Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aerowyn's Video Compilation of ALL things Guild Wars 2(Pre-Launch)

AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

So many threads asking the same questions over and over and over. Same back and forth from people going round and around and around. Many sandbox fans hating on the game only because it's a themepark. Many spreading false information of what the game is and what it's not. So I put together a list of videos I feel show off and explain some of the best aspects of this game and what it has to offer. ENJOY

First something to kick things off,  ARE YOU READY ..........................  TO HAVE SOME FUN?   

Get Ready

Fear Not This Night (ft. Asja)

Protectors of Tyria

Hot Topics

Guild Wars 2 End Game (7.12.12.) Q&A Part 1

Guild Wars 2 End Game (7.12.12.) Q&A Part 2

Endgame Follow Up

No Endgame?!

Cash Shop Overview

Badass Looking Gear, Not Faceroll Advantage

No Trinity?!

Ep. 10 HD: Holy Trinity

View of the Holy Trinity

GW2 IS Different | EXP Gain | Learn to Adapt

Leveling Up

WTF no raids?

Leveling Too Slow? - Enigmius Talks Guild Wars 2

Melee vs Ranged in PvE; Why the Fuss?

I Might Be Your Bra; It's a Support Thing

F2P, B2P, P2W, WTF?!

Voice Cast Video

Immersion discussion

Where is the Skill?

How to Guild Wars 2 : The Economy and More In-Depth Look

The Difficulty With Difficulty

Dynamic Events and PVE

Dev Intro on Dynamic Events

MMOHut DE Walkthrough

Fan Made DE walkthrough

Low Level Event Secret In The Swamps

Epic Bossfight against Tequatl the Sunless

Boss fight "The Shatterer"

Ascalonian Catacombs Dungeon Gameplay

Totalbiscuit and Explorable Dungeon

Hearts, Dynamic Events & Their Positive Impact on Leveling

Giant on a rampage

Guild Wars 2 Developer Plays The Mesmer

Battle For Wichmyre Swamp

UnderWater Dynamic event

Questing & Dynamic Events

Renown Hearts & Dynamic Events vs Questing

Structured PVP

Dev Intro to sPVP

Control Points Mechanics and Strategy

Taugrim in sPVP

Reviving and Finishing

BWE #3 Guardian PvP Montage feat. Plops

Warrior & Guardian Greatsword Combo

Mesmer vs Warrior, Necromancer vs Warrior

Warrior/Guardian vs Elementalist/Warrior

4-PoV Match Cast: Super Squad [SS] VS Paradigm

Support Guardian SPvP Thoughts

Spending Glory Walkthrough

Is Stunlocking Possible?

PvP Preparations Tutorial - Unlocking weapons

Mystic Forge PVP Gear Crafting

sPVP Guides/Builds

Mesmer 1st Look

Elementalist 1st Look

Guardian 1st Look

Warrior 1st Look

PvP - First look on the Thief

PvP - First look on the Necromancer

Engineer sPvP "Inspector Gadget" build

Engineer BWE3 - Rifle Grenadier Build Guide

WvWvW PVP

Dev Intro for WvWvW

World vs World PvP PC Gamer Preview

Overview of World vs World PvP

The Battle of Dreaming Bay - Team Legacy vs. Reddit

New WvW Dungeon

Personal Story

Dev Intro

Personal Story Guide by BONK!

Home Instance

The Story Delivery Methods of Guild Wars 2

Combat

Dev Intro

All 8 Professions Skills Trailer

Traits and Attributes

Combos Explained 

Combo Fields (Fire & Ice)

Guild Wars 2 Combat by Emmanuel

Underwater Combat

Beginner's Guide to Mobility

Quick Tip: Fast-Cast Ground Targeting

Dodging & Blocking | Learn to Adapt

Crafting and Dye System

Guild Wars 2 Complete Beginner Crafting Guide

Guild Wars 2 Complete Beginner Crafting Guide Part 2

Guild Wars 2 Crafting Guide Part 3

The Dye System

The Mystic Forge

The World

Lore: The World

Lore: The Fall of Ascalon

Lore: The Chosen

Lore: The Characters

The Beauty of Tyria

A Beautiful World

Landscape Trailer

The Art Style

Little Things that make Guild Wars 2 Special

Amazing Structures

Exploring the Shiverpeaks - Snowden Drifts

5x1 Portrait 120 Hz Eyefinity 4-Way Crossfire

Puzzles, Vistas, Events, Mini Games

Totalbiscuit does a Jumping Puzzle

Sharkmaw Caverns & Pirate Cultural Weapons

Guild Wars 2 vistas with music

Playable Underwater Organ Puzzle

Keg Brawl

Guild Wars 2 - End of Beta Event 2

Hunger Games - Final Beta Event 3

Guild Wars 2 : Activities

An amazing hidden Cave Quest in Guild Wars 2 

Impressions and Extras

NPC Conversations

Funny Reasons To Get IT More NPC Conversations

Guild Wars 2 First Impressions by Totalbiscuit

Guild Wars 2: 60 Reasons

All the Emotes!

Character Creation Human, Charr, Norn

Character Creation Sylvari, Asura

Mini Pets!!!

Guild System

5 Tips For New Players

5 More Tips For New Players

5 Additional Tips For New Players

Just For Fun

Lets Beta GW2: Magicians

Official Commando Class Trailer (April Fools)

Box O' Fun Beta 3

Celebrity Character Creation

50 + Charr Mesmers = GOOD TIMES

Lions Arch high diving with [pink]

Ranger pet taking one for the team

All Dance Moves With Music!

