Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll: Is Guild Wars 2 going to meet your expectations?

AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Your personal expectations. Don't forget to list your reasons why.

Comments

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    Yes I expect the game to be what I expect the game to be, which is why I expect it.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• TwistingfateTwistingfate Member Posts: 177
    I pre-purchased a few monthes back because I thought GW1 was great and i liked the stuff i had been hearing. The beta's definitely confirmed in my mind that it was a worthwhile purchase. just my 2cents.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Nice to see a non biased poll..........NOT!

Sorry but AA wont fix squat IMO.  AA is all eyecandy not to mention is probably vaporware here in the west.

But as for the polling question.  I voted yes, but I truely dont know if it will last.  I like everything about the game except for a few minor issues, and those issues are near deal breakers for me.  If Anet can get out a good expansion pack with a true melee centric magic using hybrid like a WoW Death Knight, or a DAoC Champion or Thane plus add in some sense of post level cap character advancement like Realm Ranks or another form Alternate Advancement....something, anything that is remotely tied to skills and not gear then I will be totally hooked.  Ohh a true form of  Darkness Falls PvP dungeon would be nice too.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

GW2 will meet my expectations of not having to look at any of these bs troll threads anymore.

I'm glad you like AA, but these threads are getting more and more ridiculous with each day.

• romanator0romanator0 Member Posts: 2,382
    Yes, Guild Wars 2 is going to meet my expectations. It will because I don't expect anything other than what ArenaNet has promised.

• UkiahUkiah Member Posts: 273

Originally, I wasn't terribly interested in GW2. I played GW1 and enjoyed it. I've always DETESTED the WoW style of pvp and in GW1, I found a brilliantly simple yet intriguingly complex pvp system. They did away with the gear grind and associated 'he who wins gets better, he who loses gets worse' mechanic of a gear grind in pvp.

While I enjoyed GW1, I actually ran out of things to do rather quickly. The PVE was so so and while I enjoyed the PVP, I was disappointed there were only a handful of things to do PVP wise (you can only do FA and JQ so many times and I came into GW1 too late to be part of any real GvG stuff). I made the 'mistake' of watching some gameplay footage. I think what I saw was alpha or early beta footage and I was NOT impressed. I also didn't quite appreciate (at the time) what they were going for.

Add into the mix how much I wanted SWTOR to be a good game and my bitter disappointment when it failed to deliver. I'm an MMORPG devotee. I've loved online gaming since I first played MUD's back in the day and my first MMORPG was Asheron's Call. Your first is always special. With the exception of Eve Online, I've NEVER found a game that has quite filled the void for me like AC did.

I cancelled my SWTOR account within HOURS of the the release of The Abortion that was the 1.2 patch. I only continued to play because I had naively and quite idiotically paid for a 6mo subscription. 1.3 gave me a LITTLE hope that maybe the BW devs woudl stop their morbid fascination with screwing the pooch. But, the F2P announcement was the final straw. 

Knowing I needed SOMETHING to get my MMO fix, I once again looked at GW2. BWE3 had juts finished and there was a plethora of NEW gamplay videos. Complete night and day difference to what I had watched 6 months ago.

ArenaNet is a solid company. In a complete reversal of how BW handled beta feedback, ANet listens and responds. I am ENAMORED with WvWvW and sPVP now that I've seen some quality videos (Yoggcast and IGN have some great walkthru videos on youtube). I now understand better what ANet is going for with GW2 and I think it will be a solid release. 

My only complaint is that I wish they had allowed dwarfs as a playable race. I always loved Ogden Stonehealer.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    If GW2 doesn't end up to be what I'm expecting, then I'm probably done with mmo's for good. I can't find an interest in playing the "old" style games anymore.  Paying a sub just to be disappointed is not an option, and even if some of the current AAA titles go F2P, I just can't see them being any different.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• yaoming36yaoming36 Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Originally posted by romanator0
    Yes, Guild Wars 2 is going to meet my expectations. It will because I don't expect anything other than what ArenaNet has promised.

^^ This, before I tested the BWE, I looked at all the videos made by devs promising what features guild wars 2 had. As I went played thru the weekends, I mentally checked off all the items they had promised, so yeah it did meet my expectations. It also kinda exceeded them because I'm so used to devs promising more than they can offer.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Personally i think GW2 could use a good horizontal progression AA system....

Oh wait, that isnt the AA you guys are talking about? 

