Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please help me help my wife!

evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118

My wife wants to find a PC (or browser based) game to try that may interest her.  The problem is that she can be a "little" picky.  :)

Here are her requirements:

F2P game but not Pay2Win (please don't argue over what's what, just suggest the game and I'll weed through them)

Must be 3D but graphics style or quality doesn't matter so much.

Easy to grasp combat (or no combat) - she doesn't care about pwning noobs with her mad skillz and can get easily frustrated if the controls aren't intuitive

She tends to be interested in fantasy or medieval settings, but sci-fi or historical is cool too.

She wants a game where she's not forced to interact with others.  If that means no meaningful interaction, so be it, but she doesn't mind interacting if it's her choice.

No Facebook type games - she's done with those.

She's willing to do either sandbox or thempark, or a mix. 

She loves Dragon Age: Origins and Skyrim.  She likes the combat stylings of both but prefers the gameplay style of DAO - so some rails can be good for her.

Any help you can give would be appreciated, thanks!

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

Comments

• clumsytoes44clumsytoes44 Member UncommonPosts: 463
    Hmm could try Lotro or Forsaken World. I feel Lotro is more of a P2W though. FW has some very interesting classes imho.
  • LIOKILIOKI Member UncommonPosts: 421

Aion?

My wife plays it and loves it. I can't stand the combat in it myself but worth a look.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

Well, best option is GW2.. but it's not ftp. You must have considered that anyway because it's in your sig. A gift perhaps?

Aion has the best FTP model out there IMO. Just depends if she likes that sort of fantasy style.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

Aion is close, but there are times where it does play better if you socialize.  It can be quite grindy, especially in the 20 to 30 levels.

If she doesn't pound through content like mad, she should have TERA and TSW going F2P by the end of the year.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586
    Originally posted by evolver1972

No Facebook type games - she's done with those. 

Did she make a funny wave of her hand when stating this part?

Eden Eternal for f2p, did she want to play gw2 with you?

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118

Thanks for the responses so far.

Yes, she will play GW2, but that's "my" game.  She wants one all to her own.  :)  Besides, we figured out her laptop can't play it - lame graphics card I guess.  :(  Can play LoTRO on it but not GW2.

She played LoTRO with me for a bit but it was "meh" for her.

We'll probably check out Tera if/when it goes f2p.  I think TSW looks pretty cool but I'm not sure if she's all that interested.

Aion, Forsaken World, and Eden Eternal seem the most promising, so far.  Thanks!

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• ShaddyDaddyShaddyDaddy Member UncommonPosts: 192
    Originally posted by eyelolled

Aion is close, but there are times where it does play better if you socialize.  It can be quite grindy, especially in the 20 to 30 levels.

If she doesn't pound through content like mad, she should have TERA and TSW going F2P by the end of the year.

When did Funcom announce free to play for TSW?

• fayknaymfayknaym Member Posts: 125
    You could check out runescape if you're interested in a browser based game