Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Felicia Day shows us her tight box. (And that IS what she said.)

Comments

• RavenRaven Member UncommonPosts: 2,005
    Nice publicity stunt, this should ensure that some more boxes are sold. Well played ANet...well played.

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706
    Wonder how many stalkers she's gonna have in the game.
  • Pretender00Pretender00 Member Posts: 84
    Pokket could take some lessons from Felicia Day. Talented and cute without the smug bitchy attitude.
  • thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    Originally posted by Nitth

Who is this person and why should i care?

Shes an annoying cretin that for some sad reason the MMO community decided to make their pinup girl for the genre.   I have no idea why.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    "I like flowers growing out of my butt." I almost died laughing haha

Smile

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065
    Originally posted by Raven
    Nice publicity stunt, this should ensure that some more boxes are sold. Well played ANet...well played.

You make it sound like she's under their payroll. image

• Tawn47Tawn47 Member Posts: 512

I can't believe nobody mentioned 'The Guild' web series in relation to Felicia Day.  If you like MMO's youll find it hilarious.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Best thing about this site, how friendly and outgoing we are.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

Originally posted by Master10K

You make it sound like she's under their payroll. image

Not at all, it is still a publicity stunt, "lets give this box to this famous person so she can make it viral". She doesnt have to be on their payroll, she is just a semi famous geek figure that influences a lot of people, you know like booth babes at E3. They appeal to the lonely nerdy gamer type.

If you can't see this than I think you have been buying too much into corporate PR ( this goes way beyond GW2 ), like companies giving Fatal1ty lots of gaming hardware for him to use so it influences other "hardcore" gamers into buying it, cause "fatal1ty uses it".

• RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531

"Nice" assumption of you aswell!

In case you didn't noticed:

1) this is Felicias YouTube channel and has nothing to do with ANet

2) she is a gamer herself and got the CE first because she did voice acting for it

3) she posted this video because she is excited about the game herself and likes the work she did for it

4) her video has nothing to do with ANet (except of the fact that they sent her and the other voice actors the CE) and it's only to be found in her channel

5) the title of her video doesn't promote GW2 or ANet either

Originally posted by Raekon

2) she is a gamer herself and got the CE first because she did voice acting for it

3) she posted this video because she is excited about the game herself and likes the work she did for it

4) her video has nothing to do with ANet (except of the fact that they sent her and the other voice actors the CE) and it's only to be found in her channel

And I didnt say she didnt deserve the box or whatever, but they would have to have a pretty fucking dumb PR and Marketing department if they didnt think this would have been an awesome opportunity for free advertising, having seen the inside of marketing and PR departments of more than one company I know this is exactly why they gave the people that did the voice acting a box this much early, cause it would generate interest.

There is nothing wrong with that, but that is exactly what this was.

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

Originally posted by Tawn47
    Originally posted by Nitth Who is this person and why should i care?
    I can't believe nobody mentioned 'The Guild' web series in relation to Felicia Day.  If you like MMO's youll find it hilarious.

here you go:
    http://www.watchtheguild.com/
    for those who dont have a clue who she is and why males gamers has her as a pinup girl

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    150€.... ouch....

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384
    Originally posted by thamighty213

Shes an annoying cretin that for some sad reason the MMO community decided to make their pinup girl for the genre.   I have no idea why.

Coming from someone who clearly has no idea what a cretin is, heres a tip, dont try to use words you dont know to sound smaret, just makes you look the opposite.

Also, acting like someones a pos because your emo they are popular also doesnt make you look cool.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

And I didnt say she didnt deserve the box or whatever, but they would have to have a pretty fucking dumb PR and Marketing department if they didnt think this would have been an awesome opportunity for free advertising, having seen the inside of marketing and PR departments of more than one company I know this is exactly why they gave the people that did the voice acting a box this much early, cause it would generate interest.

Do you have the schematic for your tinfoil hat? I'd like to perfect mine.

Anet is evil! I must protect myself..

• RaekonRaekon Member UncommonPosts: 531

Ever thought that many companies are giving a free copy of the game produced to everyone that worked on the game? ^_^

It doesn't have to be pr and if they wanted to promote the game with her or the other voice actors/-tresses, they would had done it a bit differently.

You can see in her channel how she plays other games with her brother.

You are right that it would had been a great opportunity for ANet to take advantage of such a thing but I don't think they really need it or going that way.

Through all the beta players and the tons of keys they provided with over many sites for the BWE3, there were lots of "publishing" going on already.

The "cheapest" way that costs them nothing was the "word to mouth" advertisement that came from everyone that tried it out and loved it. :)

Ever thought that many companies are giving a free copy of the game produced to everyone that worked on the game? ^_^

It doesn't have to be pr and if they wanted to promote the game with her or the other voice actors/-tresses, they would had done it a bit differently.

You can see in her channel how she plays other games with her brother.

You are right that it would had been a great opportunity for ANet to take advantage of such a thing but I don't think they really need it or going that way.

Through all the beta players and the tons of keys they provided with over many sites for the BWE3, there were lots of "publishing" going on already.

The "cheapest" way that costs them nothing was the "word to mouth" advertisement that came from everyone that tried it out and loved it. :)

Yep they give out free copies of the game to people that worked on it there is nothing strange about that, I have a copy of every game I worked on, the earliest I have received a copy ( and that only happened once ) was a week before release and that was because the US release was one week early and management got a box full shipped to our office. Every other game you get a copy on release day like everyone else.

As I said there is nothing wrong with them giving it away earlier, and I am not saying she is not being impartial, but it would be dumb of ANet Marketing and PR department not to take advantage of it, by giving it away early she posted a video ( which she might have not ), but that certainly pushed a few more sales. 

