

People jumped onthe bandwagon of this game thinking it will beam them to some mmorpg heaven. The fact is, everyone thought that of Star wars; and look now; it is about to go F2P and labaled a single player RPG experience. 

Guildwars has been and always will be the mmorpg players ALTERNATIVE to real MMORPG. [mod edit] Meaning they took class work out and just gave a graphically stunning environlent. YOu spam attacks and pots and bam. No need to act like you a support or damage role (RPG). Just need to help others spam in a corner of pvp events. 

This reflects GW1 when it launched. Back then MMORPGS like EQ1 and what not were hardcore. WOW just came out and GW was a competitor. People went to wow because they had class challenge to figure out. PEople went to GW because it was EASY. Instanced PVE, and MOBA like PVE. GW2 is no different except they removed the instancing and replaced it with a world map and added dumb puzzles like "jump from brick to brick" or "join the random fight here". It will fail as people move up the map leaving new crowd by passing the pvp stuff. Exactly like GW1 where all top level where in the "snowy map part" LOL

[mod edit]

http://news.mmosite.com/content/q/2012-06-12/guild_wars_2_you_can_level_up_to_80_without_killing_a_thing.shtml

Comments

• GrahorGrahor Member Posts: 828
    Well, I like your name. It's so... appropriate. It's good to see people knowing themselves.
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254

Damn, you really don't like this game.

I actually like that you can craft to gain levels quite a lot. IT helps add variety and makes crafting feel that much more rewarding.

• SentimeSentime Member UncommonPosts: 270
    It takes a lot more skill crafting to 80 then killing pixels to 80.
  • ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Enjoy your stay in some other MMO.  The rest of us scrubs and baddies will be enjoying ourselves in GW2.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• PurgatusPurgatus Member Posts: 342

Isn't it wonderful that an MMO company puts in viable alternatives to combat in a game rather than listening to our extremely vocal OP.

Anet, great job!

• Odinthedark1Odinthedark1 Member Posts: 330
    I wouldnt agree on saying the game sucks, but i agree that it is definately an ALTERNATIVE game. For one reason, it is buy to play and will always be secondary to a main sub game for occasions such as maintenence....at least for me.
  • StrixMaximaStrixMaxima Member UncommonPosts: 865
    Hard to believe we come from the same ancestors, and that we share the same species.
  • yaoming36yaoming36 Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Originally posted by StrixMaxima
    Hard to believe we come from the same ancestors, and that we share the same species.

I just got an image of monkey smashing up a typewriter like keyboard writing this in rage XDXDXDXD

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202
    You really hate the game, now take and deep breath and don't post on these forums again.

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• TheBigDRCTheBigDRC Member Posts: 162
    So there's another way to get to max level? OMG, variety!

You know what's fun about chaos? I do, but I won't tell.

• LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893
    Remember guys, we're not allowed to have fun unless it's WoW Approved.

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

• scotty899scotty899 Member Posts: 166

the most odd OP ever lol.

eat some cookies and chill

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    sofakingdumb explain it all.
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

I guess variety is good.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• RamadarRamadar Member Posts: 167
    Originally posted by sofakingdumb

People jumped onthe bandwagon of this game thinking it will beam them to some mmorpg heaven. The fact is, everyone thought that of Star wars; and look now; it is about to go F2P and labaled a single player RPG experience. 

Guildwars has been and always will be the mmorpg players ALTERNATIVE to real MMORPG. [mod edit] Meaning they took class work out and just gave a graphically stunning environlent. YOu spam attacks and pots and bam. No need to act like you a support or damage role (RPG). Just need to help others spam in a corner of pvp events. 

This reflects GW1 when it launched. Back then MMORPGS like EQ1 and what not were hardcore. WOW just came out and GW was a competitor. People went to wow because they had class challenge to figure out. PEople went to GW because it was EASY. Instanced PVE, and MOBA like PVE. GW2 is no different except they removed the instancing and replaced it with a world map and added dumb puzzles like "jump from brick to brick" or "join the random fight here". It will fail as people move up the map leaving new crowd by passing the pvp stuff. Exactly like GW1 where all top level where in the "snowy map part" LOL

[mod edit]

Out of the 14 years that I have been playing mmo's I never thought I would see the day that a game like Guild Wars 2 would be the No 1 most popular game ever made before it's launch date. on behalf of Arena Net and myself I would like to thank sofakingdumb and others like him for making Guild Wars 2 the most talked about game on the world wide web I thank you and our friends at Arena Net thank you too.

Lets all give thanks to everyone on the net for making Guild Wars 2 the No 1 game in the world.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb....

