Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

pay to win gear in market

cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
well vets sorry its true level 10 20 30 40 and 50 pay to win gear in the market place full sets for 900 station cash each. At least its not 55=/

Comments

• monarc333monarc333 Member UncommonPosts: 622
    Can you post the link to this marketplace, please. Thanks.
  • cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    its in the marketplace you have to go in game to see it the website is not up yet with the marketplace. I have to make a correction though the gear level is 20 for level 11 30 for 21 40 for 31 50 for 41 so no end game gear all full sets are 900 station cash each. Mounts are  1300 for flying mount but level 50 requirement to use , level 1 for land at around 900 station cash . Class unlocks are 675 each is tons of stuff on the marketplace but the only one that truely bugs me is the rare gear sets for sale. The rest im totally okay with.
  • LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692
    Originally posted by cronius77
    its in the marketplace you have to go in game to see it the website is not up yet with the marketplace. I have to make a correction though the gear level is 20 for level 11 30 for 21 40 for 31 50 for 41 so no end game gear all full sets are 900 station cash each. Mounts are  1300 for flying mount but level 50 requirement to use , level 1 for land at around 900 station cash . Class unlocks are 675 each is tons of stuff on the marketplace but the only one that truely bugs me is the rare gear sets for sale. The rest im totally okay with.

With $OE this really surprises you?

• stringboistringboi Member UncommonPosts: 394
    I dont see a problem as long as its not end game items.  Isnt buying lower level gear basically the same as xp potions or other items people are ok with?  It really only helps you get to end game faster....if you want to buy your way to end game, thats up to them.  If this is the case...we all end up in the same place at the end dont we?
    I was reading they are appearance gear only. If thats so then I'm good with that. As long as people cant buy raid lvl gear it should be ok. And flying mounts for sale too huh. I guess those folks who worked hard for their Griffon mounts will be peeved.

yeah im kinda old school i guess i remember when people you know earned their ways to end game......

Any time you can buy gear to help you level to end game fast is pay to win in my eyes regardless of end game . While i can agree with you though that its only going to let people get to end game faster it still kinda sucks because they can make money in so many other area's. If many people just pay for gear and its a hot item you can bet now SOE will start adding end game gear, not raid gear but gear to get you raid ready im willing to bet you now on it. This is just kinda lame, the rest of the market place is fine though and cheaper then eq2.

• PranksterPrankster Member UncommonPosts: 163

All of the best gear has always been for sale for real money.

Now instead of gold farmers it's the game company that in turn spends that money building content.

Refugee from UO,EQ,AC,AC2,AO,DAOC,L2,SB,HZ,CoH,PT,EQ2,WoW,VG,SWG,EVE,WAR,DF,MO,AI,GA,LOTRO, SWTOR... Gw2 on Deck

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

Live Gamer Exchange has been in the game for years. You have been able to buy level 55 characters, plat and equipment for a long time.

This isn't news

• ozerinxozerinx Member UncommonPosts: 200

I agree with whoever said that it is like buying xp potions. In a game like vanguard where "open world pvp" does not exists some lvl 20 that spend 50$ is not going to out shine you. Yeah, if you are in a dungeon grouping with this said person you are benefiting as well since he can carry you through the dungeon. 

This mechanic just benefits leveling which I find in a way bad for Vanguard since they lack "future contents" but, maybe it is a way of them telling us they are going to dish out tons of new contents in the near future? 

We don't know and for people starting threads about going to free to play minus questions please stop. 

Play the game then do a full review afterwards. 

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059

Is it really pay to win or is it pay for convenience? I am just now downloading the client to give the game a shot. I am wondering how the purchased items compare to what can be looted and what can be crafted? The same question applies to mounts in its way, meaning can I earn them reasonably through play?

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    Game is strictly pve, not that big of a deal.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

why would i waste real money on a cash shop gear if ill dump it once i am able to craft or loot a better one?

i dont want an OP gear at low levels to make my character progression crap easy with no challenge. i always wear NPC vendor gear at low levels until i can craft / loot my goodies. No need to buy gear.

Also, selling low level gear in the cash shop looks like an opening door to the P2W paradise later on IMO (which sucks)

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415

I'm normally against any kind of pay  2 win type of scenarios.  BUT, give vanguards age, lack of playerbase, and the fact this is only gear that would help people level and get to where the rest of the playerbase is faster... im ok with it.

