Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stress Test is up! (8.09.12)

Comments

• SabasSabas Member UncommonPosts: 217

Oh biscuits,

Though when the game launches it actually runs like butter.

• CorthagathCorthagath Member Posts: 291
    this stress test is getting really stressful, after 45 mins, i cant still log in :/
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by azmundai

they are going for the gold medal for login issues, currently D3 is still in the lead.

think we're actually stresstesting the logon servers... I've already ticked that 'Remember password' option (never do that normally...)

[EDIT]

...and that 'Remember password' option is not working *sigh, why did I pick a difficult to type password?*

• RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531

You guys started to try to enter 30 minutes before the test.

Some succeeded too like always because they have the servers on before the start already but got dropped immediately or after a few seconds.

According to the support side it starts at 9:30pm GMT+1

If you can't login now then its probably because everyone tries at the same time over and over. :p

So good luck to everyone and I hope you all manage to enter for a while cause this test lasts only 3,5 hours this time. :)

• -Inferno--Inferno- Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 325
    Originally posted by VirgoThree
    Originally posted by -Inferno-
    I wonder how the client knows that it encountered an error, when the error is unknown? *scratches head*

Exception handling my friend. It's almost next to impossible to catch every possible error that can happen in very exceptional situations in code. So there are conventions in programming languages that allow you to catch those really exceptional cases and at least gracefully handle the situation. In this case, the graceful way of handling it is to give an unknown error message, the alternative is to have the code derail and probably crash.

Ah ok. Thanks for the info :)

"Fire is never a gentle master..."

• XcronosxXcronosx Member UncommonPosts: 16

i failed the test!! i am stressed now

but i was in for 2 min ahh enough for me atleast for next 10 min

• coffeyhousecoffeyhouse Member Posts: 78
    This is stressing me out too much!! Guess I'll go get my daughter down for a nap.
  • Jason1989Jason1989 Member Posts: 28
    I've been downloading the client since about 8:30 this morning. Still only at 38%. I bought the game just to be in this stress test, and looks like I won't get to....
  • WeretigarWeretigar Member UncommonPosts: 600
    to the OP you sir are a liar.
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    Originally posted by Jason1989
    I've been downloading the client since about 8:30 this morning. Still only at 38%. I bought the game just to be in this stress test, and looks like I won't get to....

the way the stress test is going, you won't need to worry about it. lol

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666
    Originally posted by Honner
    Originally posted by Blitz555

"How about a new screenshot while you wait for the servers to restart? Enjoy! ~RB2"

where is that?

Inside of one of the Dungeon.

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• gelraengelraen Member UncommonPosts: 316
    Baaah!  I got in and downed a few centaurs... then back out again.  Performance is definitely better, for my rig at least.
  • livespartanlivespartan Member Posts: 71
    Its Caudecus's Manor its the dungeon thats in beetletun
  • stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720
    Originally posted by gelraen
    Baaah!  I got in and downed a few centaurs... then back out again.  Performance is definitely better, for my rig at least.

Agreed. I was amazed for the few minutes I was in. Was getting 60fps where last stress test I was getting 30fps

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• -Inferno--Inferno- Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 325

I'm getting frequent disconnects from the server. Last stress test I didn't have these issues. Whatever they did to their servers made them really unstable.

"Fire is never a gentle master..."

• gelraengelraen Member UncommonPosts: 316

I'm getting frequent disconnects from the server. Last stress test I didn't have these issues. Whatever they did to their servers made them really unstable.

Everyone is getting the same as you.

• frestonfreston Member UncommonPosts: 503

You dont know wht they are measuring. This could be a worst case scenario , for all we know.

• stragen001stragen001 Member UncommonPosts: 1,720

They are stressing them. They have no doubt reduced the amount of resources available to simulate even more people logging in than actually are.

The stress test is for Anets benefit to find what the breaking point of the servers is and if they are upto the load they will be put under on launch day.....

Cluck Cluck, Gibber Gibber, My Old Mans A Mushroom

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Fracking shit waiting all day just to peek around a corner before getting kicked out :D

Dont mind waiting tough as long as they extend the stress test with actual gameplay xD

• iFormidableiFormidable Member Posts: 3
    The stress test made my day though, i logged in and immediately got stuck under the steps of an Asura Gate. I laughed so hard.
  • MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Hope they sort the stress out or kick in some new hamsters soon :P

Also my wife is having a very mean grin on her face atm :(

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666

sometime i think that people do not know what Stress Test mean,

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• ECGangelECGangel Member UncommonPosts: 39
    i havent been teased this bad since my bachelors party
  • MwahahaMwahaha Member UncommonPosts: 126
    This game is amazing so far.  I can't believe I'm paying zero dollars a month for it!  

Played:  EQ, EQ2, Vanguard, WAR, WoW, LoTRO, CoX, CO, GW2, FFXIV: ARR, AoC, Rift, TSW, SWTOR, TERA, BnS, ESO

• LostarLostar Member UncommonPosts: 891

...I have been home all day and I JUST found out there was a stress test.