• PilutPilut Member Posts: 47

I think a lot of people are so stuck in the mentality that max level is where the game really begins. Try to enjoy the way there too. And as for crafting from level 1-80, I will leave you with the wise words of Woodenpotatoes:

"If that's the PvE experience they want, let them have it"

• CromicaCromica Member UncommonPosts: 657
    Originally posted by Pilut

I think a lot of people are so stuck in the mentality that max level is where the game really begins. Try to enjoy the way there too. And as for crafting from level 1-80, I will leave you with the wise words of Woodenpotatoes:

Thats how every mmo has been for 8 years, and change scares people [mod edit]

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682
    Originally posted by sofakingdumb

[mod edit]

http://news.mmosite.com/content/q/2012-06-12/guild_wars_2_you_can_level_up_to_80_without_killing_a_thing.shtml

You don't and never have spammed potions in GW1. You also have never just spammed your skills. There are many hundreds of skills to chose from for each GW1 profession and the key has always been to select the correct 8 skills for your skill bar "deck" from that pool of skills. In GW1, as in GW2, most skills are only situationally useful and knowing when to use skills in GW1 was always a very important part of play. Energy was a very important factor in GW1 and really forced you to use the proper skills at the proper times.

GW1 was not a full MMO because all content was instanced, there was no persistence to the world. Also, though you could make a group out of real players, you could also fill, or just fill out, a group with henchmen and NPC Heroes. The game was balanced around the assumption of using a full or near full group for everything, which seriously detracted from the feeling of importance for your character.

So, you "fail" on the actual substance of your post.

Yes, in GW2, it is possible for a player to level a character all the way to level 80, just by crafting. You would have to advance every single crafting profession to Master and do so with an eye at XP efficiency, so if you think this task is easy or anything less than incredibly expensive, you have another thing coming to you.

In practicality, you might see a guild supply and fund a crafting only character. Or, any player may roll a seperate alt to do all their crafting and over the course of leveling several alts to the level cap via normal play, they may be able to supply/fund the eventual level capping of that crafting alt, via crafting alone. We are not talking about someone firing up the game for the first time and sitting in a corner, self funding a crafting grind to end up at level 80 with out any real effort.

Some have suggested that they could fund the progression via the gem for gold exchange. I'll tell you that to do so would be insanely expensive, no less time consuming and would always be limited by the availability of higher level crafting mats. Even if someone pulls this off, either via gem purchased gold or via a fortune in gold accumulated via very extensive game play, what is it you feel they would have gained that they didn't actually work for?

The point to XP for crafting in GW2 is that it's just another example of being able to play the way you enjoy playing, with out having to sacrifice progression if what you enjoy is something other than grinding mobs or PvE content. You can earn XP from combat, doing reputation tasks, exploring, crafting, gathering, participating in World vs. World PvP and/or from completing certain daily/monthly or non-cyclical achievments. The balance isn't always absolute, but you don't have to completely lose out on XP progression because you prefer to do things other than pure combat.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015
    Originally posted by Cromica

The unskilled sit around in forums crying about the lack of gear progression in pvp. They won't be able to handle losing because there won't be excuses.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• CromicaCromica Member UncommonPosts: 657
    Originally posted by Magnetia

The unskilled sit around in forums crying about the lack of gear progression in pvp. They won't be able to handle losing because there won't be excuses.

My point exactly

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919
    Originally posted by Magnetia

My point exactly

Well, one thing I can say: If I ever do get into the more competitive side of PVP for this game, assuming I can purchase it due to my current mild money issues, I'll now be able to prove my ability in combat through whether I know what the heck I'm doing, rather than the other guy winning due to having 3 times my health bar and 2 times my damage output.

• DjildjameshDjildjamesh Member UncommonPosts: 406
    Originally posted by yaoming36
    Originally posted by StrixMaxima

I just got an image of monkey smashing up a typewriter like keyboard writing this in rage XDXDXDXD

hahaha actually bursted out in laughter, damn you :p

• kafka1984kafka1984 Member Posts: 83
    Thanks OP for this insightful post. Please don't let the door hit you on your way out.

=]

Roll the Dice

• lathaanlathaan Member UncommonPosts: 476

the girl is on a strange agenda, but as long as she's funny ...

sometimes i think these OP's are people that are increasingly afraid to be left alone in their games while all the brain-kids run for the new shit. its those people who intentionally will miss the first month of gw2 only to slip in through the backdoor later just to be the one who didnt fall for 'the hype'. if asked in a year, they were there "from day1!!" tho ;)

• Real doesn't mean good

Case in point