Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VG went F2P Today

Slasher29Slasher29 Member UncommonPosts: 194

from the forums 

image08/07/2012 14:14:10

Subject: Re:so they went FTP today?

image image image

Silius image

Developer 

This is our first big build before the official FTP launch next week but free players can log in today and the marketplace will be available.

Comments

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364
    Oh well... let's check it out :D

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• monarc333monarc333 Member UncommonPosts: 622
    So what are the exact race/class combos? I cant seem to find the info on their site.
  • kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    are world servers up..shows my chars but does'nt connect?
  • brash99brash99 Member UncommonPosts: 94
    Originally posted by monarc333
    So what are the exact race/class combos? I cant seem to find the info on their site.

http://www.vanguardthegame.com/free.vm

The six free races included with Free Membership are: Thestran, Halfling, Kojani, Half-Elf, Qaliathari, and Mordebi.
    All classes are playable for Free members up until Level 20. After Level 20, the seven free classes included with Free Membership are: Warrior, Rogue, Monk , Cleric, Disciple, Sorcerer and Necromancer.
  • Slasher29Slasher29 Member UncommonPosts: 194

they said the servers be up 6pm PST/9PM EST

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Sure are a lot of (most) races and classes limited to level 20...

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706
    Originally posted by AlBQuirky

Sure are a lot of (most) races and classes limited to level 20...

Pretty much why I won't bother with it. It's the same case with FTP EQ. You get to play like 4 for free. I don't mind them trying to make money but locking classes is not the way to do it.

• Artymus77Artymus77 Member Posts: 140
    no offense to anyone but vanguard is still being played/????
  • StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779

Would have loved to have stayed and played even when it was a sub game. This is a great example of players flocking and exiting in large numbers.

Could you imagine if folks stuck around and continued to support this game. The improvements they could have made over time rather than folks wanting something instantly fixed ASAP!

MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    Originally posted by brash99

The six free races included with Free Membership are: Thestran, Halfling, Kojani, Half-Elf, Qaliathari, and Mordebi.
    All classes are playable for Free members up until Level 20. After Level 20, the seven free classes included with Free Membership are: Warrior, Rogue, Monk , Cleric, Disciple, Sorcerer and Necromancer.

cool, thanks for the info!

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415
    Obviously this news heralds the fact that F2P is the way of the future and sub models are just fail...

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• RottsteinRottstein Member UncommonPosts: 66
    Originally posted by StoneRoses

Would have loved to have stayed and played even when it was a sub game. This is a great example of players flocking and exiting in large numbers.

Could you imagine if folks stuck around and continued to support this game. The improvements they could have made over time rather than folks wanting something instantly fixed ASAP!

This game would have been like WOW if folks stuck around.  SOE cant keep their fingers off of things.  Luckily it didnt make enough money for them to keep tinkering with it.

Originally posted by Hrimnir
    Obviously this news heralds the fact that F2P is the way of the future and sub models are just fail...

Sorry if folks are just broke or are completly cheap! F2P is just another reason for the same folks to complain as they will refuse to buy anything in their cash shop to help support these games.

• DrakadenDrakaden Member UncommonPosts: 138
    I just checked the character i made on their trial, the limit on gear quality is really bothersome to me because they do not sell something to remove that limit altogether, instead they sell pricy items that can remove membership restriction on ONE ITEM AT A TIME, that was just too ridiculous for me, i would've paid for the racial restriction that my character needed, but the restriction on gear is what makes so they won't keep me as a customer, simply because its a one-item-at-a-time purchase.
    Originally posted by Rottstein
    Originally posted by StoneRoses

This game would have been like WOW if folks stuck around.  SOE cant keep their fingers off of things.  Luckily it didnt make enough money for them to keep tinkering with it.

If they wanted it to be like WoW they would have done by now, seeing that has been the trend of trying to copy their business model.

This game was/is pretty much on life support!

• KedoremosKedoremos Member UncommonPosts: 432

I'm playing now.

Mytherio, the level 1 Sorc.

I bet this is the most concurrent users they've had since launch.

With all the bitching I did about this game I'm still surprised it plays *gasp* alright with my modern hardware.

I remember, back at launch, where if you kept the sound on it would drop your FPS down by 20 (to like, 15). That's not so anymore.

Life of an MMORPG "addict"
    For 7 years, proving that if you quote "fuck" you won't get banned.

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Okay, who killed the server?!
  • ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586
    Originally posted by Aelious
    Okay, who killed the server?!

I had to take a break, the 9999ms ping spikes and chunk restarts was killing my excitement at starting a new character.  The Isle of Dawn was much more stable than the halfling starter town (Tereth?).  

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    Originally posted by brash99

Whow, they made BOTH Qaliathari AND Disciple free to play ?!?

Thats the best race and the best class ...

Originally posted by Artymus77
    no offense to anyone but vanguard is still being played/????

So HOW is THAT not an offense ?