Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any good RPGs with low saturation?

deadpeopledeadpeople Member Posts: 15

I like RPGs with low saturation, that stay in their era (kinda), like the witcher, dragon age, skyrim, etc. games that arent overly colorful except in the artwork. I just cant find any good MMOs that are the same!

I may affend people, but i cant play WOW, or RIFT, or even guild wars for my selfish reason. the bright colors and things are too fairy taily for me. it seems like for somthing that is rated teen, they geer it for 5 year olds. people say... NO NO, ItS A MATURE GAME! yet they talk about the cheezy "sword of truth", instead of it having a name and a purpose.

ya, im a bit picky. i have tried Shaiya, and loved it, but it got old, REALLY fast for me. and still some of the themes seemed a bit stupid to me. i like factions and guilds, but for gods sake (excuse the profanity if it affends anyone) why are there tanks and trikes in WOW?

i just want a game that seems like it was made by someone with any sence of history. sure the world has color, not that much. and sure they had machines, but people where executed for making them being told it was "witch craft", and these machines sure as hell where not tanks, let alone made of wood.

if anyone knows of a game i might try, shoot! and keepem coming, i dont need everyone to agree with what they think is the best option, if it fits, than please point it out for me, ill download a bunch and givem all a try.

thank you so much for reading, and im sorry if i sound totally anal about the subject

Comments

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Age of Conan might be a good choice for you. And it's free to play so you can check it out right now.
  • PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

I understand.

I had my best times in gaming in games like "DA: Origins" and "TES: Oblivion."

And I'll be watching this thread for any goodies that may come up that I've missed, can't keep up with every game that's being made, so here's hoping.

• deadpeopledeadpeople Member Posts: 15
    thank you, i have seen it before but never truly looked into it, thank you. if you hapen to think of any more id appreciate it
  • SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

Vanguard basically went F2P about 31 minutes ago so try that.

http://www.vanguardthegame.com/

That's where I'll be

glad to know im not the only one, lol

thank you, looks cool, ill check it out

Edit: still a little colorful, but the themes seem a little more up my alley

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    Krater, Fallout series (but you probably know that from TES), umm...Not sure aside from that tbh.

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

if only Vanguard didnt use the crappy SOE f2p allegedly pay system

are those MMOs? i know fallout is an rpg, but i dont know about an mmo
  • CeleustaCeleusta Member UncommonPosts: 26
    If you're considering single player games, you may want to give Dark Messiah of Might and Magic a try. It's not exactly an RPG, but it has the best first person combat I've seen in a fantasy game and it has more of a coherent, low-fantasy feel to it.

If you have a PS3, check out Demon's Souls and its sequel, Dark Souls. There is a lot of attention to detail in the Souls games, with great looking, historically inspired armor and locations. Dark Souls is coming out this month on PC as well.

ill keep that in mind, but i am actually looking for MMOs, not rpgs. tho i appreciate it and will look into  them for my pc and ps3.

just so people arent confused. i have no problem finding "dark fantasys" for single player, its the mass multiplayer where artists take WAY too much liberty with the playing style IMHO.

• CeleustaCeleusta Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Ah, my mistake then. I'm also waiting for an MMO like that!

As another poster mentioned, Age of Conan is a decent option. If you have a lot of patience, you may want to check out Mortal Online as well. It has some nice, ambitious concepts, and it definitely has that "low saturation" element to it, but it's pretty rough around the edges to put it mildly.
  • miguksarammiguksaram Member UncommonPosts: 835
    Originally posted by colddog04
    Age of Conan might be a good choice for you. And it's free to play so you can check it out right now.

I'd have to second AoC if you are looking for a more realistic color palette.

wow, so age of conan seems to be prety interesting... i still want to see if more pop up for me to try. i tried Reckoning receontly, but like WOW, has the super awsome, low saturation, super epic poster and cover..... but ist prety childish in theme and way to colorful for me.

i havent yet played diablo (ya i know im missing out). i dont suppose diablo 3 is at all within the standards ive represented myself looking for in my first post?

i dont know what the reputation of some of these korean rpgs. im curious if the culture would take a hit on the game play or not, and if so, good or bad. im looking at Lineage II and Neowiz:BLESS. both look cool, and roughly up my alley, but i dont think bless has come out yet, if so, i have no clue how to get it, and im gunna try lineage2. both are made with what is in my opinion possibly the best game engine of all time (i understand if you dissagree that its the best, but if the unreal engine isnt in your top 5 you dont game, you play).

Lineage 2 was decent in the free to play, but to me got extremely boring around level 80 ish

Dont bother with D3, its aweful

have you tried TSW?

no, i have to say im not usually into this kind of game, but it looks alright. i never got into the rpg shooters asside from GoW. ill see about giving it a try tho. i might supprise myself. thanks for the tip
  • VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198
    Some could argue the validity of it being an MMO, but I recall Vindictus being a bit darker and grittier. So it may be something worth your time.
    sounds like it would be if its a bit darker, ill do some research, thank you
    Originally posted by deadpeople
    no, i have to say im not usually into this kind of game, but it looks alright. i never got into the rpg shooters asside from GoW. ill see about giving it a try tho. i might supprise myself. thanks for the tip

If you are referring to TSW, dont qualify it as a shooter.  It plays just like a standard fantasy mmo, but rifles and shotguns replace bows and xbows

The setting is extremely dark, and the story and missions are very captaviting.  The PVP leaves a lot to be desired as well, but the Dungeons are definitely a blast

alright, well ill take a look. i have to say i never got into the back ally/under the table kinda themes, altho i havent played it so ill see.

if anyone has anything to add other than this or AoC, than im all... erm... eyes

to anyone still reading... i hsould add, i like high quality meshes. i know thats usually achieved in the settings, but my computer can handle quite a bit, and theoretically theres no reason why an mmo cant use standard poly game meshes, as apposed to the rather standard mmo format wit honly 12-15 polys in the face
  • IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    glad to know im not the only one, lol

Given the 90's art style obsession with darkity-dark-in-a-dark-cave games, I'm kind of surprised that one doesn't show up as a "where are they now" more often too.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• miguksarammiguksaram Member UncommonPosts: 835
    to anyone still reading... i hsould add, i like high quality meshes. i know thats usually achieved in the settings, but my computer can handle quite a bit, and theoretically theres no reason why an mmo cant use standard poly game meshes, as apposed to the rather standard mmo format wit honly 12-15 polys in the face

I'm really not trying to push AoC because it has it's faults but even by today's standards from a purely graphical standpoint you will be hard pressed to find a better looking game if your system can handle it's extreme settings.  The only other MMO I can think of that comes close is TSW but that's because it was built off the same engine.