Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will Guild Wars 2 be your full time game?

FinitFinit Member Posts: 145

A similar thread was started on Guru, and I thought it had some potential for thoughtful discussion.  Many people have debated whether Guild Wars 2 players will keep their subscriptions to other MMOs, and I wanted to put that thought to the test in an arguably less biased community.

So, will Guild Wars 2 be your full time game? 

My Guild Wars 2 Blog can be found here: Divinity's Reach

Comments

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

I think it will be.

I have no other MMORPG I am playing right now.

Minecraft/Skyrim waiting for GW2.

Tried to play some Rift before and after last BWE and Stress test, just for comparisons sake (thankfully F2P up to 20) and I just could never, ever go back to any MMO but GW2.

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662
    Yes it will. I will play Dota 2 and HoN also.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Yes
  • RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Nope.  There are other games, both MMO and other, that I enjoy a lot more.

It'll be a game, once purchases, to dabble with from time to time, and that's about it.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237
    I just cancelled my SOE All Pass and Secret World.  For me its Guild Wars 2 or bust.  I might cheat with SWTOR when it goes F2P.

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
    Here's a poll.
  • KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Yes

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053
    I will have limited time to play games so I have to pick and choose my games. So yes, it will be my main game.
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    I play a lot of games in general including single player games. I am not going to make GW2 an exclusive game to everything else, but it'll likely be the only MMORPG I play for a while. I am not currently playing an MMORPG at all.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    6 months from now I hope that it will take the place of SC2 as my change of pace game. Jump in and pvp for a few hours, then back to my main.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,795
    For some time yes. When FF 14 2.0 is released I might share the time between the two but it all depends on how good 2.0 will be.
  • WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990

For a time it will.

How long that will be depends on how enjoyable I find PvP long term and how well Anet does with updates in relation to PvE.

I will be hopping back into TSW from time to time as well.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,456

Yes.

No recent MMORPG comes even remotely close to GW2, and the older ones I enjoy got a bit stale or technologically outdated.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• EudaimonEudaimon Member UncommonPosts: 116

Honestly not sure - I'll split my time somehow between AoC, GW2 and TSW .

I'll probably give TSW a break as the strong point (story) will soon become de-emphasised as I'm in Translyvania now.

Will continue with AoC - have too many friends there, and like the combat system.

Looking forward to GW2, and like the combat system, but the graphical style is a little twee in places.  It also feels too high fantasy for my preferences.  I'll be able to get around that, I'm sure, though.

• MadKingMadKing Member UncommonPosts: 173
    GW2 will be the only MMOrpg I will be playing for a long time anything else will be on consoles this fall. 
  • MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

Yep. Best of the lot for me.

edit ***

as far as mmorpg's go, that is.

I'll definitely be playing some SP games still, as well as MC and stuff still :)

• RameiArashiRameiArashi Member UncommonPosts: 294
    I'll probably load up Guld Wars 1 ocassionally, but otherwise Guild Wars 2 is my only MMORPG.

• scarykids2scarykids2 Member UncommonPosts: 74
    most likely.
  • MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

For a good amount of time. It looks like the most solid AAA buy for this year.

I am still looking forward to Age of Wushu. Maybe it's in the blood but I love good kung fu and there hasn't been an mmo that's done kung fu any justice. 

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• Preacher26Preacher26 Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Yes, for the pvp and to play with some RL friends who are much more casual than I am.

Will most likely pvp here until a decent sandbox releases or darkfall 2.0 launches..
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Yes

Not playing anything now and I will have hit or miss time to play so it's perfect.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

no.

I will divide my time between Tera and Aion and visit Final Fantasy 14, Vangaurd and The Secret World for a few hours each week.

Guild Wars 2 will be played a few hours here and there.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • BijouBijou Member UncommonPosts: 145

Yes, it's the only MMO I enjoy atm.

• yaoming36yaoming36 Member UncommonPosts: 189

It already is. Not released you say? Doesn't matter.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/004/457/challenge.jpg

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973
    As a gamer I like to mix it up. Some days I'm in the mood for a solid MMO, others I just want to do some PvP in League of Legends, and sometimes I just want an easy SP puzzle game or side scroller. GW2 will likely find it's way into my regular rotation as my go to fantasy MMO, though.