Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Elder Scrolls Online isn't getting a lot of hype

Syno23Syno23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,360

Perhaps more hype and fansites will be out in the future. But for right now, I just don't see this game clicking. I don't understand why first of all the title, and second of all they really need to make some improvements to make this game better than other MMOs like WoW and Guild Wars.

Comments

• KingGatorKingGator Member UncommonPosts: 428

You watch, elder scrolls is going to be a solid offering, I am basing this totally off karma as we know nothing much about the game, all we knew for sure is that butt hurt regular elder scrolls fan feels betrayed because it doesn't have fps wackamole combat

and as such flames it none stop. 

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788

Well being someone who played morrowind, oblivion, and skyrim i think by making an elders scrolls game that isn't an elders scrolls game was a bad idea. Regardless of wether or not it is a good game it will not be what it should be. I hope it is good but am dissapointed regardless. I think they set themselves up badly with this one. 

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

ever since Zenimx announced the game they got ( and still are getting) a lot of flak from both, lovers of TES that dont want their favourite rpg to be tainted by the onslaught of online ass hats, and the mmo crowd that are sick of WoW clones and have no stomach for one more generic theme park WoW clone.

personaly i think they should just scrap the whoe TES branding and just call it something else, ANYTHING else would probably be a better name TESO at this point.

• Syno23Syno23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,360

Exactly, at the very least, calling it TES VI: Raggorot Online. And improve the graphics. That'll at least be a start. But yeah, we' haven't see n the gameplay yet, so this game could end up like LOTRO.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

The only hype I have seen for this game has been all the folks complaining about it.  From the engine to the subject matter and what not.  For some reason there is a lot of hate over this, and I yet to see anything from the teso guys that makes me go you know what I might follow this game.

It could be a sleeper and come in and surprise us all, but there sure is a lot of negativity around the game.

• 5thofFikus5thofFikus Member Posts: 50

Gamers are united on this one.

• Garvon3Garvon3 Member CommonPosts: 2,898
    Originally posted by KingGator

You watch, elder scrolls is going to be a solid offering, I am basing this totally off karma as we know nothing much about the game, all we knew for sure is that butt hurt regular elder scrolls fan feels betrayed because it doesn't have fps wackamole combat

and as such flames it none stop. 

It's get a negative response because in all the previews the developers keep talking about how many features from WoW they're using, and every MMO in the past that has done that has been awful.

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

this game is going to be a disaster zone on an epic level and for those who say we dont know anything about the game, yes we do.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• gravesworngravesworn Member Posts: 324
    Maybe if it flops we can get a skyrim multiplayer like we wanted lol.
  • BigCountryBigCountry Member Posts: 478

it's not getting a lot of hype because its not skyrim online. it's a wow clone with tes story/art. noone will play that to be quite honest. why would they?

BigCountry | Head Hunters | www.wefarmpeople.com

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

Theres very little info or videos to get hype about.

The graphic designs looks like a 2007 MMO. 

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• gravesworngravesworn Member Posts: 324
    This may not be what people want to hear but TESO would be a perfect sandbox-esque setting.
  • LucioonLucioon Member UncommonPosts: 819
    Originally posted by gravesworn
    This may not be what people want to hear but TESO would be a perfect sandbox-esque setting.

Actually thats exactly what everyone wanted to hear, we wanted TESO to be a sandbox-esque game, but too bad, it was already stated multiple times that TESO will be a themepark game. So that hope already dies long time ago.

Life is a Maze, so make sure you bring your GPS incase you get lost in it.

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Originally posted by DaezAster

Well being someone who played morrowind, oblivion, and skyrim i think by making an elders scrolls game that isn't an elders scrolls game was a bad idea. Regardless of wether or not it is a good game it will not be what it should be. I hope it is good but am dissapointed regardless. I think they set themselves up badly with this one. 

Was World of Warcraft like Warcraft 1, 2 or 3?

Things don't always have to be the same to be a successful, great game.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    Originally posted by wormed

Someone hasnt played the Rexxar Campaign.

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• LucioonLucioon Member UncommonPosts: 819
    Originally posted by wormed

You are comparing an RTS that turned into an RPG, While The Elder Scrolls is already an RPG, the only thing missing is the Multiplayer values.

Before Warcraft came out, I was very excited about the very notion of them turning RTS into an RPG, I might not be alone in this, and so when it first came out, I was very excited to try it out and see how different and similiar it is.

Its quite different for The Elder Scrolls, Since we already knows what it looks like in an RPG, we just want to know what it looks like in an Multiplayer RPG.

Life is a Maze, so make sure you bring your GPS incase you get lost in it.

• newbinatornewbinator Member Posts: 780
    There is nothing to get hyped about. There's almost no info or gameplay footage.
  • eGumballeGumball Member Posts: 151
    It is kinda hard to get attention without any further information about their game, while Guild Wars 2 and WoW are launching soon.  Though information, only, won´t be enough .. players need '' interesting '' info.
  • ColdrenColdren Member UncommonPosts: 495

I think it's a combination of 2 things:

1) We know some details, but not a whole lot, and we've seen no gameplay - Just a world fly-through.

2) People are FAR more obssessed about what it ISN'T rather than what it IS. It is NOT Skyrim online, and that is what they focus on, so they dismiss it.

I'm betting it will be a solid MMO, DAoC 2 with the lore of the Elder Scrolls. That's just fine for me.

• ThemePorkThemePork Member Posts: 312
    Originally posted by Coldren

I think it's a combination of 2 things:

1) We know some details, but not a whole lot, and we've seen no gameplay - Just a world fly-through.

2) People are FAR more obssessed about what it ISN'T rather than what it IS. It is NOT Skyrim online, and that is what they focus on, so they dismiss it.

I'm betting it will be a solid MMO, DAoC 2 with the lore of the Elder Scrolls. That's just fine for me.

I'd also add that all the hype slaves out there are currently occupied with GW2. Once the fad passes, I'm sure TESO will get it's fare share of hysterical anticipation.

• newbinatornewbinator Member Posts: 780
    Originally posted by Coldren

That would be pure win. Though I won't speculate on that. I'd love to have an RvR centric MMO.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Call me crazy, but I think that is intentional. I think the developer is down playing features until closer to launch.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150
    Its a game we have all played before. It is just a cash in on a popular name. You take TES title off this game and it wouldnt sell a fraction of the copies. We forum dwellers are a little more informed than the ones who do not follow like us, theres going to be a massive number of box sales from the people who see TES game and buy it on w whim, and ohh how they are going to be pissed.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

A friend of mine who is really into TES games and who absolutely loved Morrowind said "No, it sounds awful and I'll be playing GW2 anyway".

I haven't done much research on it myself as I wouldn't consider myself a hardcore TES fan.

• Billybob2006Billybob2006 Member Posts: 47

I can't say I am following closely, but whenever I see news from the devs on this game, I get less and less excited about it.  The little information that is out there makes this game nothing to get excited about and even makes me a little upset that a developer would put so little effort into making a game and hoping that the IP would sell the titles.  As a gamer, I do hope of course that they wow me in the comming months.  

Unfortunately, its a fantasy themepark that is not trying to be innovative.  We have that already, its called Rift or even go to WoW, if you don't like that GW2 is coming out soon...and then there is LOTRO which is even f2p.  If you want a game that is several years too late and does not try to improve the genre at all, then TESO seems to be what you want.  

Again, I hope I'm wrong.  A good TES mmo would be amazing, but I don't see TESO as being that good TES mmo.