Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

YE OLDE AWAKENING MEGA THREAD

SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713

Well its now August and Awakening was originally slated for an April release if I remember correctly (If I am mistaken please let me know- Personally, I am not going to try to find the post on the "official" site).

SV had PROMISED weekly updates even if it were just to say "we are still working on X" and for a while the updates were coming- Yet in the last couple of months SV has been pretty silent about...Everything. It has been over half a year since even a small patch has been issued to fix a typo, or a dupe, or anything at all.

Is the game now in such a state of perfection that an patches are not needed?

Is SV on another secret Vacation? Is Awakening even real or is it the carrot on the stick? I remember it was going to revolutiionize gaming , bring us the fabled Tindrum and pretty well put the game on track to its full stellat sandbox potential. The hype machine was in full effect a few months ago and now...Silence.

I have been watching the news and there hasnt been a Volcano recently- So what gives?

My prdiction is this: Awakening is a total mess and has less than 1/4 of the promised content working. SV cannot make Tindrum any diffrent from any of their other towns and cities and there is really no hope in fixing any f this so SV are on Vaction again. Awakening will be released in September and will be the final nail in the coffen. Half finished, buggy and bringing more prtoblems than it fixes. The game will be ded by Christmas and SV knows it. Awakening will be released in the State it is in currently, they just want as many people to continue subbing and kow once this is released it is over.

Discuss.

Comments

• lalapoolalapoo Member Posts: 16

FFA full Loot PVP games all die a slow and paintull death, Mortal Online is no exception to this.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by lalapoo

FFA full Loot PVP games all die a slow and paintull death, Mortal Online is no exception to this.

Yeah, it's too bad that there really isn't a decent game for all these FFA full loot OW PvP fans to enjoy because there should be enough of them to support a AAA title. That way, if it failed, they only have the players to blame.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Here are the updates from the last couple of months:

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/focus-group-update-9.75536/

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/focus-group-update-10.75662/

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/focus-group-update-11.75776/

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/focus-group-update-12.76046/

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/focus-group-update-13.76344/

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/quotes-from-awakening.75760/

"Silence" is an exaggeration, but we'd all like to have more information.

In their last update from July 13th, they pretty clearly stated:

"We are not going to have many more updates between now and the release of Awakening. We are however going to give one large last update regarding some of the Awakening content and the “new age” coming to Nave."

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713
    Originally posted by Norpan

[mod edit]

I am actually not a hater. I was a supporter who left based on corruption, no updates and a sandbox without much sand.

Has there been any of the promised weekly updates in the last couple months? Has ther been any patches?

Please, I want to discuss this and not call names [mod edit] I want to discuss the facts. I know Volcanos and Natural disasters can cause problems with SV development but I havnt heard of much lately.

So please- Lets discuss my points and not call names. Yes, I am guessing MO will be gone by December. Thats my guess and I am enrtilted to it- What are your predictions? [mod edit]

Originally posted by Rohn

"We are not going to have many more updates between now and the release of Awakening. We are however going to give one large last update regarding some of the Awakening content and the “new age” coming to Nave."

Thank you- The problem is these just look like screenshots and "quotes" about the greatness. Not really saying whats being worked on hence not really an update IMHO (I could be way off base- As my opinion of an update is probably different than yours) But to promise something and then say "well, nomore updates until 1 big one" breaks the original promise.

Anyhow, I do appreciate your post and wasnt even aware of some of this- Thanks.

What are your predicions? Do you think its going to be a success?

• NorpanNorpan Member CommonPosts: 319
    Originally posted by SaintPhilip

Boy a hater makes another hate thread about MO decay and the end of SV... YAWN!!! Next...

I am actually not a hater. I was a supporter who left based on corruption, no updates and a sandbox without much sand.

Has there been any of the promised weekly updates in the last couple months? Has ther been any patches?

Please, I want to discuss this and not call names. [mod edit] I want to discuss the facts. I know Volcanos and Natural disasters can cause problems with SV development but I havnt heard of much lately.

So please- Lets discuss my points and not call names. Yes, I am guessing MO will be gone by December. Thats my guess and I am enrtilted to it- What are your predictions? [mod edit]

[mod edit] You know the answer to that. EVERY1 that follows MO knows there hasn´t been any update for 6 months cause they are working on Awakening. So please stop pretending that you don´t know. You just posted a ironic post about that in another thread here...

Most people that care about the game don´t care that it takes time. Yes, it sux to wait, but most would rather have a less buggy expansion then a complete mess. It won´t be bug free. They are 5 peeps after all working on the expansion. It´s not like SV have a 300 man crew and are on a "secret vacation" that you also pull outa dark places. So please....

