Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does race matter?

trillgodtrillgod Member Posts: 52
I was thinking of becoming and alfast...but does that make me succeptible to lots of ganks coz they allied with anyone...and does race actually matter in gameplay?

Comments

• gravesworngravesworn Member Posts: 324
    Yes. It does matter. The hit boxes are arranged differently. Best are human or alfar.
  • GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802

Yes it matters...

Orks and Mahirim have larger hit boxes and longer swings etc

Other races have smaller hitboxes with shorter swings.

People think that human females and mirdain females have an optimal reach to hitbox ratio however you can become one of the best players using any race aslong as it fits into your play style.

Each race also gains a small bonus to different skills/stats :)

• trillgodtrillgod Member Posts: 52
    since alfars are no allies..how do they survive in pvp if theyre constatly ganked
  • ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586
    Same as other races, find a clan to join and protect each other.  Do not assume race allies are actually friendly, last time I played all it took was 1 alt account for an entire clan to farm for alignment whenever they wanted to make a trip into NPC city.
  • indiramournindiramourn Member UncommonPosts: 884
    Just to clarify.  Dear OP, which race you choose doesn't matter in DF.  Anyone can kill anyone.  But as a poster said above, the arrangement of hitboxes on certain races make some slightly harder to hit than others.