Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where did you have the most fun?

Comments

• otinanai123otinanai123 Member Posts: 265
    Originally posted by Vladamyre
    Originally posted by wr036
    For all of you saying DAoC, you should definitely check out uthgard.net. Shameless plug, but they offer an Old Frontiers, pre-ToA game. Currently it's just Classic, but I think they plan on adding Shrouded Isles as well. They ban people using buffbots, it's free, there's no /level 20 or anything. It's really like the original game and it's fairly populated, much like the mid-populated DAoC servers of old. Population peaks for EU primetime, where there are around 400-500 players, US primetime there seems to be around 200.

That server is pretty cool. Going to play more on it later on.

Uthgard is very fun until you hit level 50 and rr 4l2. Then you get to either fight the big boys (rr10+ groups) which will destroy you every single time or grind guard tasks (aka take undefended keeps while hiding from the big boys) for 2-3 years until you are ready to compete in 8v8. 

• otinanai123otinanai123 Member Posts: 265
    Originally posted by evolver1972

GW2 BWE2, so far.  BWE3 was a little on the easy side, which i've heard they fixed, so I'm expecting release to be BWE2 difficulty with BWE3 pacing.  To me, that = perfect.

GW1 (my first "MMO" experience) and LoTRO were also a bunch of fun for me, but GW2 blows them both away, IMO.

So your best MMO experience lasted 2 days? so sad...

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118
    Originally posted by otinanai123
    Originally posted by evolver1972

GW2 BWE2, so far.  BWE3 was a little on the easy side, which i've heard they fixed, so I'm expecting release to be BWE2 difficulty with BWE3 pacing.  To me, that = perfect.

GW1 (my first "MMO" experience) and LoTRO were also a bunch of fun for me, but GW2 blows them both away, IMO.

So your best MMO experience lasted 2 days? so sad...

Not really sad when it showed me what to expect.  It also shows how fun that game is. 

I probably should have been more clear, though.  Overall, the GW2 BWEs in general have been my best experience with BWE2 being the pinnacle.  So, it's about 6 days.  :P

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121

UO

Just started out and thought I could handle an Ogre, got killed and spent close to 1 - 2 hours trying to get my stuff back from him. Kept yelling at my older brother to help me figure out how to beat him. Haha fun times.

• VladamyreVladamyre Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Originally posted by otinanai123
    Originally posted by wr036
    For all of you saying DAoC, you should definitely check out uthgard.net. Shameless plug, but they offer an Old Frontiers, pre-ToA game. Currently it's just Classic, but I think they plan on adding Shrouded Isles as well. They ban people using buffbots, it's free, there's no /level 20 or anything. It's really like the original game and it's fairly populated, much like the mid-populated DAoC servers of old. Population peaks for EU primetime, where there are around 400-500 players, US primetime there seems to be around 200.

That server is pretty cool. Going to play more on it later on.

Uthgard is very fun until you hit level 50 and rr 4l2. Then you get to either fight the big boys (rr10+ groups) which will destroy you every single time or grind guard tasks (aka take undefended keeps while hiding from the big boys) for 2-3 years until you are ready to compete in 8v8. 

Before the Shrouded Isles expansion came out I was killing a RR9 Armsman with my RR4 hero. His name was Phos.

In a world of sharp knives, you would be a spoon.

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786

It is always more about the people to me.

I think the most fun I had was playing WoW with my wife, before we were married and had children.  It was vanilla WoW and I have not played that game in over 5 years.

I still like MMOs but it is different now, becuase I don't have the same type of friends and the same type of playstyle. 

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Everquest 2 the first 2 years after release before SoE turned it into a WoW clone.

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964
    Originally posted by Mari2k

DARK AGE OF motherf***ing CAMELOT !!!!

then much much below, WoW and SWG.

How could I forget DAoC in my list :(

I remember playing this game for the first time and thought the characters that we played had the best looking capes than any other mmorpg out at that time (LOL) Then I discovered RvR which was simply awesome! Good Stuff most definitely.

• galoarigaloari Member UncommonPosts: 72

Dark Age of Camelot!

'01- early '04 !

I had more fun those 3 years of DAoC than all the years of WoW.

• Cole11Cole11 Member Posts: 8

FFXI 2004-2009

• fonoifonoi Member UncommonPosts: 56
    Asherons call for sure. I remember trying to run from nanto to shoushi and getting killed repeatedly, finally made it and was so elated. When you had to run to other towns to get supplies because no one town sold them all, when you had to create spells, spell economy, towns and the wonderdful playerbase!
  • Bl4ck3nDBl4ck3nD Member UncommonPosts: 114
    UO pre tram, all the role playing freedom I wanted come to life in a virtual world
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Several answers to that question.