Boy a hater makes another hate thread about MO decay and the end of SV... YAWN!!! Next...

Please, I want to discuss this and not call names. I am not calling you a blind and foolish fanboy because I do not KNOW YOU (as you do not know me)- I want to discuss the facts. I know Volcanos and Natural disasters can cause problems with SV development but I havnt heard of much lately.

So please- Lets discuss my points and not call names. Yes, I am guessing MO will be gone by December. Thats my guess and I am enrtilted to it- What are your predictions? I wont make fun of them or call you names.

[mod edit] You know the answer to that. EVERY1 that follows MO knows there hasn´t been any update for 6 months cause they are working on Awakening. So please stop pretending that you don´t know. You just posted a ironic post about that in another thread here...

Most people that care about the game don´t care that it takes time. Yes, it sux to wait, but most would rather have a less buggy expansion then a complete mess. It won´t be bug free. They are 5 peeps after all working on the expansion. It´s not like SV have a 300 man crew and are on a "secret vacation" that you also pull outa dark places. So please....

[mod edit]

How loing have you played? SV have taken these vactions often and evenleft the server down while claiming the Swedish law prevented them from working.

I know things take time and its been 2+ years my friend. Thigs from dawn (genetics) are still not in and that was promised a year ago. I know their team is small but they charge more than a AAA game so their income should be much higher per person. Things take time is fine and good but not even one small patch for a bug fix in 7-8 months and the excuse is the "HUGE AWAKENING XPAC" which was suposed to be out in April.

What is your sub paying for?

What is your ppresdiction since we are discussing the future of awakening and SV.

EDIT: excuse typos, my keyboard is hit and mouse broken (I am using 'mouse keys) and I dont know how to right click =/

I am asking your prediction for the coming Xpac and future of SV. I will be geting a new mouse/keyboard in the next couple hours. =P

Please, I want to discuss this and not call names. I am not calling you a blind and foolish fanboy because I do not KNOW YOU (as you do not know me)- I want to discuss the facts. I know Volcanos and Natural disasters can cause problems with SV development but I havnt heard of much lately.

So please- Lets discuss my points and not call names. Yes, I am guessing MO will be gone by December. Thats my guess and I am enrtilted to it- What are your predictions? I wont make fun of them or call you names.

[mod edit]

How loing have you played? SV have taken these vactions often and evenleft the server down while claiming the Swedish law prevented them from working.

I know things take time and its been 2+ years my friend. Thigs from dawn (genetics) are still not in and that was promised a year ago. I know their team is small but they charge more than a AAA game so their income should be much higher per person. Things take time is fine and good but not even one small patch for a bug fix in 7-8 months and the excuse is the "HUGE AWAKENING XPAC" which was suposed to be out in April.

What is your ppresdiction since we are discussing the future of awakening and SV.

EDIT: excuse typos, my keyboard is hit and mouse broken (I am using 'mouse keys) and I dont know how to right click =/

I am asking your prediction for the coming Xpac and future of SV. I will be geting a new mouse/keyboard in the next couple hours. =P

SV and MO has made it this far, even though you doomsayers said that it will only last 6 months. Then a year. Then a 1.5 year, and now you predict it will end around christmas. I think you will have to bite the dust once more. MO will still be here after new years eve.

And I´ve played MO since BETA. And there is alot to do ingame now in the wait for Awakening. So my sub is paying for me to to set up a Alchemist atm and also gathering mats etc to stack up. The game ain´t unplayable. Not by a long shot. Theres bugs, but none of them that ruins any of my gameplay. Yes, you can get stuck, but usually get help within minutes of reporting it etc.

And I rather see SV take their time on Awakening, and get it out as bug free as possible, even though there will be bugs. But they aren´t alone to release expansions with bugs. If Awakening delivers, which I believe it will, it will give SV some breathing space, and hopefully enough new subs so they could hire some more people, and get patches out faster in the future. Now we have to live with them being so few, but they are doing a great job for being that few.

• SHOE788SHOE788 Member Posts: 700

[mod edit]

SV and MO has made it this far, even though you doomsayers said that it will only last 6 months. Then a year. Then a 1.5 year, and now you predict it will end around christmas. I think you will have to bite the dust once more. MO will still be here after new years eve.

And I´ve played MO since BETA. And there is alot to do ingame now in the wait for Awakening. So my sub is paying for me to to set up a Alchemist atm and also gathering mats etc to stack up. The game ain´t unplayable. Not by a long shot. Theres bugs, but none of them that ruins any of my gameplay. Yes, you can get stuck, but usually get help within minutes of reporting it etc.

