Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: Shifting to Full-Blown Realm Reborn Mode

2»

Comments

• ZizouXZizouX Member Posts: 670

Yoshi-P, in his recent interviews has said that the UI should be as responsive as WoW's (having told his developers to study WoW's UI) and the gameplay will be "much faster" than the current version.

When asked what were the biggest problems in 1.0, he said the UI, lack of content, and the server structure.  Accordingly, the most emphasis was placed on the UI, content and new servers/engine for 2.0.

I'm super excited!

• SteamRangerSteamRanger Member UncommonPosts: 920
    While they're at it, they need to rework their crazy account management system.

"Soloists and those who prefer small groups should never have to feel like they''re the ones getting the proverbial table scraps, as it were." - Scott Hartsman, Senior Producer, Everquest II
    "People love groups. Its a fallacy that people want to play solo all the time." - Scott Hartsman, Executive Producer, Rift

• BoltonsquadBoltonsquad Member UncommonPosts: 403
    Just purchased this game today for £4.99 brand new, hopefully it will arrive 2moro :D
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    Originally posted by ZizouX

Yoshi-P, in his recent interviews has said that the UI should be as responsive as WoW's (having told his developers to study WoW's UI) and the gameplay will be "much faster" than the current version.

thats the best news ive heard -even better than their trailer!-this got me excited for the game again for the first time!-i enjoyed their quests!

i hope the new UI will speak for itself!!!!although ive heard a few things about the PC version beign released around Oct november after PS3 version- i checked amazon and they state the game for 2013 release.

Above is the new UI... didn't have time to resize.

• nomssnomss Member UncommonPosts: 1,468
    how much focus is on the Voice overs?

Min scenario / main story quests will have voice overs.

Sidequests/quest hubs will not.  Yoshi has said they want ot produce content every 3-4 months and having everything voiced isn't worth the time or cost.

Hint hint, we're not going to do what SWTOR did.

• ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586
    I will definitely check out 2.0 when it becomes available, and this seems sooner than I had anticipated!  Hope Realm Reborn plays as good as it looks.
  • spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367
    Originally posted by nordya
    It's all ncie and dandy to show a CGI trailer, it does look exciting, but it's not the game, it's not gameplay. WoW also had some nice CGI trailers.

And a shitload of subscribers since its launch. Lol I know what you are trying to say, but WoW really isn't a good example lol.

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357
    Originally posted by prpshrt
    Originally posted by Jimmydean
    Originally posted by Terranah
    Cinematics are useless.  Show us specifics.   I thought the game had charm in the appearance dept. but it was HORRIBLE to play.  I am a believer in second chances though and if the game was improved I'd give it another look.  But cinematics will not convince me, I want video of specifically what has changed.

It had meaning to the people who actually play the game. I'm sorry that they made a trailer for their devoted fans, and not the MMORPG hoppers. 

The gameplay videos are coming.

You do realize most of their money would come from these "MMO hoppers" and it would be in their best interest to make something for them as well so they're more likely to get people to purchase the game so they can you know... continue to operate?

Are you not aware of the fact that the franchise has tens of millions of fans worldwide, on all platforms? If there ever was an IP that didn't need any of these "MMO hoppers" to be successful, it is this one.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661
    I'll try it again at 2.0, looks pretty cool but I'd like to see gameplay on the new engine first :)

Gameplay will be shown at Gamescon in Germany on August 16, 2012 via an on stage presentation.

So those of you (and myself) waiting for gameplay, we only have one week from today's date to get it.

• clamoclamo Member Posts: 16
    hmm, seams that they are going back to the FF 11 story but changed around "crystles again"?. the problem is that if the HOLE game is compleatly different,  so what about the players that have already bought the orignal? can they download the new copy for free? I mean SE did screw a lot of fans over.