Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aerowyn's Video Compilation of ALL things Guild Wars 2(Pre-Launch)

Comments

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

Nice post!

Cool & very usefull videos on crafting !

TY!

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by evolver1972

Fantastic post Aerowyn!  I'll be bookmarking it and pasting it to every reply I do to every misinformed poster on this site.  Not that it will do any good, but I happen to enjoy banging my head against a wall!  lol

Thanks for all that hard work!

np:) and I know how you feel

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118
    Originally posted by Mephster
    It amazes me that people still believe there is an endgame when it has been clearly started endgame starts at level 1. I guess they see what they want to...

And it amazes me that you continue to post about a game you obviously can't stand for some reason.

And....as has been stated many times in many threads and sure to be here in the videos.....there is endgame.  Some of it starts at level 1, some starts later.  What there isn't is a forced gearpower grind so you can continue to play the game with some level of challenge once you hit level cap.

I guess some people only see what they want to.....

BTW, here's a link to a great thread that may show you what I'm talking about:

Game? Endgame? What Sets Guild Wars 2 apart from the rest?, A Video Compilation - General Discussion - Guild Wars 2 Forums at MMORPG.com

Pay special attention to the videos labelled Guild Wars 2:  Endgame

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• MadKingMadKing Member UncommonPosts: 173
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    It amazes me that people still believe there is an endgame when it has been clearly started endgame starts at level 1. I guess they see what they want to...

that's the whole point but guess you just see what you want to see.. anyway didn't want this to end up another bitching match like every other thread I just wanted to share some videos.

Don't waste your breath it's best to just ignore the usual suspects, it's kinda sad given they claim to not care about GW2 but seem to comment on it a lot. I've seen more GW2 threads started by people who claim they wont be playing than others who will, go figure.

And it amazes me that you continue to post about a game you obviously can't stand for some reason.

And....as has been stated many times in many threads and sure to be here in the videos.....there is endgame.  Some of it starts at level 1, some starts later.  What there isn't is a forced gearpower grind so you can continue to play the game with some level of challenge once you hit level cap.

id edit that so it goes to page 1 :P

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Game? Endgame? What Sets Guild Wars 2 apart from the rest?, A Video Compilation - General Discussion - Guild Wars 2 Forums at MMORPG.com

id edit that so it goes to page 1 :P

Oops.  Done.  :)

• VanadromArdaVanadromArda Member Posts: 445
    Bookmarked.
  • IamAproposIamApropos Member Posts: 173

@Aerowyn ; Thank you for putting in so much time and effort to provide a central location for us to link to.   I appreciate as well as know a lot of others do the work it took.  To bad some jaded gamers have to come in here and try to start trouble.

IamApropos
    See where adventure will lead you!
    My PC Specs:
    i5-3570k oc'ed @4.2GHz
    8GB 1600 RAM
    GTX670 oc'ed @ 1.25Ghz
    Samsung 830 SSD.

Originally posted by Apropo

@Aerowyn ; Thank you for putting in so much time and effort to provide a central location for us to link to.   I appreciate as well as know a lot of others do the work it took.  To bad some jaded gamers have to come in here and try to start trouble.

thanks for the nice words.. i'm used to the bashing been around here for awhile:)

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666

Structured pvp Warrior /Guardian

not sure if it in the list. but someelse posted it on 1 of ur post before, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnCV1mdVy_M&feature=player_embedded

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

• aionixaionix Member UncommonPosts: 288
    Amazing post.  As others have said, I plan on just linking this when threads asking common questions or debunked theories about GW2 arise
    Originally posted by sk8chalif

Structured pvp Warrior /Guardian

not sure if it in the list. but someelse posted it on 1 of ur post before, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnCV1mdVy_M&feature=player_embedded

nice one added it to OP:)

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

I'd say the premise of this thread is a challenge to anyone who feels that the longevity of this game is questionable. This is something that no one can know for sure, hence the endless back and forth the OP attempted to answer. The question isn't so much what type of game do they have planned, the question is will it foster long term play? These types of questions will always result in an endless back and forth pre-release.

Nice list of videos, but I'd shy away from presenting such a collection as being the answer to the question above. Content is finite.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• TekaelonTekaelon Member UncommonPosts: 604

Oh man, amazing post! Well done. It is definitely a one stop location for GW2 information.

Originally posted by Distopia

I'd say the premise of this thread is a challenge to anyone who feels that the longevity of this game is questionable. This is something that no one can know for sure, hence the endless back and forth the OP attempted to answer. The question isn't so much what type of game do they have planned, the question is will it foster long term play? These types of questions will always result in an endless back and forth pre-release.

Nice list of videos, but I'd shy away from presenting such a collection as being the answer to the question above. Content is finite.

whats that have to do with my thread title the title was facetious the main question is what sets this game apart and I feel these videos show that. The game/endgame thing was just a poke at the constant threads we see on that question.. nowhere did I say ENDGAME PROOF INSIDE!

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365
    Originally posted by Distopia

i think the goal was to present information and let everyone decide how they feel about it themselves rather than argue circles on it.

this thread is innovative.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

So many threads asking the same questions over and over and over. Same back and forth from people going round and around and around. Many sandbox fans hating on the game only because it's a themepark. Many spreading false information of what the game is and what it's not. So I put together a list of videos I feel show off and explain some of the best aspects of this game and what it has to offer. ENJOY

Dynamic Events and PVE

Structured PVP

WvWvW PVP

Personal Story

Combat

Crafting and Dye System

The World

Puzzles, Vistas, Extras

Wow you took a lot of time to make this. That being said, the same questions remain. 

1. Does GW2 have a viable endgame? There was a game released less than 10 months ago that was crucified for not having a viable endgame.