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• HybridvampyrHybridvampyr Member Posts: 61
    Yes Guild Wars 2 Will meet my expectations since all that i expect is a game that will keep me entertained for a few months.
  • fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

The 129 hours I spent playtesting the unfinished product already met and exceeded my expectations, so I don't see how the final product could fail to do so. The only way it could fail to meet my expectations would be if it failed to deliver on it's release date. I don't see that happening.

The game is "the real deal". It's not perfection, there is room for the genre to continue to evolve, but GW2 shows the path for a new direction for the stale MMO genre and I'll happily play GW2 until Arenanet, or someone else, improves upon it.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919

I'm going in partially blind with this one; partially because I've seen videos of it, and read some articles related to it, and blind because I have no personal player experience with the game.

But I adapt to games pretty quickly, so it won't be an issue for me.

• scarykids2scarykids2 Member UncommonPosts: 74
    not all but definitely most.
  • AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Originally posted by Zylaxx
    Nice to see a non biased poll..........NOT! Sorry but AA wont fix squat IMO.  AA is all eyecandy not to mention is probably vaporware here in the west.

Not sure what you mean by a bias poll. Every poll has to have a stupid answer.

This would be a bias poll:

• otinanai123otinanai123 Member Posts: 265

PvE-wise it has even exceeded my expectations.

PvP-wise it's a complete disappointment.

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

I think they have met pre-launch expectations.

I am hoping they will also meet post launch expectations.

Post launch is where it really counts.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    Originally posted by AzurePrower

Originally posted by Zylaxx
    Nice to see a non biased poll..........NOT!

Sorry but AA wont fix squat IMO.  AA is all eyecandy not to mention is probably vaporware here in the west.

Not sure what you mean by a bias poll. Every poll has to have a stupid answer.

This would be a bias poll:

No, every poll doesn't have to have a stupid answer, only those with that kind of thinking think that way (hint, hint).    By having 2 negative options, only 1 positive option, and then the wingnut of essentially say "Archage is better".   That is completely biased and essentially you're saying that it's not going to live up to expectation.

I definitely think that it's going to live up to my expectations.  In fact, by personal experience during the BWE's, I KNOW it's going to match those expectations.  Only if they were to completely change the game into something that it's not will it not meet those expectations.  But, that's not going to happen, so nothing to worry about it.

• WooShooWooShoo Member UncommonPosts: 33

I think it already has.  I have been pleased with my time in the betas, and the game already has 2 things I am looking for in place:  easy gameplay and the level capped zones.  The latter means I will be able toplay with friends more often.  I feel I have lower expectations than most, but I don't see that as a negative.

I voted "yes".

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235
    My 'expectation' is to get a couple of weeks fun out of a game, my hope is for a bit more. So yes, I can't see myself quitting within a month.
  • GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

It's good to see replies that broadly match your own, I played it, it's fun, I know what I am getting.

It's the 'omfg wow killer', and the 'I'm gonna play until gw3' people (rather high expectation) people that are likely going to be disappointed.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Gorilla
    My 'expectation' is to get a couple of weeks fun out of a game, my hope is for a bit more. So yes, I can't see myself quitting within a month.

This is the right attitude, and my experience so far tells me that for most every gamer this should be true.

Personally i will be sattisfied with a few months of fun for $50 spend, but i am hoing for a new long time MMO experience, we will see where this will end, currently i have high hopes. If i can find a great guild, that would help alot for the longlevvity

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202
    Before I played BWE1 I had so high expectations that I realised couldn't be reached. So I compromised and lowered them a bit and Guild Wars 2 fit my new expectations well

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• IndromeIndrome Member UncommonPosts: 292

From MMO experience, the BWEs and the dev blog I know exactly what to expect and GW2 delivers in all aspects that are important to me and for me to have a good time in a game.

Breaking a habit (especially in a business) is not easy but ANet did amazingly well. (and that is only "so far")

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Originally posted by Siphaed
    Originally posted by AzurePrower   Originally posted by Zylaxx Nice to see a non biased poll..........NOT!     Sorry but AA wont fix squat IMO.  AA is all eyecandy not to mention is probably vaporware here in the west.
      Not sure what you mean by a bias poll. Every poll has to have a stupid answer. This would be a bias poll:  
    No, every poll doesn't have to have a stupid answer, only those with that kind of thinking think that way (hint, hint).    By having 2 negative options, only 1 positive option, and then the wingnut of essentially say "Archage is better".   That is completely biased and essentially you're saying that it's not going to live up to expectation.

Let's put it to the viewers.

• kastakasta Member Posts: 512
    I didn't expect much as I hated Guild Wars.  GW2 exceeded my expectations because I found it to be fun.