I will say it again there is nothing wrong with that, it is all part of promoting your game, and creating exposure, it would be dumb to think that ANet doesnt have a PR and Marketing department working to get the game sold to as many people as possible in any way they can ( as does every other game released with a big budget ).

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    Originally posted by Magnetia

More famous, talented and better looking than you or your girlfriend.

Wait... ok she's a redhead, and I usually like red heads. But then... skinny... no chest... well, not my kind of "lady" - she's just "average" in my opinion, she has a nice smile though. So I totally disagree with the "better looking" part. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

This said, her high pitched almost ear breaking voice makes her perfect to be the voice double of an Asura ;)

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by Zylaxx
    Originally posted by Volkon
    Kind of excited for my CE now. Pity I have to wait until the 25th... not fair Destiny's Edge members getting an advantage like that.

Must resist the temptation to not open my CE when I get it.  Trying to save it as a collector and an investment.

The original WOW Collectors Edition sells for 500-1000 (last I checked). Mainly because that comes with a vanity pet... People are crazy serious about their pets. GW2 CE version comes with a pet and an elite skill.. The other items are pretty boring and consumable. 

If you are really lucky the collectors edition for GW2 will net you a few hundred dollars in 3-4 years. If you are really really really lucky it will net you 500-1000 dollars in a decade. Neither are what I would call a big deal.. since waiting that long to see a return is fairly extreme. 

If you are unlucky you will have a nice set of coasters an interesting statue (that no one accept gw2 players reconize hehe) and a very nice art book. 

Personally i wish they had given people a few options on the statue... I never really liked the way Charr looked. 

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

More famous, talented and better looking than you or your girlfriend.

Wait... ok she's a redhead, and I usually like red heads. But then... skinny... no chest... well, not my kind of "lady" - she's just "average" in my opinion, she has a nice smile though. So I totally disagree with the "better looking" part. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

This said, her high pitched almost ear breaking voice makes her perfect to be the voice double of an Asura ;)

WOW made her famous with a little web based show called The Guild. I've watched a couple of them. Beyond that she does a lot of voice acting, guess stars on TV shows and occasional gets a part in a B movie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felicia_Day

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Jyiiga
    If you are unlucky you will have a nice set of coasters an interesting statue (that no one accept gw2 players reconize hehe) and a very nice art book.

Let's concentrate on the first couple of things you need to create a collectible--popularity and persistence.

Then we'll look and see if the Collectibles markets have recovered from their hard crash in the 00's, yet.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459

Personally i wish they had given people a few options on the statue... I never really liked the way Charr looked. 

Would it have been a statue of Eir and her wolf, I would honestly have considered buying the collector edition. But Rytlock... bleh.

WOW made her famous with a little web based show called The Guild. I've watched a couple of them. Beyond that she does a lot of voice acting, guess stars on TV shows and occasional gets a part in a B movie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felicia_Day

Yeah I know her, I was just disputing her "physical awesomeness" - not saying she doesn't do her job(s) well, the voicing of the Azura in game seemed appropriate.

I actually like her better than some really stupid female "gaming reporters" which are obviously only employed because they make teenagers drool. At least Felicia seems to know what she's talking about, unlike some female bloggers I won't name on this very website, or that stupid one from g4tv (Morgan Webb).

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

Would it have been a statue of Eir and her wolf, I would honestly have considered buying the collector edition. But Rytlock... bleh.

+1

I don't like charr much, those warmongering aggresive looking types are not my thing.  If they had given an option to select Zojja, Caith or Eir statues then GW2 would've been the first game ever I forked out the hefty cash sum of CE for.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    Originally posted by PieRad

A ginger with a horsebite, you shouldn't care.

Wow, that's shallow.  

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Originally posted by Siphaed

Originally posted by Nitth Who is this person and why should i care? I only know her as an Actress in Eureka on SyFy.  Besides that, I've been told she's been in several other series, is a mad gaming geek, and is honestly beautiful.  Oh, she did the voice of Zojja in the game.         By you being a ***** as you are by posting your nonsese, I'd say you shouldn't even care for this game and should just not play it and leave it's forums immediately.  But, that's what I said.
      It was a serious question no need to call profanities at me. Ok, so she is an actress, Thanks. There is nothing worse than watching someone on youtube that has 'no worth' relative to what their talking about, or holds no weight to their opinions because their not in the industry. If she just did the voice for a couple of characters, Why would her opening a box hold any significance? However, if you said that she is a professional actor that has multiple tv appearances and has been 'well renound' within the gaming industry maybe she has something relevant and meaning full to say.   By you being a ***** as you are by posting your nonsese, I'd say you shouldn't even care for this game and should just not play it and leave it's forums immediately. But, that's what I said
    Yeah that makes a lot a sense: "your either with us or against us" and i think you should get the fuck out.   Real mature.
    It's because "Why should I care?" makes you sound like an asshole.
      That's just your perception. what I would be thinking if someone on the street started trying to sell me something. "who the f*** are you and why are you talking to me" So my mannerism presented here is "who is she? and why should I care what shes saying.?" It's legitimate,Non offensive and to the point. Sorry its not sugar coated enough not hurt your feelings.
    Mannerisms don't convey well over the internet if you haven't noticed. When words are the only means we have to communicate on this medium is it not important to choose words that can correctly convey what we feel?

Im not going to write a disclaimer clause to every sentence i write on the internet.
    How you interpret is not my fault. It not like i wrote an offensive or degrading phrase.

It's not offensive to anyone, including the person in question, or the game.
    Yet, Seems people can freely abuse me.

Like i said before its too the point, its not complicated and precisely convayed what i wanted to know.

Derailing the thread and making it about you.  Yeah....you're really curious about who she is....NOT.  If the majority perceive your phrasing as antagonistic, that usually means it is.