Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: RTSGuru.com | Robot Rising Beta Key Give Away

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

RTSGuru.com is giving away 1,000 beta keys to this Robot Rising, an action RPG/RTS hybrid. Robot Rising is one of the few Facebook games we've ever played that's worth a damn so you do not want to miss out on this one. Grab your key at RTSGuru.com!

Robot Rising, the browser-based 3D action RPG from Stomp Games, is currently in closed beta, but you can play now if you receive a beta key in our Robot Rising beta key giveaway! All you need in order to play is a Facebook account. Learn more at http://www.RobotRising.com or at http://www.facebook.com/RobotRising.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308
    Facebook....No.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• JalitanJalitan Member UncommonPosts: 104

stoopid FB

I'm out right away.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    You should have to put a big warning in the title that this is a facebook game.  Most of the posters here really don't like them at all.
  • DrigusDrigus Member CommonPosts: 50
    I duno why every compary is trying to get in on the facebook thing. We don't want to play games on facebook. We especially don't want those notifications popping up on our wall for stupid achievements. 
  • KaezKaez Member Posts: 80
    FB...meh...do not want.
  • GeezerGaz82GeezerGaz82 Member UncommonPosts: 65
    Yeah, FB games often require the right to post advertisements on your wall in disguise as achievements to spam near enough everyone you know.  Not many people like spam and junk mail on their walls, but there will be a way to play without FB.

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    You lot should try it first, if you do have a Facebook account. It's one of a VERY few non-spammy games I've seen. Honestly.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    Facebook games don't have to be terrible forever.  Eventually someone will make a decent one.  Dungeon Overlord is an ok game in the Dungeon Keeper vein.  I'm not a huge FB fan or anything, but to rule out the platform entirely for games from now into perpetuity based on a poor track record seems a bit foolish.

Edit: Now that I've seen the game it's actually a game I saw at PAX East but wasn't able to get any info on except to watch a video.  I think I saw it at the TenCent booth.  Thanks for the key =)

Steam: Neph

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Facebook = You may as well tell me I'm going to get AIDS from playing this game.

• jonathon82jonathon82 Member Posts: 21
    I tried it a lil while ago. It really surprised me. Best facebook game by far. You cant even tell its a fb game trust me, it a lot of fun I thought. Dont knock it tell you try it  ;)
  • VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198
    Originally posted by Nephaerius
    Facebook games don't have to be terrible forever.  Eventually someone will make a decent one.  Dungeon Overlord is an ok game in the Dungeon Keeper vein.  I'm not a huge FB fan or anything, but to rule out the platform entirely for games from now into perpetuity based on a poor track record seems a bit foolish.

Edit: Now that I've seen the game it's actually a game I saw at PAX East but wasn't able to get any info on except to watch a video.  I think I saw it at the TenCent booth.  Thanks for the key =)

I agree with this train of thought. Games should be judged by their content not by their delivery system. Who cares if it is mobile, social, console, handheld, PC, or browser based. Those are all just platforms, and do not inherently represent gameplay.

• BrorzBrorz Member Posts: 9
    don't like to use FB, so not going to participate, sorry.