Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Level 20 only for FTP?

2»

Comments

• beat_downbeat_down Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Originally posted by William12

A few things.

Pay yearly its like 7.50 a month

Pay yearly for station access its 14.99 a month you can play any SOE game

If I was willing to pay I would have already been playing. This game is not worth a subscription fee with the neglect it gets.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    i really wish they would of made Disciple a pay class and not free that class is god mode in vanguard soloing group content with ease compared to all the other classes. I think that was a stupid decision as there will be a zillion disciples running around and they make excellent tank healers.
  • kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

So this means they went back on their word that premium characters created prior to free to play would still be playable?

Well that sucks.

• William12William12 Member Posts: 680
    Originally posted by kadepsyson

So this means they went back on their word that premium characters created prior to free to play would still be playable?

Well that sucks.

read the FAQ.

"As a special thank you to players who have ever had a subscription to Vanguard, characters of all levels that were created before the free-to-play conversion will all be available regardless of your membership type. In addition, these players will have 12 character slots (or your previous maximum number, whichever is higher) available on their account regardless of their membership type."

"Characters that existed before the Free-to-Play conversion will also have a full complement of bag slots available, and access to items currently in the bank regardless of slot limitations. New items will not be able to be placed in the bank beyond the slots normally granted to Free members, and once items are removed from these restricted slots they will not be able to be placed in the bank in excess of normal limitations."

• William12William12 Member Posts: 680
    Originally posted by beat_down
    Originally posted by William12

A few things.

Pay yearly its like 7.50 a month

Pay yearly for station access its 14.99 a month you can play any SOE game

If I was willing to pay I would have already been playing. This game is not worth a subscription fee with the neglect it gets.

Sorta the point with F2P they invested heavily in a new dev team over the last 6 months have spent time updating and fixing stuff.  Just look at the patch today if that doesn't say we're actively updating this game nothing will.

• LodorLodor Member UncommonPosts: 13

The real reason they did that is so all those sub lvl 20 alts will not be grandfathered in now.

People will have to buy them if they want to play them past 20 now where as before even a lvl 2 non ftp class/race combo got grandfathered in for free.

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514

it looks good until you scroll down and read the non highlighted portion .it is essentially not f2p .it is b2p . read this :

1. Vanguard: Saga of Heroes requires an internet connection (which you are responsible for) in order to play. Regardless of your account access level, Free or Gold, all optional content from the in-game Marketplace requires a purchase. Gold Membership is available for $14.99 USD per month.
    2. The six free races included with Free Membership are: Thestran, Halfling, Kojani, Half-Elf, Qaliathari, and Mordebi.
    3. All classes are playable for Free members up until Level 20. After Level 20, the seven free classes included with Free Membership are: Warrior, Rogue, Monk , Cleric, Disciple, Sorcerer and Necromancer.
    4. Uncommon and higher will have limited availability for Free members.
    5. Free players will be able to sell items in the Broker system, but at a higer cost than Gold Members.
    6. Free players will be able to send and receive mail, but at a higher cost than Gold Members.
    7. Free accounts will receive customer service to resolve real money transaction based issues only. Support for other gameplay and performance issues is available at the online knowledge base.
    so f2p users are at loss in every case . you are made to sell your items at higher gold . who will buy from me ? they changed my everquest 2 subscription based account to silver membership without my knowledge .they scrapped the whole option of subscribing to the game .  and the fact that you cannot use station cash to buy per month subsription was the last straw for me . good bye soe .
  • AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    Originally posted by SuperXero89
    I think it's a mistake to let people play those classes without purchasing them even if it's only to level 20.  What if someone doesn't even see the level 20 restriction then wonders why they can't play their character or why they can't level up once they reach 20 in-game?

You could play any class and any race up to level 10 before. You just couldnt leave the Isle of Dawn.

• CasualMakerCasualMaker Member UncommonPosts: 862
    Originally posted by lotaparty

it looks good until you scroll down and read the non highlighted portion .it is essentially not f2p .it is b2p . read this :

Whine, whine. To anyone who has experience with the free versions of EQ and EQ2, this all looks very familiar, even generous. At least this time, its try-before-you-buy on the premium races and classes.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by wrightstuf
    I Downloaded the ftp client just now and noticed the Dread Knight (which was my choice to create) along with a few other classes were restricted to level 20.Is this how it will be for the new FTP version iof the game? Certainly hope not. Maybe i'm missing something?

The bastards! For what they're charging, they should at least let you play to level 40 and have access to all classes.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    I logged in last night and about half my blue items weren't even available to FTP players.  At least unlock all blue items for players to use.   Other than that the FTP restrictions are fine with me.