Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LFG that is a busy, busy life friendly.

EkohOneEkohOne Member Posts: 23

Here is my backstory. I work roughly 35 hours a week installing electronics into cars (Remote starts, steroes, speakers, window tint, etc.) So my job while it isnt dealthy rough, its demanding. Next, I go to school full time (12 hours) Mon-Fri , but only an hour a day each day, most days , a little longer other days. Other than that I'm married with 3 kids (dogs - they wipe their own arese). I work on weekends as well and every other Sunday.

So I'm looking for a game that is old, new, F2P, B2P, or P2P. As long as it's not P2Win. Theme of the game doesn't matter but i'm looking for something with a good active community. Can be pvp , pve I don't car but it needs to be something I can pick up here and there late nights after school and work and when the wife is knocked out sleep. During odd times during the day. Weekends.

I don't care what it is. Just as long as it is fun and doens't requier killer time dedication.

tl;dr

Busy man needs game that doesn't require extreme dedication to have fun.

/discuss

Comments

• vkejaivkejai Member UncommonPosts: 99

Are you a solo type of guy or like grouping ? Your time allocation sounds very similar to mine, so I probably play 99% solo, also I dont particulary like raiding , those days have long gone.

I currently play AOC , and got a LOTRO lifetime account which I play now and again . I found SWTOR a good solo game for when you fancy popping online, LOTRO great solo PvE too, and if you want some PVP I would suggest going creep side for that as you start with a max level monster.

AoC is a time sink if you want to have a strong toon , but this is my fav game currently. I only solo . Lots of PvE content , tho it can be grindy when you hit lvl 80 just to get faction rep up for gear and mounts. Great gfx tho.

You also got WoW , aint played for about 2 year now but I guess its still great PvE wise .

I cant really think of any games , ( maybe TSW ) which aint somewhat gear dependant , which you have to spend some time ot build your toon or skills up. Dont forget there is also Skyrim , if you fancy a half decent rpg .

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by EkohOne
    Here is my backstory. I work roughly 35 hours a week installing electronics into cars (Remote starts, steroes, speakers, window tint, etc.) So my job while it isnt dealthy rough, its demanding. Next, I go to school full time (12 hours) Mon-Fri , but only an hour a day each day, most days , a little longer other days. Other than that I'm married with 3 kids (dogs - they wipe their own arese). I work on weekends as well and every other Sunday.

So I'm looking for a game that is old, new, F2P, B2P, or P2P. As long as it's not P2Win. Theme of the game doesn't matter but i'm looking for something with a good active community. Can be pvp , pve I don't car but it needs to be something I can pick up here and there late nights after school and work and when the wife is knocked out sleep. During odd times during the day. Weekends.

I don't care what it is. Just as long as it is fun and doens't requier killer time dedication.

tl;dr

Busy man needs game that doesn't require extreme dedication to have fun.

/discuss

I cant believe im actually gona plug it, But Guild wars 2 sounds ideal for your scenario.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• SilverchildSilverchild Member UncommonPosts: 118

Yeah, GW2 sounds like it would fit you well.

There is no "gear threadmill" , so you dont need to grind to keep up with everyone else. You can even buy any pvp gear for free, the first time you log in, and start owning faces.

• EkohOneEkohOne Member Posts: 23
    Originally posted by Silverchild

Yeah, GW2 sounds like it would fit you well.

There is no "gear threadmill" , so you dont need to grind to keep up with everyone else. You can even buy any pvp gear for free, the first time you log in, and start owning faces.

I've been thinking about this, being it is right around the corner. I hear you can jump into GW2 on day one and enjoy the fun without the grind.

WoW has been a consideration but I hear its a grind for gear fest, but extremely easy mode in a good way.

• skeith138skeith138 Member Posts: 176

i wouldn't recomend an MMO to play if you don't have much time to play simple because 99% of them all are just pure gear grinds with huge time investment on them.

besides that i would agree with the person above about GW2 simply because u can PVP at lv1 with all ur skillz in max. or PVE without a huge time investment in lvup also.

besides the above, would you consider a single-player game with co-op or multiplayer instead? some games like CS:S have a huge community that you can join. ( i come from UO 98 and continue with FFXI, PSO1(dreamcast),WOW and FFXIV) and got to tell you that they are a really huge time sink.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    I'd recommend playing SWTOR when it goes F2P. Or if you want to spend some money, then the GW2 suggestions are good also.
  • KahnrayKahnray Member UncommonPosts: 12

Have you considered EVE? The learning curve may be a little daunting, but, like you, I have very limited and erratic schedules, and EVE is perfect for me. There is plenty to do solo, mission running, mining, small gang pvp (if you can find a couple friends to roam around with). Plus, theres a lot of the game that processes while youre offline, so you can "level up" in a manner of speaking, even if youre not online. Skills all train while you're offline and you can run research or manufacture jobs while offline, if a crafting profession is something you'd be interested in. Additionally, if you find yourself a lucrative profession, you can pay for your subscription using the in game currency.

There really isn't any gear or level grinding, so within a month of playing (or skill training offline) you could fly a number of combat ships just as well as someone who has played for several years (just not as many combat ships perhaps).

The sandbox nature of the game means you can do pretty much whatever you want, combat pve or pvp, manufacturing, market trading, scamming other people, piracy, exploration, wormhole brokering, the list goes on. The only downside is that it can be very overwhelming to a new player, so setting some goals and some training paths is very very useful, but once you get a good feeling for how things work, its very rewarding, plus the community is very active.

If you're interested, shoot me a PM and I can sort of get you going in the right direction.

• vkejaivkejai Member UncommonPosts: 99
    I dont see GW2 any different to other MMo out there tbh, personally the asian type gfx and very poor voice overs didnt do it for me in the betas.

I would once again suggest Lotro and Swtor , for you to get your teeth into. Theres plenty for free so give a few of them a go. Also if you dont have much time I would stay away from new games due to population v mobs ratios , bugs etc.
  • NeferaNefera Member Posts: 426
    I would recommend GW2 as well, you can get something meaningful done even if you have half an hour of playtime. You can access and do most content without having to find a guild/group for it. And of course the game only requires a one off purchase, no sub fees.