Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Inspiring thread on VG Forums

The guy is talking about how the combat in Vanguard could be more exciting and how classes can have different ways to be played. 

http://forums.station.sony.com/vg/posts/list.m?topic_id=57980

If Vanguard had this it would be much better. I played Vanguard for 2 years. 

Comments

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    there was an AA system long ago that was scrapped because SOE pretty much put the game on maintenance mode. They already have that system in design and some code from what i recall vets would be able to answer that better then myself. But I think they at some point will work on that again which is similiar
  • JohabohaJohaboha Member Posts: 20
    There are plenty of games with "skill trees" out there, leave the classes alone VG has some of the most interesting from what I remember. Some of the other stuff sounds kinda nice though
  • William12William12 Member Posts: 680
    There will be an AA system.  One of the producers said in the webcast he plans to add it hopefully.
  • brash99brash99 Member UncommonPosts: 94
    Originally posted by InFlamestwo

The guy is talking about 

I am curious, why are you saying "this guy" has an "inspiring thread" -- are you saying that is NOT your own thread that you are patting yourself on the back for ..??

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662
    Originally posted by brash99
    Originally posted by InFlamestwo

The guy is talking about 

I am curious, why are you saying "this guy" has an "inspiring thread" -- are you saying that is NOT your own thread that you are patting yourself on the back for ..??

He's a friend of mine, we like playing games and we like to discuss games and how they could be better etc. It's both of our tips we have discussed, he posted it on his account and then told me to spread it.

I'm bipolar.

• brash99brash99 Member UncommonPosts: 94

Wait, what does biploar have to do with anything here? Or is bipolar supposed to explain somehow why you and your "friend" are really the exact same person (maybe explains the "i'm pretty psychological myself" post)   

And you also said in another thread that you think Wow is a much better game than Vanguard, which I guess explains why you want to make Vanguard more like WoW?   Personally I think people who prefer  the new "action" rpg style games, should play those games, instead of trying to turn a very unique non-mainstream game into just another mainstream title.

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662
    Originally posted by brash99

Wait, what does biploar have to do with anything here? Or is bipolar supposed to explain somehow why you and your "friend" are really the exact same person (maybe explains the "i'm pretty psychological myself" post)   

And you also said in another thread that you think Wow is a much better game than Vanguard, which I guess explains why you want to make Vanguard more like WoW?   Personally I think people who prefer  the new "action" rpg style games, should play those games, instead of trying to turn a very unique non-mainstream game into just another mainstream title.

I think Vanguard has the worst combat in any mmorpg up to date. Tera, EQ, GW2, AoC, Tera, Allods, TSW etc all of them have more exciting combat, though GW2, TSW and Tera has the most exciting of them all. I'm not saying WoW is better in combat, i'm saying most mmorpgs offers better combat than Vanguard. Though Vanguard has some exciting combat features which i think are awesome, like the chain skills.

Vanguard won't win new players if it has the combat it has right now. Veterans playing VG now might, but that's a minority and i doubt they would leave VG for an improvement. Even if they disgrace it.

And yes by Bipolar i'm saying im the same person.