And I rather see SV take their time on Awakening, and get it out as bug free as possible, even though there will be bugs. But they aren´t alone to release expansions with bugs. If Awakening delivers, which I believe it will, it will give SV some breathing space, and hopefully enough new subs so they could hire some more people, and get patches out faster in the future. Now we have to live with them being so few, but they are doing a great job for being that few.

There are many games developed with less and turned out better so I disagree that they are doing a "great job".

If MO was left to the free market and not being pumped with Henriks Dad's funds, then it would already be gone.

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

EVE pretty much invalidates that theory.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• CroniteLoreCroniteLore Member Posts: 99

[mod edit]

Exactly!  It's all boom and doom ovre here for Mortal - just as well they don't pay attention to this board - they might have have given up by now. The Awakening will be here sooner or later, yes it does suck to wait and yes there will no doubt be bugs but we're used to that and I for one think it'll be worth the wait =P

"In MO, even the haters are hardcore!" - ltank

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    Originally posted by CroniteLore

[mod edit]

Exactly!  It's all boom and doom ovre here for Mortal - just as well they don't pay attention to this board - they might have have given up by now. The Awakening will be here sooner or later, yes it does suck to wait and yes there will no doubt be bugs but we're used to that and I for one think it'll be worth the wait =P

i think im going to have fun with awakening come release, even if its a horrible mess its going to either be hilarous or a good patch, either way im not missing it for anything. :)

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

100% not true at all.  The biggest problem with most ffa full loot pvp games have been the companies making them...its usally a small unknown company.  That said, look at Darkfall...its still kicking and with the changes they made about a month ago, the games population has gone nuts.  If you take a top dev such as Blizzard, Trion Worlds, NC Soft, etc. and they put the time in a ffa pvp full loot game it would do great.  The problem is, its a risk and thats why the big guys stick to what they know works. 

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    Originally posted by Rohn

Thank you- The problem is these just look like screenshots and "quotes" about the greatness. Not really saying whats being worked on hence not really an update IMHO (I could be way off base- As my opinion of an update is probably different than yours) But to promise something and then say "well, nomore updates until 1 big one" breaks the original promise.

Anyhow, I do appreciate your post and wasnt even aware of some of this- Thanks.

What are your predicions? Do you think its going to be a success?

No problem, happy to clear up the misconception.

By the way, there are some indications we'll be hearing more soon:

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/calm-before-the-storm.76745/page-6#post-1342310

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

A statement on the delay has been made the SV.  It can be found in this thread (I think second page):  http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/expansion.76937/

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045

Pretty sure they will release by Thurs because that is when the next Financial Report is due.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• FastSlothFastSloth Member Posts: 132
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188

A statement on the delay has been made the SV.  It can be found in this thread (I think second page):  http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/expansion.76937/

Why isn't there a single non-ridiculous announcement ever made by SV?

Originally posted by Theia
    Ok Yosdiel.

We have some game breaking bugs on Test right now as well as some DB issues.

It's normal to have these sorts of problems and resolution of them is in line of sight but we're simply not quite ready to launch yet. Henrik was honestly trying and driving for early this week. We have said we will launch as soon as we can, and trust me, to your point about using bugs as an excuse, I promise you (faithfully) that we will launch with bugs, and a lot of them but (we hope) no game breakers.

The Focus Group is now restricted to Meduli because so much new content is in and we don't want any spoilers, even for the Focus Group guys. SV are trying very hard to deliver on promises made for this expansion, all of them, every single one.

Will launch be a white knuckle ride for the Community, SV and Support? I am 100% certain that it will. I'm also pretty sure it'll be awesome too!

SV will however, of course (have to) remove the really serious issues before we do, finally, get our expansion.

T

Thanks

1. Yea it's normal. For SV. And not only on Test. :D

2. "He's hoooonestly trying!" This defence stance was brought to you by the basic assumption that Henrik is usually a liar. But this time he was hoooonestly trying.

3. Stuff outside of Meduli won't be tested.

4. But that's okay because the area is still empty anyway.

5. They are really trying. Hoooonestly. On every single promise. Like the boxset. Or anything. Ever. ("I said they were trying, not that they would achieve that!" / "It was an inofficial announcement!")

6. I see. Thanks for the honesty. Everything has been awesome, is awesome, and will always be awesome. Nothing to see, walk along.

