Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not logged in 4 months now

cagancagan Member UncommonPosts: 445

It has been 4 months, maybe even 5. I dont even feel like logging in anymore. I had a great time till 1-65. Then I played 65-75 just to see the end game even though the whole experience was horrible. I tried to stay and play 1-2 more weeks after I got to 75 and that was it. The great amazing world of Tolkien is nothing but grind your legendary item, do the one raid over and over again... I even started a few alts but couldnt get past the lvl 20.

It is only few more weeks till GW2 releases, I doubt I will ever log back to this game. Currently I am playing DDO and few small F2P games. I also got my eyes open for mechwarrior online.

The new rohan expansion has my doubts, after charging a lot of money for 1 zone for the last expansion , do they really think mounted combat can make any changes? By the way I have like 12-14 mounts and none of them can be used for mounted combat, U gotta buy it from the store...

Comments

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

On the bright side, at least you probably didn't buy a lifetime sub, like I did. Worst $200 I've spent.

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• UW1975UW1975 Member Posts: 183
    Originally posted by trancejeremy

On the bright side, at least you probably didn't buy a lifetime sub, like I did. Worst $200 I've spent.

To each their own. I wish I had bought back in time the Lifetimes option for 200$.

OP: Seems you had a burnout, all the best to your future endeavor in finding a game that fits your needs.

• cormachcormach Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Funny, I think it's the BEST $200 I've spent in a long time.
  • DarnRightDarnRight Member Posts: 66
    Originally posted by cgc737
    Funny, I think it's the BEST $200 I've spent in a long time.

You really need to get out to RL more my friend if spending $200 on any game rates as a high.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

I got a lifetime sub, all I can say is it saved me like $300.

While it's not the best $200 I ever spent, it wasn't a loss at all.

• Tonin109Tonin109 Member Posts: 201

they could make an awesome game with this lore

there are some many things we could do

its sad this game is going down

i had fun till 65 and like OP said its grind time

• RocketeerRocketeer Member UncommonPosts: 1,303

Dunno, I happen to have a STO LTA ... I claim temporary insanity.

• cagancagan Member UncommonPosts: 445

Didnt log in for 5 months now and going strong. I am really enjoying guild wars 2 at the moment, such a great game compared to what LOTRO could have been :(

I really do not foresee myself logging ever again at this point (well unless they really screw up gw2 just like they did LOTRO).

I have several friends in gw2 with me from other mmo games. I think the populations took a hit there and you can see big sales coming here soon.

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850
    Shrug. Having fun in Lotr.
  • NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417

Even though I haven't played LotRO regularly in almost two years, I bought the lifetime sub soon after they first introduced it. It was one of the best investments I've made in regards to MMOs. I saved a few hundred dollars over the long haul.

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

• kostoslavkostoslav Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Lotro is a great, nice looking, relaxing game. I always play it when rl problems hit me hard. Its my escape game.
    Lotro has the best and most helpful community.
  • UW1975UW1975 Member Posts: 183
    Originally posted by cagan

Didnt log in for 5 months now and going strong. I am really enjoying guild wars 2 at the moment, such a great game compared to what LOTRO could have been :(

I really do not foresee myself logging ever again at this point (well unless they really screw up gw2 just like they did LOTRO).

I have several friends in gw2 with me from other mmo games. I think the populations took a hit there and you can see big sales coming here soon.

I'm not sure the population took a hit from GW2. I have friends who play both (in fact neither requires a sub, so...) 

I haven't logged LOTRO in one week because I'm taking a pause while being busy in RL. Yeah it happens, no drama here or rage quit.

OP: If you enjoy GW2, good for you. It escapes me though why you still post on the LOTRO forum. 

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by cagan

As leader of a kin in LOTRO I have to say I agree with you. GW2 is a far better game than LOTRO and I am enjoying it alot. I will get back to LOTRO because I do enjoy the lore, but the combat is awful. I feel like I am doing combat in slow motion and the ranger in GW2 is much better than the hunter in LOTRO.