2. Does the GW2 cash shop cross the line between fluff and pay to win?

You don't have to like the questions or me, but 1000's of posts on this forum alone validates that these two things are points on contention amongst gamers about GW2's fundamental design. 

Nice post. I admire the effort.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365
    Originally posted by bcbully

1. Does GW2 have a viable endgame? There was a game released less than 10 months ago that was crucified for not having a viable endgame.

You don't have to like the questions or me, but 1000's of posts on this forum alone validates that these two things are points on contention amongst gamers about GW2's fundamental design. 

1. i think its cool we can ask that question and not know the answer.. its nice to have a game that doesn't play very much like so many before it.  with SWTOR, those who knew everything about the game knew pretty much how the endgame would play out for them.  here all we can do is speculate.  

but ya, there was a game 10 months ago that had very little in common with this one that most of us didn't like.

2. you bring up a good point.  i think he needs to link a few of the videos outlining why the "pay to win" thing is a ridiculous notion.

So many threads asking the same questions over and over and over. Same back and forth from people going round and around and around. Many sandbox fans hating on the game only because it's a themepark. Many spreading false information of what the game is and what it's not. So I put together a list of videos I feel show off and explain some of the best aspects of this game and what it has to offer. ENJOY

Dynamic Events and PVE

Structured PVP

WvWvW PVP

Personal Story

Combat

Crafting and Dye System

The World

Puzzles, Vistas, Extras

Wow you took a lot of time to make this. That being said, the same questions remain. 

To answer those questions:

1.  Game? Endgame? What Sets Guild Wars 2 apart from the rest?, A Video Compilation - General Discussion - Guild Wars 2 Forums at MMORPG.com  Refer to the videos labled Guild Wars 2 endgame.  And, no, I'm not trying to be a jerk.  I think those videos go a long way toward answering that question.

2.  That is a question everyone has to decide for themselves.  Like beauty, Pay2Win is in the eye of the beholder.  I personally think the GW2 CS that I've seen doesn't cross that line.  That doesn't mean that it won't in the future, but as of right now I don't think it does.  If someone thinks it does they have a few choices:  Don't play the game.  Play the game while talking to the Devs about your issues with the CS in order to try to change it.  Play the game anyway and ignore the CS.  Play the game anyway, hate the CS and whine about it on mmorpg.com but don't do anything to change it.

2.  That is a question everyone has to decide for themselves.  Like beauty, Pay2Win is in the eye of the beholder.  I personally think the GW2 CS that I've seen doesn't cross that line.  That doesn't mean that it won't in the future, but as of right now I don't think it does.  If someone thinks it does they have a few choices:  Don't play the game.  Play the game while talking to the Devs about your issues with the CS in order to try to change it.  Play the game anyway and ignore the CS.  Play the game anyway, hate the CS and whine about it on mmorpg.com but don't do anything to change it.

true one person may see any sort of +xp item or anything of the sort pay 2 win. For me only time i consider a cash shop pay to win is if they can buy things(usually gear) that is more powerfull than anything you could obtain ingame for free hence in no way do I feel the cash shop being anything close to pay to win.

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991

WoW lost over a million players this past quarter and it has your traditional "endgame".

The thread on the consumption of content is now up to close to 300 pages on the WoW forums. It makes fascinating reading.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4879017939?page=1

You talk like "end game" gear grinds are some kind of nirvana. They're not.

On average, until WoW introducted LFR, only between 5% and 10% of the playerbase ever killed a raid boss. The number of raiding players peaked in Wrath at somewhere between 15% and 20%, which is when I believe they started implementing the progressive content nerfs.

The percentage that actually completed a tier is much lower, with about 1.5% clearing normal firelands.

And I don't think that that people left "that game released 10 months ago" because of lack of endgame but because there was nothing to do. Ilum was broken. There were a handful of dailies you could grind. There were a few flashpoints you could run, if you could get a group together. And not much else. In short, I believe they quit because there wasn't much to actually do, not exclusively because there wasn't multi-tiered raid content.

So how about we just stop pretending that the kind of "end game" content that you're talking about is the make or break of any MMO.

And finally, let's stop pretending the "1000s of posts" are from unique individuals, as opposed to the same small collection of people claiming that the sky is falling.

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• atuerstaratuerstar Member Posts: 234
    THANK YOU AEROWYN, going to spend the weekend eating your list piece by piece, im sure ive missed much of it and will enjoy the immense effort you have put into compiling it.
    added video at the end of my OP about the cash shop he goes over and shows all the items as they were from the very last beta weekend

Originally posted by atuerstar
    THANK YOU AEROWYN, going to spend the weekend eating your list piece by piece, im sure ive missed much of it and will enjoy the immense effort you have put into compiling it.

np:) also added new video under personal story talks more about the Home Instance which looks pretty cool and is one thing I didn't see much of in the beta weekends as i mostly avoided the story since I wanted to save them for launch.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Dynamic Events and PVE

Structured PVP

WvWvW PVP

Personal Story

Combat

Crafting and Dye System

The World

Puzzles, Vistas, Extras

#1: To be honest endgame is subjective beause believe it or not TSW, Tera, and SWTOR have been getting crucified for their endgame.

#2: Brah you getting really annoying about that whole "I still think there is P2W" [ACT]

If you have some common sense you can easily see it's not P2W, fuck the bullshit, I saw you in the latest P2W threads in GW2, someone would post misinformation and for some damn reason you would automactically believe it, then someone would counter the misinformation about pay to win and I know, yes I know you disregard it or act like you didn't read it but will somehow quote and either believe or take in consideration misinformation or a post that's crying "P2W."

I do be paying attention to details.

On this whole P2W b/s well I do admire the effort.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.