Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest II: SOEmote Released

2»

Comments

• SaydienSaydien Member Posts: 266

Funny idea but despite being a RP I simply can't help considering this a waste of resources. Companies fail to deliver games that are actually fun but they mess around with such stuff. Oh well.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by Saydien

Funny idea but despite being a RP I simply can't help considering this a waste of resources. Companies fail to deliver games that are actually fun but they mess around with such stuff. Oh well.

Plenty of folks consider EQ2 very fun, and they obviously have the resource to deliver this. You also ignore the fact that obviously a lot of folks think this would make the game even funner for them.

Not really sensible to knock a game for not being 'fun' and then criticise something that many would make it more 'fun' for a ton of people.

I think what you really meant to say was, 'I don't personally enjoy EQ2 and I don't think I would enjoy this feature either'.

Right now I see EQ2 as simply a testbed for EQ3 technology, both in implementation and reception and I think this is a sensible thing to be doing. I say this actually having no love for SOE as a company at all.

• zanzarothzanzaroth Member UncommonPosts: 40
    is it april fools day already?
  • rmk70rmk70 Member UncommonPosts: 408
    That's actually a really cool feature. I'm impressed. 
  • CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661
    I thought this was a stupid waste of development time and money when I first read the announcment a few months back but after watching the video and the other live video with the group integration demo  I quite like this. Not bad at all SOE and clearly a glimpse of things to come in EQ2 Next.
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

nice bit of tech there.. probally somthing i would not use as im not really into the RP side of things but its good to see SOE hard at work bringing in new things.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Asamof
    I want to see how this looks with a humanoid race

a better demo w humanoid faces   (this is at Ops link)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cde01HNKQVw

an E3 "hands on" demo discussing the techology and using Ratonga

http://www.engadget.com/2012/08/07/sony-takes-soemote-live-for-everquest-ii/

• ShadowVlicanShadowVlican Member UncommonPosts: 158
    this is awesome! i hope more games do this... would be awesome to replace typing with in-game voice chat.... seeing their facial expressions on the avatar is just icing on top!