Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: MMORPG.com Celebrates Our Five Millionth Post!

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

While our forums move a mile-a-minute, we generally don't get to celebrate a new milestone every day. As some of you may have noticed, we recently passed the five millionth post milestone. Woot!

Curious as to who made the post? We were, too.

After some digging, we've located our five millionth post and it belongs to user Icewhite!

We'll be awarding Icewhite a custom title of his or her choosing in celebration of this momentous occasion!

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    I never win anything:(

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• ZooceZooce Member Posts: 586
    Congrats Icewhite, wonder what title they will get.  Something involving pink methinks.
  • MephsterMephster Member Posts: 1,188
    Grats IceWhite!

Grim Dawn, the next great action rpg!

http://www.grimdawn.com/

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Originally posted by Zooce
    Congrats Icewhite, wonder what title they will get.  Something involving pink methinks.

I'll be awarding Icewhite the "Made History" title, but if they want a custom one they'll be able to have one as well.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    How about rewarding the veteran posters still active in your forum? image

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

congrats Icewhite!  well deserved!

way to snark your way to victory! :P

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by Zooce

Makes complete sense.  Grats Icewhite.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    grats :)  
  • spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

I think everybody else should  get "We all contributed to 5.000.000 posts and even though we didn't get the exact 5.000.000 th post we are all better looking than Icewhite who did" Titles ;)

Just kidding, grats Ice and grats mmorpg.com. Here's to six million posts.

• sominatorsominator Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 53
    Woot! Congrats Icewhite!
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Probably was responding to one of my posts, bet I was 4,999,999. image

Congrats Ice, I'll get you at 6M. image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Congrats, IceWhite :)

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069
    Grats to MMORPG.com and the winner!

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

gratz mmorpg.

Imagine if it wold have ben me. image

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118
    Gratz to Icewhite and MMORPG.com!

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Grats to MMORPG and IceWhite
  • csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121
    CONGRATS, just for you I'll post my 1000th :)
  • InktomiInktomi Member UncommonPosts: 663
    I like my forum title. But Made History is really cool. Congrats Icewhite. 
  • KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Congratz MMORPG!

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101
    Ugh, it's been so awesome to watch this site grow for years.

Congrats MMORPG.com, and I hope I'm around to see 10m!

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Gratz! to both MMORPG.com and Icewhite :)

[edit]
    Just out of curiosity, how many games were covered when you guys launched?

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Grats, are we getting a title at 10m then? imageimageimage

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    Congrats to MMORPG.com!
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by Teala
    Congrats to MMORPG.com!

Oh yeah, congrats to them too. 

MMORPG.com - We built this city!  image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    What, no cake?!?

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil