Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Character Profiles Now Available

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Diablo III blog has been updated with the news that character profile sheets are now available on Battle.Net. The character sheet shows off gear, stats, progress, skills and more. It can also be shared with folks on your friends list to compare data.

View your heroes’ gear, stats, and skills. How high have you raised your characters’ attributes? What are they wielding in each slot? What are their most prominent gear bonuses? What skills comprise their current build? Nuance awaits you in the Heroes tab.

Read more on the Diablo III site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TGSOLTGSOL Member Posts: 274
    This is cool and all, but I'm not even going to theoretically contemplate going back to D3 until they fix the broken-as-heck Witch Doctor. So many useless, poorly tested (if tested at all) skills...
  • RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    D3 can start to feel a little grindy at times, but I found that as my character progressed the new power and just killing and killing and killing wasn't that bad. There is a lot of killing stuff going on and and my demon hunter whom looks like my wife might I add :-) was rockin worlds. Then I died once and had to start all over, wasn't even my fault either, game lagged on me :-(
  • CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532
    Originally posted by TGSOL
    This is cool and all, but I'm not even going to theoretically contemplate going back to D3 until they fix the broken-as-heck Witch Doctor. So many useless, poorly tested (if tested at all) skills...

Most of the classes have skills that are cute, maybe fun, but totally pointless.  That and the "all stats must be randomized" BS, were amongst what drove me away. Come on, Class specific gear with non-class stats makes sense how?

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    This is a cool idea. I always liked WoW's armory.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• mithossmithoss Member UncommonPosts: 225
    well, there you have it folks, thats the reason we have always-on in d3. i'm already feeling my gameplay being enhanced.
  • PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Wow, this is really cool. Thanks Blizzard for making the Diablo 3 experience even better!
  • NameWasTakenNameWasTaken Member Posts: 132
    Originally posted by Psychow
    Wow, this is really cool. Thanks Blizzard for making the Diablo 3 experience even better!

"making the Diablo 3 experience even better"... How?

I admit, it makes it easier to wave your epic encrusted ePeen around, but really... this has NO impact on the boring, item grind that is the entire game!

Originally posted by NameWasTaken

I admit, it makes it easier to wave your epic encrusted ePeen around, but really... this has NO impact on the boring, item grind that is the entire game!

Some people like "boring item grind". So having the armory makes it better. Just like some people playing WoW, so WoW's armory makes it better.

Some people like MMOs, so having web sites like MMORPG.com to discuss MMO's makes MMO's better.

Not everyone is closed minded and full of hate. Just sayin...

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514

Some people like "boring item grind". So having the armory makes it better. Just like some people playing WoW, so WoW's armory makes it better.

Some people like MMOs, so having web sites like MMORPG.com to discuss MMO's makes MMO's better.

open minded people like you are the reason these companies get away with their flaws . koreans protested and got there many back .while you my friend have holes in your pocket

Originally posted by lotaparty

open minded people like you are the reason these companies get away with their flaws . koreans protested and got there many back .while you my friend have holes in your pocket

I got and enjoy what I paid for.  I have over 200 hours played and am still playing. Why would I want a refund?

It'd be like buying a Mercedes, driving it for 5 years and then going back to the dealer and saying "nah...it's just not me, I want a refund..."

• GajariGajari Member Posts: 984
    Blizzard: "Here ya go! Something to distract you guys from the rest of this mess we created!"
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

I got and enjoy what I paid for.  I have over 200 hours played and am still playing. Why would I want a refund?

It'd be like buying a Mercedes, driving it for 5 years and then going back to the dealer and saying "nah...it's just not me, I want a refund..."

All I can say is you are a glutton for punishment if you put that many hours in Diablo III.  I had thousands of hours in Diablo II,   I very much doubt I made it to 50 hours with Diablo III before I shelved the game.  

The best thing about Diablo II, you could actually outfit your avatar just by playing with decent equipment.  Not so with Diablo III,  I tried not buying from the auction house, but neither drops or crafting gave me anything useful.  How can you play 40 hours and not get one decent drop?  99.99% of the people who tried this game can't, you are the .001% that can I guess.

Worst item grind of any game ever.  Worst Bizzard game by a long shot.  Horrible game IMO.

