Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Retro 2D Pixel-type MMORPG?

couponforkcouponfork Member UncommonPosts: 114

Hi, I'm looking for an MMO that gives an oldschool feel like playing Zelda or Legend of Mana? I prefer games with a paperdoll system (items show up on character avatar and with some decent customization.

Games I've seen and don't care to play:

NEStalgia

Seyken

8BitMMO

World of the Mad God

Comments

• nostalsoftnostalsoft Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by couponfork

Hi, I'm looking for an MMO that gives an oldschool feel like playing Zelda or Legend of Mana? I prefer games with a paperdoll system (items show up on character avatar and with some decent customization.

Games I've seen and don't care to play:

NEStalgia

Seyken

8BitMMO

World of the Mad God

If you're into old Final Fantasies, there's a game called The Return of Magic Online. I've opened a thread here about it http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5194793/thread/359924#5194793

Anyway, here's the official website http://thereturnofmagic.com

• ZombaisZombais Member UncommonPosts: 14

Here are a couple (they are older though...)

The 4th Coming

http://www.the4thcoming.com/

Each server has different rule set and they costumize each with new content and items. It is a mmo copy of Diablo sorta.

Black Moon Chronicals: Winds of War

http://www.blackmoon-online.com/en/index.php

Its had a rough development history (on its 3rd company now) but is it kind of fun. Lots of work going on but its kind of a open beta. Based on a French combic book, and the art style is sort of combic book.

• QuicklyScottQuicklyScott Member Posts: 433
    Runescape?

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• OrenshiiOrenshii Member Posts: 61

OP,

If your open to graphics, as it appears you are :) I would try a game called NexusTK.

Its  a longstanding mmorpg thats been around for like 15 years. The graphics are better than

the games you listed.  Here let me name off its traits.

- Free to Play til lvl 50

- 99 levels But after you get to the max level, You sell your experience for stats. 

- After lvl 99 all caves are based on vita and mana stats to enter the caves. 

- There is No cap to Your vita and mana and caves get pretty big

- There is a very active roleplaying community

- Political positions can be earned, as well as leaders of great Guilds. Instead of

one guys running your guild, in this game a bad guild leader can be forced out

And replaced. This is done by a peoples vote.

- The Game is ThemePark  AND Sandbox all in 1, the people do help change the

lands. You can build rooms onto your guild halls which cost guild currency, but

the GMs will take your maps and add them to your halls.

- Site has Map editor for the above mentioned.

- the game starts with 4 paths, Warrior,Rogue,Mage,Poet.  Each Path has 4 options;

Warrior: Do,Chongun,Chunryong, Barbarians

Rogues: Baekho,Spy,Merchant,Ranger

Mages: Shaman,Geomancer, Diviner, Jujak

Poets: Hyunmoo,Monk,Muse,Druid

- There is no auction house, but the game has a massive built in board system which

people use to buy and sell etc.

- There is tons of reading material in the game, from roleplay to actual game history.

- Based on Ancient korea mythology.

- PVE game but has some of the best PVP fun ive had in any game.

Carnages: team vs team pvp, ive seenthese get upto 100 ppl

Bloodlust: Same as Carnages but less stat restrictions.

FoxHunts: 2 teams take the feild all on horses for speed. Each team has a fox and the objective

Is to capture the other teams fox. Sound silly but really fun

Elixers: Tactical archery capture the flag event. hard to explain but super fun!

This game ranks in my top 3 favorite mmo ever existsed.  1.FF11 (pre abyssea) 2. NexusTk, 3.Lineage1

Have any question about this game feel free to PM me :)

Oren

Destiny has cheated me
    By forcing me to decide upon
    The woman that I idolise
    Or the hands of an automaton

Without these hands I can't complete
    The opera that was captivating her
    But if I keep them, and she marries him
    Then he probably won't want me dating her