Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RaiderZ: Closed Beta Begins, New Trailer Released

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Perfect World Entertainment has officially kicked off the RaiderZ closed beta test. To celebrate, they have released a brand new trailer. According to the team, players need to "hunt together or die alone". Check it out!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586

This game's combat is very entertaining, enough so that I almost didn't update my gw2 client for today's stress test.  That's meangingful considering how strung out I am for getting into Tyria.

Get yourself into the closed beta if you haven't already.  It's fun.

http://www.mmorpg.com/giveaways.cfm/offer/364/RaiderZ-Closed-Beta-Gift-Keys.html

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Accept the dodging in this game is weird. You almost always get hit anyways it seems like.

Smile

• fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428
    Originally posted by Razeekster
    Accept the dodging in this game is weird. You almost always get hit anyways it seems like.

Really? Im noticing that dodging is really easy, if you just dodge after every 2 or 3 basic attacks you never get hit because the AI is so slow at updating its targeting, it whifs 99% of the time

• LIOKILIOKI Member UncommonPosts: 421
    I enjoy the combat in the game a lot more then the traditional whack-a-mole style, however I also find it weird at the same time that kiting a mob in a circle is the new way to whack-a-mole.
  • nuttobnuttob Member Posts: 291
    Having fun in the beta.  Anyone know when the official release date is?
  • Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Extremely fun, didn't think i'd like it but I was wrong...

Its a bit like TERA but I get this "Kingdoms of Amalur" feeling playing it for some reason, which I loved that game so :-D

• darkszgzdarkszgz Member UncommonPosts: 21

I have played non stop for 4 hours.,... amazing game... very fun!!

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    The dodging in the game is not as fluid as Tera or GW2. Only one race. Other than that the 4 hours I have spent have been fun.
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • dammyboydammyboy Member UncommonPosts: 8
    been a while since i was pleasantly surprised trying out a f2p title, this one is rly fun! what i d like to know is, how long will the closed beta last? hopefully not just a couple of days like other titles... If any1 knows, pls share the info.
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Combat feels a lot better than tera, movement and dodging as well.. for a f2p game its not bad. I didnt get that far into it as I somehow messed up the quests and cant move on now LOL..

Will have another go tonight.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by fascism
    Originally posted by Razeekster

Really? Im noticing that dodging is really easy, if you just dodge after every 2 or 3 basic attacks you never get hit because the AI is so slow at updating its targeting, it whifs 99% of the time

For the normal mobs yes but some of the really big boss type mobs have massive AOE attacks that you need to move quite far away for them to miss you.. just hitting a few times and trying to dodge wont work..

• codifiercodifier Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Originally posted by StoneRoses
    The dodging in the game is not as fluid as Tera or GW2. Only one race. Other than that the 4 hours I have spent have been fun.

Doding is not as fluid as tera? You're wrong, have you even played TERA? I did, for 23 levels and I can say it's not better, RaiderZ got "Instant dodge mechanism" while TERA has "Dodge system with delay".

• RolleZRolleZ Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Major screen tearing. Anyone know how to enable vsync?
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by codifier
    Originally posted by StoneRoses

Doding is not as fluid as tera? You're wrong, have you even played TERA? I did, for 23 levels and I can say it's not better, RaiderZ got "Instant dodge mechanism" while TERA has "Dodge system with delay".

Um... Not sure what you're talking about. I've played both and the dodging in TERA is definitely better than in RaiderZ.

Smile

• jym_nilsjym_nils Member UncommonPosts: 11
    i soloed the big DOG boss, in my level 10 Magician , win after 30  minutes and with 200 Hp left, dogging in tera better?? for sure you dont know how to dodge with skill