Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MechWarrior Online: Mech Lab for Customization Detailed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The MechWarrior Online team has published a new video developer diary to show off the customization options that players will be able to control during the game. Devs also give some hints about weapons, which ones to use and whith which Mechs. It's a great watch so check it out!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    Here's to hoping MWO will be an actual mmo and not be glorified deathmatch matches with a lobby.
  • McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    oops

• clumsytoes44clumsytoes44 Member UncommonPosts: 463
    My biggest question is, will you be able to destroy limb's or do the mech's have a singular ammount of hp? I really enjoyed in early mechwarrior game's using a fast mech with ppc's to destroy a mech's leg's without getting hit.
  • RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

It's World of Tanks with mechs. Great if you like that sort of game. Can't say much more, although that statement can be validated with previously released information so it's not really breaking NDA.

It reminds me a lot of previous mechwarrior games. Makes me wish I still had my CH Flightstick Pro, maybe I'd suck less, lol.

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230

mechwarrior online the mmorpg;

Quest; "Commander _______, you must take your 100 ton Atlas and collect ten forest boar skins and rescue the farmers children trapped by the wolves, return to me and I will reward you with this Mining pick & 1000 cp, do you except the quest y/n?

• mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444
    Originally posted by redcap036

mechwarrior online the mmorpg;

Quest; "Commander _______, you must take your 100 ton Atlas and collect ten forest boar skins and rescue the farmers children trapped by the wolves, return to me and I will reward you with this Mining pick & 1000 cp, do you except the quest y/n?

y

--------
    "Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
    Front: UNO Chemistry Club
    Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions

• volttvoltt Member UncommonPosts: 432
    Originally posted by clumsytoes44
    My biggest question is, will you be able to destroy limb's or do the mech's have a singular ammount of hp? I really enjoyed in early mechwarrior game's using a fast mech with ppc's to destroy a mech's leg's without getting hit.

Yes arms and legs can be blown off. Each point of the mech has different armor values, wich you can modify how you want

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    ign has beta keys
  • DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521
    Originally posted by Czanrei
    Here's to hoping MWO will be an actual mmo and not be glorified deathmatch matches with a lobby.

It's not an MMO.  Think more along the lines of Global Agenda

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by Czanrei

well if you remember the multiplayer in the older mech games think of that just better..

Yes at the moment its just basically a deathmatch with a capture point as well, but they will be adding more game types. This is not a mmorpg, but it is awesome fun :)