Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Favorite class?

TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
Which class is your favorite in GW2? What do you like about it?

8 classes, one choice! :-) I think I did it right this time. LOL

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

Comments

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Every class that I try becomes my new favorite. I plan on fighting my altitis and stick with whatever I choose. Leaning toward Asura Thief.
  • SoulSurferSoulSurfer Member UncommonPosts: 1,024
    I'm going back to my melee roots with the Warrior, it's easy and fun as hell to play this class really aggressively. 
  • Arachneus1Arachneus1 Member UncommonPosts: 248
    I am still up in the air between necromancer or thief - leaning more towards necro though.
  • evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118

I'm not voting yet because I don't know yet.  I purposely didn't play Necro or Ranger because I plan on playing those for my main and first alt, respectively..

I did play a human thief and an asura warrior during the betas and enjoyed the hell out of both so who knows what my favorite will be!  <tears hair out>

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

I have tried all but 3, left 2 to play at launch and engineer will not play at all, just doesnt look like my type of play style. But Necro I had the most fun with, close second would be mesmer and if I played it as much as I played necro it might have been my choice. I will be playing warrior and elementalist at launch, havent touched them yet so not sure if they will be any good. I seen a few posts about Elementalist having the most skills out of all the professions so it might make the most adaptive being so situational.

But as of this day, Necro but still subject to change

• Spartan212Spartan212 Member Posts: 55
    Originally posted by Fearum

I have tried all but 3, left 2 to play at launch and engineer will not play at all, just doesnt look like my type of play style. But Necro I had the most fun with, close second would be mesmer and if I played it as much as I played necro it might have been my choice. I will be playing warrior and elementalist at launch, havent touched them yet so not sure if they will be any good. I seen a few posts about Elementalist having the most skills out of all the professions so it might make the most adaptive being so situational.

But as of this day, Necro but still subject to change

Not telling you how to play, but I would strongly advise at least giving engineer a shot.  I was totally set on playing an elementalist or ranger to start, so I rolled a sylvari engineer just  to check out the starting zone.  I had no interest or desire to play an engineer, but ended up loving it.  I think you'd be pleasantly surprised

• QuicklyScottQuicklyScott Member Posts: 433
    I didn't really enjoy my time in GW2.  That being said, the classes were pretty cool and despite the lack of trinity, were fun to play.  My favourite was the engineer.

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Originally posted by Spartan212

Not telling you how to play, but I would strongly advise at least giving engineer a shot.  I was totally set on playing an elementalist or ranger to start, so I rolled a sylvari engineer just  to check out the starting zone.  I had no interest or desire to play an engineer, but ended up loving it.  I think you'd be pleasantly surprised

You might be right, I guess I was too hard on the engineer class and will probably give it a try as an alt eventually.

• GilcroixGilcroix Member UncommonPosts: 262
    For PvE it's elementalist, for structured pvp it's guardian, and for WvW it's warrior. image
  • SemibruceleeSemibrucelee Member Posts: 52
    As much as I like the game I find the classes boring. I'd pick necro.
  • RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Well said it in the other thread but Guardian, least it'll be my main but who knows, because I heavily focused on the guardian all betas.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

necro

• TheBigDRCTheBigDRC Member Posts: 162

Have me post here now, I see how it is. image

Joking aside, like I said in your previous thread: warrior because I must break things! And necro because I'm an undead nut.

It's a close call, but warrior highest one.

So sayeth me. image

You know what's fun about chaos? I do, but I won't tell.

• ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586
    Who stole all the thieves?  Mesmer is my fav so far.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Obviously people think the thief is not as OP as thives in other MMO´s, seems like noboddy likes it.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

Thief is my first choice. Always was/is since my dnd days back int he 80's. Once I played a thief here I fell in love with the class once again.

Elementalist is my secondary, and I also really loved my Norn ranger here.

I will certainly have a necro too, and likely a guardian or warrior.

But for sure, thief is my #1

• HybridvampyrHybridvampyr Member Posts: 61
    I will be playing a Necro at launch, I really enjoy the combat and they also look really good.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    What i fail to seeis that the normally very popular classes like Ranger and Thief in this game finally got their selfheals, so how the heck did they loose their popularitty?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    What i fail to seeis that the normally very popular classes like Ranger and Thief in this game finally got their selfheals, so how the heck did they loose their popularitty?

I'm not sure because I really enjoyed both.

But then, I care far more about the concept and fluff and less abotu mechanics and numbers. So that might be it. It felt great playing a thief. I felt very much in character and really enjoyed the animations and attitude. I had no issues at all in my limited pve and pvp experience.

Same with my ranger, really enjoyed him too.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kafka1984kafka1984 Member Posts: 83
    Ranger.
    With a combination of long range, mid range, and melee it is just heaps of fun.
    Pet mechanics will continue to be improved over time so that is also a plus.

Roll the Dice

• Kyus_HoBKyus_HoB Member Posts: 185

WOW

super surprised by the mesmer, I found its weapon skills to be ok (staff is awesome the rest were a bit lackluser) and the utility skills to be the worst of all classes.

I've gone thief whcih I will start as a main, for me it definately has a good variety of utility skills that synogise well with its talent tree. I also found that it had excellent surivability there wasn't much call for being downed as a thief in any environment. 

I also have some love for the engineer, definately the defensive midfielder (if you know your football) of the classes, resolute and resourceful I'd always want one in my squad in pve or pvp.

• ExzearExzear Member UncommonPosts: 65
    thats the problem i have with GW2 i didnt like any class.. the game was ok but for me when playing an mmorpg i need to like the race and class i play or i cant stand it, and since i dont like a class i dont know what i will think of gw2 in 2 weeks.. 

Youtube.com/TheNorseGamer

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,360
    I've tried all the classes by now, and they're all awesome. Picking a fav is almost impossible. So much awesome in just one title....
  • SimplefoxSimplefox Member Posts: 11

My favorites were Elementalist and Guardian.  Although I probably had a much better feel for playing the Elementalist, so I'll start off with that.

Now if I can just decide whether to go Human or Asura....

"Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo." - H. G. Wells