• DrigusDrigus Member CommonPosts: 50
    D3 servers are still up? I thought the game had died due to the crappy auction house.
  • jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706
    It's a cool idea, but pretty much the only thing I see things like this used for is letting players troll others about their progression.
  • mymmomymmo Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

All I can say is you are a glutton for punishment if you put that many hours in Diablo III.  I had thousands of hours in Diablo II,   I very much doubt I made it to 50 hours with Diablo III before I shelved the game.  

The best thing about Diablo II, you could actually outfit your avatar just by playing with decent equipment.  Not so with Diablo III,  I tried not buying from the auction house, but neither drops or crafting gave me anything useful.  How can you play 40 hours and not get one decent drop?  99.99% of the people who tried this game can't, you are the .001% that can I guess.

Worst item grind of any game ever.  Worst Bizzard game by a long shot.  Horrible game IMO.

You know... If you have thousends of hours in D2 then you have probably changed a bit in your real life so that games like D3/D2 dont apply as much as they did 10 years ago... ppl changes, just sayin. 

Eve online and +1500 steam games in the back cataloge makes me a stressed out gamer.
  • IndromeIndrome Member UncommonPosts: 292

Good thing I stopped playing after about a week and circa 20 to 30 hours played. Gotta get me that refund some time soon.

An armory? Seriously? If I wanted to play a WoW Alpha in isometric perspective I'd download a private server, stop installing half way through, force the .exe and lock my camera at a 30/30/30 degree angle.

(Sorry fot hate, its just... this "game"... I ... so much.)

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015
    It would be nice if they spent their time FIXING THE GAME (Read as: Get rid of the Auction House and stupid enrage timer) instead of giving us things we don't care about.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Originally posted by Indrome

Good thing I stopped playing after about a week and circa 20 to 30 hours played. Gotta get me that refund some time soon.

An armory? Seriously? If I wanted to play a WoW Alpha in isometric perspective I'd download a private server, stop installing half way through, force the .exe and lock my camera at a 30/30/30 degree angle.

(Sorry fot hate, its just... this "game"... I ... so much.)

Do you often try to get refunds on games you've happily played for 20+ hours?

I remeber back in the NES days, yes I am that old 3-4 hours were the norm though they were often artificaly hard so you spent much longer than that.  But actual unique gameplay was just a few hours. I think we often lose sight of how much entertainment we get for our $50 today.

• mithossmithoss Member UncommonPosts: 225
    if he can make a statement with his refund im all for it. d3 is the kind of travesty duke nukem forever was. forever in development, heavily hyped and ultimately a huge disappointment.
  • expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Originally posted by mithoss
    if he can make a statement with his refund im all for it. d3 is the kind of travesty duke nukem forever was. forever in development, heavily hyped and ultimately a huge disappointment.....

.... for some, as ALL games are and will always be.

Originally posted by Magnetia
    It would be nice if they spent their time FIXING THE GAME (Read as: Get rid of the Auction House and stupid enrage timer) instead of giving us things we don't care about.

Larger companies such as Blizzard can work on and release more than one thing at a time. Plus the people working on web-site enhancements are usually not the same peole working on game imrovements.

• IndromeIndrome Member UncommonPosts: 292
    Originally posted by expresso

Do you often try to get refunds on games you've happily played for 20+ hours?

I remeber back in the NES days, yes I am that old 3-4 hours were the norm though they were often artificaly hard so you spent much longer than that.  But actual unique gameplay was just a few hours. I think we often lose sight of how much entertainment we get for our $50 today.

I remember those days, too. But you can't compare 20 year old gold bars with half-a-year old car tires. Times have changed. Mechanics have been placed in modern games that artificially elongate their lifetime on the market.

And it isn't really about the time spent per money, its about finished/satisfying product per money. My quarrel is with that department.

I never "happily" played it. I gave it an honest chance trying to find ANY engaging content at all. The story wasn't it. The gameplay mechanics wasn't it. Combat was fun in the beginning but quickly lost its charm when the effective skills got old and the interesting ones were ineffective.

Then I started reading up on the RMAH and its implications and lost hope in Blizzard. I uninstalled it for good after it laying dormant on my hard drive for about one or two weeks. (Hope dies last.)