Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long do you think you'll be playing GW2?

Comments

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
    I voted forever because I don't know when I'll uninstall it. Being that there is no sub fee I have no reason to divorce the game.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Again OP awesome poll. 
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    I tend to stick with games for years unless there's a subscription, then it's more like months. If it's good fun and not P2W it could be for years. We'll see what the expansionss bring.

imageimage
  • DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    i will play it as long as WvW is still fun, if they add to it and keep it fresh then i see it being along time. if they break it and ruin it some how because of care bears crying ( like most games ) then i will be gone.
  • babacbabac Member UncommonPosts: 179
    till the free month is up.
  • tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    Originally posted by colddog04
    Originally posted by tank017

several years lol....

thats laughable.

Not really. A lot of people have been playing GW1 for several years and that game doesn't have the variety of content and had a much smaller team of developers working on it. I don't see why it's "laughable" to suggest that people might actually play this game for years as well.

For myself, I'll probably end up playing this as my only MMORPG for a good while. Planetside 2 and The Repopulation also look interesting, but besides those games, GW2 seems to be the best option at this point to me. We'll see, but I could definitely see myself playing this for years to come. Just like I played WoW and EVE for years.

GW2 is not GW1

if you happen to stick around for years to come,great..

Im betting most will wander off at the end of a month or two.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

GW2 is not GW1

No, its appeal is significantly further reaching.

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by babac
    till the free month is up.

+1 pretty good

• ennymithennymith Member UncommonPosts: 121

Didn't vote, there is no depends option. 

I plan on playing for years or until such time as Anet backs down on thier promise not to sell power in the cash shop,

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

several years lol....

thats laughable.

I´ve played Guild Wars for over 6 years.... why would it be different?

Not having to pay to play just allows you to get in whenever you feel like...any time..any month...any year...

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by Demogorgon
    (mod edit)

Lol what happened to you?

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    (mod edit)

It's, "why ARE there so many idiots on this planet?"

• QuicklyScottQuicklyScott Member Posts: 433
    (mod edit)

Just smile and laugh... otherwise you'll drown in despondency.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Let's see I'd say about a year or two if they didn't have any expansions and add ons.

I mean I'm saying that because I fell in love with WVW and PVP, I originally wanted to play for PVE but ended up liking WVW and PVP as well so I plan to excel in all.

Then there is a lot of good console games coming out so I won't be able to get top gears and etc in GW 2 in a year. Plus hey my other activities, but it'll be my main PC game that's for sure.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• KrossliteKrosslite Member Posts: 317
    it will take me a year just to get 1 of my 5 toons to 80. Plus i might add more character slots as well

A MMO is like life. It is something to cherish and enjoy upon in it journey. So why race to the end of it. In life at the end you die.

• drakaenadrakaena Member UncommonPosts: 506
    Probably along time since there's no sub. It will always be there if I ever want to jump in for some quick fun. And it is fun. But also super casual. Kind of a filler until something more substantial in the genre comes out. But then again that might be awhile with the way MMO's have been trending.
  • dellirious13dellirious13 Member Posts: 205
    (mod edit)

I don't see why he is reading the Guild Wars 2 forum section since he 1) seems to get annoyed by the people that seem to like the game and 2) seems to not even like the game at all in the first place.

Psychologically he is demoralizing himself by surrounding himself with things that are tearing him down. It's like if a cat who hates water would constantly hop out on stones to the middle of a river....

EDIT: I will be playing for years. Why? I liked WoW beta, played for over 10k hours. I liked GW1 beta, played for over 4k hours. I have loved GW2 beta, so if the game continues with the aesthetic ideals it has now, ill be playing it longer than WoW (if WoW would have stuck with vanilla's aesthetic, I would still be playing it, too.)

• rpgalonrpgalon Member Posts: 430

do people realy know that a year is like 365 days?

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    Is all about how fast we will get content updates, and since is a B2P game it wont be fast so lot of people will get bored after a month or so
  • IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by rpgalon

Yep.  And when you reach about 18 thousand of those, they start to nag you about colonoscopies.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991
    (mod edit)

Thank you for this.

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by hikaru77
    Is all about how fast we will get content updates, and since is a B2P game it wont be fast so lot of people will get bored after a month or so

Actually, you have no idea how fast they will be.  So don't pretend.

• KrossliteKrosslite Member Posts: 317

Yes. That is why I play MMOs. They are designed to be played for many of them. Not a fraction of one

A MMO is like life. It is something to cherish and enjoy upon in it journey. So why race to the end of it. In life at the end you die.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by hikaru77

it's dev talk but arenanet hasn't given me any reason to doubt them

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/04/28/guild-wars-2-designer-talks-post-launch-content-and-getting-the-community-to-play-together/

also another interview they talk a little about post launch content

http://venturebeat.com/2012/05/21/guild-wars-2-interview-monetization/#s:guildwars2-16

one question in particular

GB: Subscription MMOs like World of Warcraft and Star Wars: The Old Republic offer free content updates besides paid-for expansion packs. What are your plans for expanding and improving Guild Wars 2 long-term? Can customers expect any content additions for free, or will they only come in the form of expansion packs?

O’Brien: We’ll have both. Players can expect the same level of ongoing support from Guild Wars 2 as they would expect from any top-tier MMO.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• dellirious13dellirious13 Member Posts: 205

nope, its 525600 minutes.

:P

But in all seriousness, for the majority of gamers that is over around 600 hours of play time (at most.) That time flies by if you enjoy the distractions in a game (admiring art and aesthetics, collecting, exploring, PVPing, chatting with friends, organizing with your guildmates, doing a DE a second time because it was fun the first time and you just happened to run into it again, etc etc). This is not to mention time that gamers like I waste (i play 50+ hours a week) on things like: crafting, achievements, following and analyzing in game market (i have ADHD and am very gifted with numbers, have been counting cards since i was 8 etc...so its not my fault! i swear! lol :P ), trying to not let my characters die (or go to downed state) at all, trolling trolls in game, etc etc.

EDIT for Icewhite: I just hit my 10,000th day on July 24th! XD Just 8,000 onto pooper check :(