Lineage 1 - summer of 2002  - Well, you know, because it was my first. 

DAOC - 2002 - 2004 - Best time ever probably in any MMORPG

WOW - 2004 -2006 - With the arrival of BC my time in WOW was over

EVE - 2008 - 2010 - I had more free time then, and really enjoyed living in the EVE universe

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• RoxetteRoxette Member UncommonPosts: 56
    It sounds maybe strange to a lot of people but for me it was Aion. Played it  from prelaunch till about 2 months ago, when I took Tera. Aion kept me so long in game because of its fun factor, the tension of being banged in a pvp ambush and the hunting for the other party groupwise. I will miss the game but its time to move on. Tera is nice and GW2 is coming.

Played: Guild Wars, AoC, Lotro, CoH, Warhammer, Tabula Ras, Spellborn, Second Life, Rift, Aion, Tera.
    Playing: Guild Wars 2, WoT

• GrixxittGrixxitt Member UncommonPosts: 545

Ultima Online.

I set up a thriving assasin business where people would go online, drop me a name and some money as a retainer, and I would hunt down players (sometimes for days) and kill them. Then I would take a screenshot of the dead body, cut it up with my knife, and trade the head for the remainder of my payment. 

Later I helped run the darker side of a very busy Arms/Armor/Poisoning/Alchy shop with my neighbor the smith, and trained new guys how to PvP (for a price of course).

No game I've played since offered me this kind of freedom, and no game I've played since gave me a sense of community or true role-playing (although EQ, DAOC and Darkfall came damn close, in their own ways)

The above is my personal opinion. Anyone displaying a view contrary to my opinion is obviously WRONG and should STHU. (neener neener)

-The MMO Forum Community

• PalladinPalladin Member UncommonPosts: 430

Sad to say vanilla WOW before BGs

Back in those days it was all about open world PVP with nothing but vanilla gear from what ever dungeon you were running. PvP was so much more fun before specialized PvP gear was introduced. There were not supre rogues with one shot kills. If you ask me BGs and arenas ruined PvP in any game they are introduced in.

Gear from arenas and BGs should never be allowed in open world pvp.

AMD Phenum II x4 3.6Ghz 975 black edition
    8 gig Ram
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 760

• gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861
    ragnarok online :x

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by fernetek

One of the most fun times I've ever had was on a World of Warcraft, more specifically when getting the achievment of killing all of the enemy faction's leaders.

Jealous.  I never actually got to kill them all because I didn't search out groups and the ones I volunteered for in Trade were incompetent at best.  :(

The time period where I had the most fun was in WoW.  Late BC early Wrath when I was meeting tons of people and being a useful tank for my guilds.  It went downhill after that.

• Insane666Insane666 Member UncommonPosts: 67

few years back in anarchy online, my biggest mmo love up to date,,

especially during a year or a year and a half period i played pretty much only my title level five ( higher mid levels ) bureaucrat pvp twink, despite having several endgame toons,,, those were the times!!

Games previously played: AO, AoC, Aion, AoW, Eve, SWTor, WaR, STO, TSW, DCUO, FE, BP, ProjectEntropia, FootballSuperstars!

• jybgessjybgess Member Posts: 355
    AC is the mmo i had the most fun playing. There was a risk if you died. I loved the quests ( the SoLL, Atlin weapons and the green mire one)and the random loot drops. Monthly updates, skill system, the spell system before split pea. If a new mmo could have these features, i would give it a try.
  • Paradigm68Paradigm68 Member UncommonPosts: 890
    SWG
  • previnprevin Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Dark Age of Camelot, the classic game and Shrouded Isles. Running my 8 man team was the most fun in any game I've ever played. Playing a hib on Lancelot was also a blast. Albs outnumbered both hibs and mids combined on that server. Hitting realm rank 8 on my hero, which was a beast class to play then. There hasn't been a game to come even remotely close to the rvr on DAoC. Guild Wars 2 comes close to it, but its still not the same. Its a damn shame that new frontiers and trials of atlantis ruined the game.

Ditto

I am tempted every now and then to give it another go.

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398
    I'd say Neocron closed beta and launch, back in the early 2k
    http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751
    UO.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Although not mmorpgs, probably AD&D Gold Box series, Bards Tale, and the Ultima series. WoW would be my most fun of mmorpgs. :)

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.