Starfleet Dental Presents: "Jumpin" Joe Maguuma and the Krytans

Play Guild Wars! - Kaaboose - Parody of "Hardware Store" by 'Weird Al' Yankovic

Any other great videos let me know I'll add them to the OP. Hope you enjoy the footage

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Comments

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Damn you really took your time time make this post, kuddos.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• cyraethcyraeth Member Posts: 53
    Just Amazing..... nice work... hopefully this would help a lot to those lacking of information and will correct some untrues tabues about the game....

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by cyraeth
    Just Amazing..... nice work... hopefully this would help a lot to those lacking of information and will correct some untrues tabues about the game....

I'm just passing on some good videos I found to people.. although the people who constantly come here to bash the game will do so no matter what is brought before them. Hope you all enjoy the videos:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• ed515ed515 Member Posts: 67
    Nicely done. Thank you.
  • RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

I'm just passing on some good videos I found to people.. although the people who constantly come here to bash the game will do so no matter what is brought before them. Hope you all enjoy the videos:)

usually when someone comes here saying off the wall junk i like to give them a link rather than argue circles with them for 100 pages..

this will do nicely, well done.

• 7-Thunder-237-Thunder-23 Member Posts: 25
    sweet post.. sparked alot of youtube searches that i need to do.
    added two more videos to PVE section

• KrossliteKrosslite Member Posts: 317
    You got more then i posted in my blog I just but up. I said there was more and you proved it here

A MMO is like life. It is something to cherish and enjoy upon in it journey. So why race to the end of it. In life at the end you die.

Originally posted by Ramanadjinn
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

usually when someone comes here saying off the wall junk i like to give them a link rather than argue circles with them for 100 pages..

this will do nicely, well done.

exactly what I was hoping when making this thread :)

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

Its still just a Theme Park,

And everyone is just going to work their way through all the content and then get bored with it.  Then they'll come here and start talking about how bad it is.

Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

And everyone is just going to work their way through all the content and then get bored with it.  Then they'll come here and start talking about how bad it is.

themeparks are great if done right.. just unfortunate it's been awhile since one has really been done right.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    awesome i bet that took a long time! notably because of the terrible text editor on this site. Great Work!
  • CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

You know, I'm happy how thrilled and excited people are to have this game.

But are you ready for the negativity that always follows an MMORPG after a few weeks have gone by?

You know, I'm happy how thrilled and excited people are to have this game.

But are you ready for the negativity that always follows an MMORPG after a few weeks have gone by?

what do I care if I'm in game having fun?

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716

This is missing that absolutely hilarious video of a ranger's pet running up and intercepting a projectile.

it's a great demonstration of the wonderful animations (And giggle-worthy sad cat noise), and the fact that you CAN body block projectiles.

Also, hilarious.  Can't remember where it is. T.T

edit:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_zn404EpSs

Found it.  A fun counter to when somebody says it's simply a tab target system with autohitting projectiles. :D

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

i'll disregard the themepark comment as it is too broad a concept to argue within this topic.  an overgeneralization not worth discussion.

the rest of your comment is simply baseless.

you have no evidence that this has ever occurred nor do you have any evidence that this will ever occurr.

this is the sort of comment that only exists to cause argument, as it is not grounded in reality.  why are you trying to start arguments for arguments sake?  or do you truly believe such a nonsensical thing would happen?

Still happens with sandboxes, people coming and complaining how bad the game is.

People complaining about how bad games is, that's pretty much the point to the site, right?

• MadKingMadKing Member UncommonPosts: 173
    Great thread, I can tell this took a while to put together amazing work, this will help a lot of people who have questions about certain features in GW2. 
  • MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188
    It amazes me that people still believe there is an endgame when it has been clearly started endgame starts at level 1. I guess they see what they want to...

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

Originally posted by Meowhead

This is missing that absolutely hilarious video of a ranger's pet running up and intercepting a projectile.

it's a great demonstration of the wonderful animations (And giggle-worthy sad cat noise), and the fact that you CAN body block projectiles.

Found it.  A fun counter to when somebody says it's simply a tab target system with autohitting projectiles. :D

adding to the OP thanks:)

• cyress8cyress8 Member Posts: 832
    Originally posted by Meowhead

Found it! Aww, beat me to the punch. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_zn404EpSs

BOOYAKA!

Originally posted by Mephster
    It amazes me that people still believe there is an endgame when it has been clearly started endgame starts at level 1. I guess they see what they want to...

You're misreading the statement.  The statement is not 'There's nothing to do at the end of the game', but that the activities you start doing from level 1 are the same things you can be doing at 'end game', as opposed to a model where end game consists of a sudden shift to a different playstyle being the only really rewarding playstyle, with a need to gear up with practically unending tiers of better equipment.

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118

Fantastic post Aerowyn!  I'll be bookmarking it and pasting it to every reply I do to every misinformed poster on this site.  Not that it will do any good, but I happen to enjoy banging my head against a wall!  lol

Thanks for all that hard work!

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• MadKingMadKing Member UncommonPosts: 173

Thanks for sharing, you've contributed so much to this thread....

I don't get why people find fun in doing stuff like this, do we really need you to tell us that after release we will see trolls bashing the game? what are you a prophet of some sort? 

No offence but I couldn't give a rats ass what others think. I bought this game for me not strangers I don't even know in real life.

Originally posted by Mephster

that's the whole point but guess you just see what you want to see.. anyway didn't want this to end up another bitching match like every other thread I just wanted to share some videos.