"And why are you so impatient? Of course, naturally, it's the order of things, that SV has to do this and that first.[mod edit]

Pretty sure they will release by Thurs because that is when the next Financial Report is due.

This is what I´ve thought all along. Hey Slapshot. I agree with ya!!! ;) Are you going to test it when it comes? If you are, will you wait til they sorted bugs out that will come with Awakening or test it from the get go?

• FastSlothFastSloth Member Posts: 132
    Originally posted by FastSloth

Why isn't there a single non-ridiculous announcement ever made by SV?

Originally posted by Theia
    Ok Yosdiel.

We have some game breaking bugs on Test right now as well as some DB issues.

It's normal to have these sorts of problems and resolution of them is in line of sight but we're simply not quite ready to launch yet. Henrik was honestly trying and driving for early this week. We have said we will launch as soon as we can, and trust me, to your point about using bugs as an excuse, I promise you (faithfully) that we will launch with bugs, and a lot of them but (we hope) no game breakers.

The Focus Group is now restricted to Meduli because so much new content is in and we don't want any spoilers, even for the Focus Group guys. SV are trying very hard to deliver on promises made for this expansion, all of them, every single one.

Will launch be a white knuckle ride for the Community, SV and Support? I am 100% certain that it will. I'm also pretty sure it'll be awesome too!

SV will however, of course (have to) remove the really serious issues before we do, finally, get our expansion.

T

Thanks

1. Yea it's normal. For SV. And not only on Test. :D

2. "He's hoooonestly trying!" This defence stance was brought to you by the basic assumption that Henrik is usually a liar. But this time he was hoooonestly trying.

3. Stuff outside of Meduli won't be tested.

4. But that's okay because the area is still empty anyway.

5. They are really trying. Hoooonestly. On every single promise. Like the boxset. Or anything. Ever. ("I said they were trying, not that they would achieve that!" / "It was an inofficial announcement!")

6. I see. Thanks for the honesty. Everything has been awesome, is awesome, and will always be awesome. Nothing to see, walk along.

"And why are you so impatient? Of course, naturally, it's the order of things, that SV has to do this and that first. If you don't understand that you're STOOPID. Btw what's your CC number again?"

Wow... Nice way to twist and shout out nonsense from Theias post. I´m impressed on how much you just pull from dark places and try hard to make out as facts. But your at least trying. Honestly... Nothing to see here. Just another hater trying to sound cool. Move along.

LOL, I'd say only one of us sounds like he's filled with hate, and I'm feeling rather magically happy tonight. ;D

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

This is what I´ve thought all along. Hey Slapshot. I agree with ya!!! ;) Are you going to test it when it comes? If you are, will you wait til they sorted bugs out that will come with Awakening or test it from the get go?

i beleive he isnt allowed to play MO after what happened with him back in beta but i doubt sv could really stop him from making an account under a different name since it was so long ago. If slapshot is really the person everyone thinks he is.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

GW2 launches Saturday so it's highly unlikely.  I have a new PC so would have to download the game from scratch.  Not much of a chance I will go through the horror of that patcher again.

Originally posted by deathshroud

i beleive he isnt allowed to play MO after what happened with him back in beta but i doubt sv could really stop him from making an account under a different name since it was so long ago. If slapshot is really the person everyone thinks he is.

Ohh, and who would that be? I think I actually saw Slap on a trial ingame after BETA. Think he posted about it here om MO forums. But could be wrong.

GW2 launches Saturday so it's highly unlikely.  I have a new PC so would have to download the game from scratch.  Not much of a chance I will go through the horror of that patcher again.

Yeah, if your up for GW2 I guess MO ain´t for you. I preordered and BETA-tested it, but found it just as boring as every other themepark MMO I´ve tried lately. Nothing new to me. I liked TSW for it´s story and settings, but the PVP and so called endgame was boring as hell. I keep on coming back to MO cause even though it´s broken etc, it´s still the most exciting MMO out there. I just hope they get the money etc to hire more peeps and getting able to deliver the game that most of us hoped for, and that they´ve teased us with. I think Awakening is, if not their last chance to turn it around, so at least one of the last. But have fun in GW2.

Edit. But if you do get around to test it. Then it would be nice to hear what you thought. Also, I never had any problem with the patcher, and to me it´s a mystery why some have it. So have faith. It can work for you to some day. ;)

• BrixonBrixon Member UncommonPosts: 259

"Will launch be a white knuckle ride for the Community, SV and Support? I am 100% certain that it will."

Wow you have to repect the honesty. Good luck to all you MO fans, I hope they deliver the game you have been waiting for.