If there was endgame gearset then yeah it would be a major problem.  The mount part im not sure about, but, fuck, blizzards been doing it for years, so i guess why not.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    Can EQ2 station cash be used as VG station cash to buy items in the marketplace?

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662
    It's only for apperance.

• EverketEverket Member UncommonPosts: 244

The vanguard forums is also in uproar because of the gear restriction, which I can kinda understand. Old players logging in to see just a few pieces of gear are usable. Why would they ever stay and continue playing when that is the first thing they see when logging in?

It's dumb to make a conclusion now, but I just can't see vanguard succeeding with this f2p model. Very sad :(

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

yeah im kinda old school i guess i remember when people you know earned their ways to end game......

Any time you can buy gear to help you level to end game fast is pay to win in my eyes regardless of end game . While i can agree with you though that its only going to let people get to end game faster it still kinda sucks because they can make money in so many other area's. If many people just pay for gear and its a hot item you can bet now SOE will start adding end game gear, not raid gear but gear to get you raid ready im willing to bet you now on it. This is just kinda lame, the rest of the market place is fine though and cheaper then eq2.

And the good news is, you still can earn your way to end game, so no harm no foul.

Unless of course you thought you were competing against other folks for some reason (in a game with no PVP that's not really possible).

You can't be racing to the end game world firsts, those have all long sense fallen.  So in the end your complaint comes off as more of one of envy that you can't (or won't) spend the cash on the gear yourself.

They play the game their way, perhaps they have limited time to play and would like to get to end game raiding in some reasonable period of time, instead of being 2nd class citizens as is so often the case when time spent in game is the determining factor on your progression.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KilsinKilsin Member RarePosts: 515
    Originally posted by InFlamestwo
    It's only for apperance.

You clearly have not investigated the marketplace then, have you?

OP:

The gear is nothing to worry about though, it has very poor stats, at those levels, you would have to be a person of extremely low intelligence to even consider purchasing those items.

Quested and dropped from named mobs are much better.

Everyone needs to remember this is an early bug smashing session before the real launch in a weeks time, SOE are well known for making their player base test their patches for them.

It's better to pick up on all the issues now and release a decent F2P model to the public in a week than push this live on the 14th and cross their fingers.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    The gear is about the same as what you can get at that level without payign SC for it anyways so it's a waste of money to buy it. Same with mounts they can be earnt without buying it.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

Today, I logged in for the first time since 2008 and the non-raid gear my toon was wearing (but admittedly not getting the benefits from as I don't have a gold subscription) is far superior to anything on the Marketplace. 

OP, you're wrong. Simple as that.

So does anyone have an item list with prices? I havent been able to log in and check the marketplace, dam traveling work. Just curious how expensive the items are compared with how much SC you can. Thanks in advance.
  • BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Pay to Win what?  Is there anything in Vanguard worth winning?
  • Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    After I saw the f2p model it was obvious to me that they werent trying to save it as much as milk it and I lost any little bit of interest I actually had in returning to this game.
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

yeah im kinda obsessed with how much fun someone else might be having i guess i remember when people you know earned their ways to end game......

Fixed that for you. I'm probably as 'old school' as you if not a decade older (assuming '77' is year of birth) and most of the people I played with and created content for were there to play a game, not to feel a sense of virtual self-worth.

If you're trying to win an MMO, cronius, that's fine. That's your choice. Transferring your personal playstyle on others and then looking down your nose at them for doing it differently is kind of hypocritical, though.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

you guys can rationalize anything you like here but facts are facts if they sell gear its called pay to win because it gives advantages over traditional leveling and is exactly what was a concern to a lot of vet players before the free to play. Its funny how just because its a pve game no one attacks SOE for doing it but myself , but even if it was crappy no stat gear and had pvp you guys would be destroying SOE for doing it. Anyways Im not arguing with a couple of your personal attacks as I get banned for speaking my mind so instead i just report you and move on thats why I didnt even bother to reply til now. From the matrix flames from players on their own offical forums once again soe has destroyed their own game so its not like it matters much. Also putting rare mounts in chests with a 180 station cash key to open it really sticks it to the vets who are gold already. I tried to get everyone I know to play last night but everyone that logged in and had all locked gear and seen to unlock 5 pieces on the marketplace its 5 bucks instantly uninstalled. I really feel bad for other vets who love vanguard and its their main mmo. SOE made sure to destroy it .