Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not paying attention to Planetside 2?

UOvetUOvet Member Posts: 514

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKnmZTlxgso 2 hour stream which isn't best quality but gives you an idea (Aug 8th)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbtFUXVhu98 34 min stream, not as bad quality, still not great (Aug 7th)

Apparently on Twitter, Smedley has mentioned something regarding a 4th faction PvE type deal. Not quite sure yet what that means. . .

Comments

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708
    Originally posted by UOvet

Apparently on Twitter, Smedley has mentioned something regarding a 4th faction PvE type deal. Not quite sure yet what that means. . .

He also mentioned on twitter that the game is under an NDA the prevents the testers from posting footage, saying they are in beta, or discussing the beta.

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• AngztAngzt Member Posts: 230

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKnmZTlxgso 2 hour stream which isn't best quality but gives you an idea (Aug 8th)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbtFUXVhu98 34 min stream, not as bad quality, still not great (Aug 7th)

https://twitter.com/mad4planetside2/status/233550654952583169

fixed it for you :)

"believe me, mike.. i calculated the odds of this working against the odds that i was doing something incredibly stupid… and i did it anyway!"

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by vmoped

He also mentioned on twitter that the game is under an NDA the prevents the testers from posting footage, saying they are in beta, or discussing the beta.

Cheers!

^^This^^ image

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    yeah and it sucks we cant mention a word ......
  • IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    It just looks like your standard fps game, if i wanted that i'd be playing fps games and not MMOrpg's
  • thekid1thekid1 Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Originally posted by Istavaan
    It just looks like your standard fps game, if i wanted that i'd be playing fps games and not MMOrpg's

I didn't know there were normal FPS with over 150 players and the freedom and options of Planetside, please enlighten me.

Planetside 2 is rumoured to have 2000 (!!!) players on one map even.

• dead2soondead2soon Member Posts: 149

This one looks really good.

looks like someone doesnt know planetside (1) eh? :)

this is the big bad mean brother of FPS games, believe me.

"believe me, mike.. i calculated the odds of this working against the odds that i was doing something incredibly stupid… and i did it anyway!"

• IstavaanIstavaan Member Posts: 1,350
    Originally posted by thekid1

I didn't know there were normal FPS with over 150 players and the freedom and options of Planetside, please enlighten me.

It's still an fps though not an rpg. I play mmorpg's these days because of early rpg games. It's a mmofps.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    Originally posted by angzt

ummm some of us in beta dont agree

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by thekid1

Well even a big FPS game is still... a FPS game.

If you play MMORPG's for progression, socialization, crafting, or even dungeon raiding you'll find none of that in P2, which is the reason I largely ignore the title. 

Just not my style of game.

But whatever floats your boat image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

good thing he did post it. I had lost all intrest when I heard it was f2p.

Looks pretty wild. As a free to play option too, hmmm. F2p in fthis sense for this game. might be pretty darn cool :) 

Look out CoD.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • dead2soondead2soon Member Posts: 149
    My boat is floated. Let me in already dammit!
    Originally posted by cronius77
    Originally posted by angzt

ummm some of us in beta dont agree

yea, because some people wont understand the meaning of a beta.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Wow had to post again. That looked awesome.

I had been saying that I would purchase gw2 6 months down the line to take the place of my change of pace game, SC2. But holly shit I think I'll end up putting this along side TSW.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • UOvetUOvet Member Posts: 514
    Originally posted by vmoped

Cheers!

Oh my.

Good thing Higby streamed it himself.

3 Factions - 6000 per server - 2000 per continent - 3 continents.

F2P - Cosmetic/convenience only. Count me in!

This is the only game I have any interest in multiplayer wise for the future. I think it's going to be hard to top, but I guess we'll see. I just hope the beta testers are actually testing, seeing as it isn't just a marketing gimmick and more along the lines of how Guild Wars 2 went about their business.

This looks to be the game a lot of Battlefield 2 fans have been waiting for. Let's hope SOE doesn't screw it up.

• wungunwungun Member Posts: 67

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

I'm not interested in MMOFPS either.  I'm not into MOST forms of PvP.  I did really like the Painkiller FPS series at one time in my life and Tribes, but....generally the genre is just not for me whether it's sp FPS or MMOFPS.  Kinda blech to me.  Enjoy.....to all the people looking forward to this game though.  I think that everyone should be able to find an MMO that they enjoy, so having all different kinds of them.....is great.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• TechinsteinTechinstein Member Posts: 10

PvE, means: Player vs Everyone. Hope I helped.

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    Ill honestly admit im waiting for it. it looks good and fun, ill be spending more time on TSW but PS2 looks interesting enough to give a shot.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• BoldynBoldyn Member Posts: 265

Different NDA than what is usually used?

Since people who type "Us in beta" is usually allready breaking the NDA when they say that :)

• Rider071Rider071 Member Posts: 318

It looks extremely entertaining, but like DayZ, I'm one of those folks who like watching others play it either at a lan party or through a stream. Personally find it much more enjoyable watching those who play those games than I do actually playing them. Kinda like Resident Evil, back in the day, kick back with a 12-pack and laugh at my friends scream at the tv.

The trailer was awesome, RipperX's vids were too, I'm sure the game is gonna kill when it releases.