Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So how do you kill time before launch?

MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,267

Most of us probably refreshes https://www.guildwars2.com/en/ several times during a day, just to watch how many hours lefts a day before we can rage in Guild Wars 2 -  Iknow I do.

I wanted to create a thread, for pure curiousity, about how people kill time before the GW2 release.

I try to complete all the games that I should have completed but without any luck. Any game bores me to death.

I try to kill time by completing Sniper Elite V2, Beat Hazard, and some other games plus the ones from PsPlus before Guild Wars 2 arrives - because I know I wont touch these cursed games once it arrives.

But how do you kill time before the champion itself arrives?

Comments

• ButregenyoButregenyo Member UncommonPosts: 483
    i dont, i just suffer T_T. This is really hard.
  • manakanamanakana Member Posts: 75
    I play WoW. Like I will after the release, alongside GW of course :)
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Browsing forums and hitting F5

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• ResetgunResetgun Member Posts: 471
    Playing and modding Skyrim.

"I know I said this was my last post, but you my friend are a idiotic moron." -Shadow4482

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,267
    Originally posted by Butregenyo
    i dont, i just suffer T_T. This is really hard.

Aye, I hear you.

No matter what game I put on, I keep thinking about Guild Wars 2. All games are utter shit compared to Guild Wars 2.

Its purely torture that they decided to launch 2 MONTHS after the reveal of the release date.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Playing some Skyrim. Would accompany that with LoL but the damn game keeps crashing on me all of a sudden....

• RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

The List since the last test event :

League of Legends, Trine 2 , Magicka , Prototype 2 , Skyrim - Dawnguard , Smite , and Orcs must Die 2.

Nothing satisfies me .... the hunger.

• Asuran24Asuran24 Member Posts: 517
    Well for me like any other time. I go get abunch of clocks an set them up out back, then i go get several veriaties fo guns, and go do some target practice to kill some time. Thhough i find hallow points kill time better then normal bullets.
  • HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    Originally posted by Redemp

League of Legends, Trine 2 , Magicka , Prototype 2 , Skyrim - Dawnguard , Smite , and Orcs must Die 2.

As far as games go, this is almost my exact list as well.  Just remove Prototype 2 and Orcs must Die 2 and replace them with Madden 2011 and Final Fantasy 12.  

On a side note, is it confirmed that GW2 will officially release at noon on saturday instead of midnight?  PST or EST?

• Cosmonaut79Cosmonaut79 Member UncommonPosts: 175
    Been playing Vanguard F2P all day today with a buddy.
  • MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,267
    Originally posted by Homitu

As far as games go, this is almost my exact list as well.  Just remove Prototype 2 and Orcs must Die 2 and replace them with Madden 2011 and Final Fantasy 12.  

On a side note, is it confirmed that GW2 will officially release at noon on saturday instead of midnight?  PST or EST?

As far as I understand, the timer on the gw2 page should show the right time instead of local time now?

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by Cosmonaut79
    Been playing Vanguard F2P all day today with a buddy.

Well I'm still working, but I will be to.  I can't stand the quest hubs but looks like it will keep me busy for the two+ weeks.

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880
    I'm playing a new file on desktop dungeons again (the downloadable alpha one).   Still a great game
  • NeferaNefera Member Posts: 426
    Funny enough, I used to check GW2 page plus a number of other sites daily for any news for the past two and half years, however now I'm at a point where I'm just doing other things instead of trying to think if things to do till launch. I'm really looking forward to the game, but I think I've got past the stage you guys are struggling with at the moment. =P
  • benit59benit59 Member UncommonPosts: 114
    I've been playing Counterstrike Source oddly enough. I played a little The Secret World during the celebration weekend. I likely would have bought it afterwards if the GW2 release wasnt looming so close. Today I will be downloading the RaiderZ beta and giving that a go. It looks like a blast...I'm hoping it will take my mind off of GW2 till release. :)
  • FaulknerFaulkner Member UncommonPosts: 108

I have been Playing CIV5 and Skyrim!  but I excited!  Woot!

Faulkner

• jcknowsjcknows Member Posts: 20

I play the stress tests to get my fix :) . Also, I keep finding myself playing DayZ... oddly enough between the two, I am doing ok. :D

• Method01Method01 Member UncommonPosts: 128

I don't feel like i have to kill the time untill release, but as an answer to your question, i play TSW.

• BijouBijou Member UncommonPosts: 145

Watching movies and reading this forum, lol.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    playing Vanguard F2P now

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802
    replaying Fallout NV but this time im hoping to get the DLCs done.

• Tonin109Tonin109 Member Posts: 201
    stabbing the seconds with my knife then the minutes with my sword then smashing the hours with my 2 hand hammer

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Playing Diablo 3 and trying out Vanguard.
  • HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    Originally posted by MikeJezZ
    Originally posted by Homitu

As far as I understand, the timer on the gw2 page should show the right time instead of local time now?

It currently shows noon EST on Saturday.  All beta times were listed as PST, so I was wondering if that bug still existed.  

• dzoni87dzoni87 Member Posts: 541
    Playing Dota 2 :D Finally got into beta 

Main MMO at the moment: Guild Wars 2
    Waiting for: Pathfinder Online