Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Todays Update notes

Here is the link to todays notes ALLOT of changes...

http://forums.station.sony.com/vg/posts/list.m?topic_id=57981

If they keep this up they just might pull this FTP thing off

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

VG is ftp 1 week early?

General

SOE is still having maintenance today so its not possible to see the matrix yet
  • DeadlyneDeadlyne Member UncommonPosts: 232
    There were a lot of bug fixes in that patch, thats definitely promising.  Looks like a huge buff for the warriors too. 

Just to question the philosophy. Army of Socrates.

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    Someone has raided the vaults of Finch and many of his precious belongings have been spread around the world.
    • In almost every area there is a chance you can find a locked chest requiring a certain number of keys to open
    • Sometimes an npc will drop one of Finch's lockboxes
    • Each of these lockboxes can grant the player a special mount, pet, or powerful weapon from Finch's vault.
    • Keys can be found on the marketplace

lol sorry i couldnt help but laugh at these notes , everything else seems cool but that is your typical SOE at work there.
  • JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Member UncommonPosts: 342
    Originally posted by cronius77
    Someone has raided the vaults of Finch and many of his precious belongings have been spread around the world.
    • In almost every area there is a chance you can find a locked chest requiring a certain number of keys to open
    • Each of these lockboxes can grant the player a special mount, pet, or powerful weapon from Finch's vault.

lol sorry i couldnt help but laugh at these notes , everything else seems cool but that is your typical SOE at work there.

Gotta make money somehow I guess...LOL  Guess it's like the STO lockboxes

the sad thing is how many players will buy endless keys for a mount when you can probably buy one just outright cheaper on the marketplace or do like most everyone else and just get one from in game
  • Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

Is it just me or has this maintenance being going on for quite some time now? I guess I could always download the trial client and let it update. If it works.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    Originally posted by Methos12

Is it just me or has this maintenance being going on for quite some time now? I guess I could always download the trial client and let it update. If it works.

its an 8 hour maintenance today from 9 am est to 5pm est or 6am to 3pm pst

• ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586
    Originally posted by Methos12

its an 8 hour maintenance today from 9 am est to 5pm est or 6am to 3pm pst

Ah thanks, I been periodically trying to log in but couldn't connect to the world server.  There is no expected uptime or patch notes on the launcher, and the link to website just shows down for maintenance.

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662
    How many hours till servers are up again? nice to see Vanguard go F2P earlier though. Created a Paladin just before the patch on a Trial account haha.

• HeafstaggHeafstagg Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Originally posted by Nadia

VG is ftp 1 week early?

General

So does this mean that we can make any class with any race now? Or is it still really limited?

2.5 hours away but its not supposed to go free to play til next week so not sure if its going to come on early for free to play or not . If it doesnt trial accounts still work im sure.
  • InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662
    I want a Gnome Dread Knight or a Kurasha Rogue :))

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes Status Update: The Vanguard servers are not expected to reopen until 4:00 PM PDT. We will keep you informed if further changes in the status are needed. [Zatozia]

there you go another hour delay so far

• ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586
    Originally posted by Heafstagg 

So does this mean that we can make any class with any race now? Or is it still really limited?

All the combinations were available when I tried to make a character during this maintenance.  Some locked races were capped at level 20 though.

Originally posted by Heafstagg
    Originally posted by Nadia
    • Race and class restrictions have been removed

it means you can mix and match any race/class --- theres still locked classes tho

Free classes:
    Warrior, Rogue, Monk, Cleric, Disciple, Sorcerer, Necromancer

Free Races:
    Thestran, Halfling, Kojani, Half-Elf, Qaliathari, Mordebi

EDIT: I dont know for sure

• MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712
    Originally posted by InFlamestwo
    How many hours till servers are up again? nice to see Vanguard go F2P earlier though. Created a Paladin just before the patch on a Trial account haha.

Another 3 hours to go.

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes Chris, the version on the Marketplace is just appearance only. [Zatozia]

that was a direct question i asked about the marketplace on FB so not sure what to make of it , it sounds like the marketplace is appearance only for the week until free to play starts on the 14th of the month. I was making a statement about the keys being for sale on the marketplace . So i guess you guys can assume the free to play doesnt start til the 14th still and the item shop is just added in but not yet for sale.

• Flaming_MMOFlaming_MMO Member Posts: 137
    2.5 hours away but its not supposed to go free to play til next week so not sure if its going to come on early for free to play or not . If it doesnt trial accounts still work im sure.

I think its going into effect early, I tried to login with an account with time expired yesterday and it would not let me, today I was able to login fine (just still waiting on the world server to show up)

• EverketEverket Member UncommonPosts: 244

Already? Dammit I'm still waiting for a response back from soe, cause my account is locked, probably hacked or something. And I just got an e-mail back saying they are very busy so it might take a while :(

Wanted to sub before f2p, meh.

For the rest, great news :D

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

This is the worst kind of F2P crap IMO.  If wanted to gamble I'd go to Vegas, the odds are probably better than in game anyways.

• William12William12 Member Posts: 680
    Originally posted by Everket

Already? Dammit I'm still waiting for a response back from soe, cause my account is locked, probably hacked or something. And I just got an e-mail back saying they are very busy so it might take a while :(

Wanted to sub before f2p, meh.

For the rest, great news :D

Use chat support.  Email support takes FOREVER for SOE games.  If all else call.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    If it wasn't for SOE this game would've been better than anything, but they never fixed anything until it was 50x way too late.  I do like it going f2p.  I'll be playing it, bugs and all...as long as SOE doesn't get greedy and start charging you "Breath" tokens or something.  "Oh your character needs to breath? Buy this token for $10 and you can take a single breath"...suprisingly that wouldn't suprise me lol.
    Originally posted by udon

This is the worst kind of F2P crap IMO.  If wanted to gamble I'd go to Vegas, the odds are probably better than in game anyways.

Games arn't free to develop and update let them make money and just don't buy the keys.

Originally posted by Gravarg
    If it wasn't for SOE this game would've been better than anything, but they never fixed anything until it was 50x way too late.  I do like it going f2p.  I'll be playing it, bugs and all...as long as SOE doesn't get greedy and start charging you "Breath" tokens or something.  "Oh your character needs to breath? Buy this token for $10 and you can take a single breath"...suprisingly that wouldn't suprise me lol.

Edit and delete your comment before smed reads it lol

Seriously though the game wouldn't exist without SOE no clue why people don't understand that.   Without SOE VG would of been vaporware on a long list of MMOs in beta never released.

yesterday was the last day to claim old veteran rewards

last night i tested my old acct and game client said i needed a subscription

today,

i was able to log in with my old account (even tho there are no world servers to select)

the Launchpad displays a promo to "Upgrade to Gold" and states that Vanguard is now Free to Play

seems like it will start today