Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

baldatgames going to jail?

fub01fub01 Member Posts: 24

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK753Q-yWc0&list=UUOK_WWWZ21imEOGvd1LVUBg&index=1&feature=plcp

Wonder if he's really getting sued, if he is, it's about time.

Comments

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919
    Who is this guy exactly?
  • SebberSebber Member Posts: 221
    Originally posted by Enigmatus
    Who is this guy exactly?

A guy who makes fun of games, mainly GW2 ATM.

• C1d0sC1d0s Member UncommonPosts: 238

Knowing the fanbase, and reading the comments, some of his videos are actually funny.

Good troll.

• Mage_FrancisMage_Francis Member Posts: 53
    Young Uncle Fester.  
  • heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    Who is this person and why should I care?

• WahrHeitWahrHeit Member UncommonPosts: 57

...... Who the fuck cares lol...no offense.

If he is a troll...why give him more views.

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Originally posted by fub01

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK753Q-yWc0&list=UUOK_WWWZ21imEOGvd1LVUBg&index=1&feature=plcp

I demand five minutes of my life back.  Give it nao!

Never heard of this guy.  Honestly if he can have fun making these videos and get attention from those willing to give it then good for him.  Everyone needs some form of attention.  It was visual rodeo for me though and I got kicked off at the 5:00 mark.

I do find it amusing that he complains about the kind attention he's getting while obviously creating content to get that exact type of attention.

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    I don't think anyone cares about a Youtube troll with 1000 views.
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by dekou

Apparently someone does if he's getting sued..

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877
    Originally posted by Nitth

Originally posted by dekou

Apparently someone does if he's getting sued..

You get sued for anything and for the most ludricous claims.  Hell that dipshit of a mother sued McD or whatever for making her kids fat or whatever that debaticle was.  No fucking shit some geasy ass saturated fat food is going to make your kids fat.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

There is a difference between making fun, or calling people names and telling lies about them, he certainly passed the line of what is acceptable. His lies might have actually hurt public opinion about the company or their products without these facts being backed up with proof.

Indeed the internet is a free place, that allows people to say what they want, but this freedom should not be taken to lightly as everyone needs to understand that its not allowed to damage people or properties without backing it up by truth.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• n3v3rriv3rn3v3rriv3r Member UncommonPosts: 496
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

There is a difference between making fun, or calling people names and telling lies about them, he certainly passed the line of what is acceptable. His lies might have actually hurt public opinion about the company or their products without these facts being backed up with proof.

Indeed the internet is a free place, that allows people to say what they want, but this freedom should not be taken to lightly as everyone needs to understand that its not allowed to damage people or properties without backing it up by truth.

He is not convicted yet so legally only  a court can decide what is a lie and what not. In our society only legal system can decide who is right and who wrong - we don't have angry mobs and gallows to decide about that.
    ... and don't talk about freedom of speech on internet because you are talking out of context - he is not anonymous (you are here) and he at least has the balls to say what he thinks. He is accountable and can be sued. Most of people on this forum and on youtube channel are hiding behind a nickname.
    I don't agree  with what he have to say, but I dont like how people decide to be offended for everything either.

• KrossliteKrosslite Member Posts: 317
    Originally posted by WahrHeit

...... Who the fuck cares lol...no offense.

If he is a troll...why give him more views.

I hate to say I looked.... but I will never again.

If he is guilty of liable then more power to NCSoft.

A MMO is like life. It is something to cherish and enjoy upon in it journey. So why race to the end of it. In life at the end you die.

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

It is pretty funny how much MMO players get attached to their games. Some of them seem plain out of their minds though when other people make even a remote criticism about their "chosen one."

Never heard of this guy, but taking someone to court because they got trolled is just batshit crazy.

• Redhawk2006Redhawk2006 Member Posts: 105
    I don't know what the libel laws are in Australia but I doubt they will send him to jail for it. Usually it involves paying damages to the person you harmed or an order to remove libelous material. The worst part of that video was hearing children's voices in the background and realizing that people like this breed.
  • The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459

Two words come to my mind about that guy:

"Troll" and also "Attention Whore". And sadly he gets the attention he wants by acting like a total retard. And he really looks the part too.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893
    Has anyone actually seen the post saying he's getting sued or is he just making this up?

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

• strangepowersstrangepowers Member UncommonPosts: 630

Freedom of speech doesn't mean there are not consequences for what you might say.

A lot of people seem to be confused about that...

But yeah, this made up "jail" think is just more attention seeking. If anything in reality it would be a service of cease and desist.

• fub01fub01 Member Posts: 24
    Originally posted by Leethe
    Has anyone actually seen the post saying he's getting sued or is he just making this up?

I'm beggining to think he just made it up, based on the fact that he started posting again on the forums.

• dzoni87dzoni87 Member Posts: 541

LoL, watch his video that says "Stick to WoW, GW2 level is a big fail"

By watching it, one would assume that he have the valid arguments. Except for the fact that he didnt probably even touched none of the "leveling" aspects on the game, or simply put, tried the game actually. Everyone who played GW2 knows that leveling in GW2 actually works in that way.

'What if i dont want to craft? What if i dont want to PvP? What if i dont want to Explore?' I bet he is one of those guys that hang around in Orgrimmar and wait for LFG invite. Sad

Main MMO at the moment: Guild Wars 2
    Waiting for: Pathfinder Online

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    Originally posted by strangepower

Freedom of speech doesn't mean there are not consequences for what you might say.

A lot of people seem to be confused about that...

Specially on the Internet.

In my country, some moron posted videos of his "speed records" in his car on youtube. Two days later, police was at his home. A good example of how stupidity can be punished, even on the Internet.

The guy in that video could use a good slap in the face, it would be for his own greater good.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• CacaphonyCacaphony Member Posts: 738

Heh, I don't necessarily care for this guy, but getting sued? That's a little pathetic isn't it? Stop watching the videos, and don't give him the attention he so obviously needs. Suing him because he is a YouTube troll though? Come on guys, grow up. Stop watching the videos, and pay more attention to the media that you actually enjoy.

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053
    Is everyone a youtube "celebrity" nowadays? I have trouble keeping track of who is who.
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    this is just a troll doing what a troll does best.. and looks like its working.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428
    ALL HAIL GW2