Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com will be down for maintenance beginning at midnight EST on Wednesday, August 31. Downtime is expected to last only a couple of hours.

Not logged in 4 months now

cagancagan new jersey, NJPosts: 299Member Uncommon

It has been 4 months, maybe even 5. I dont even feel like logging in anymore. I had a great time till 1-65. Then I played 65-75 just to see the end game even though the whole experience was horrible. I tried to stay and play 1-2 more weeks after I got to 75 and that was it. The great amazing world of Tolkien is nothing but grind your legendary item, do the one raid over and over again... I even started a few alts but couldnt get past the lvl 20.

It is only few more weeks till GW2 releases, I doubt I will ever log back to this game. Currently I am playing DDO and few small F2P games. I also got my eyes open for mechwarrior online.

The new rohan expansion has my doubts, after charging a lot of money for 1 zone for the last expansion , do they really think mounted combat can make any changes? By the way I have like 12-14 mounts and none of them can be used for mounted combat, U gotta buy it from the store...

Comments

• trancejeremytrancejeremy St. Louis, MOPosts: 1,222Member Uncommon

On the bright side, at least you probably didn't buy a lifetime sub, like I did. Worst $200 I've spent.

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• UW1975UW1975 Kingston, ONPosts: 183Member
    Originally posted by trancejeremy
    On the bright side, at least you probably didn't buy a lifetime sub, like I did. Worst $200 I've spent.

To each their own. I wish I had bought back in time the Lifetimes option for 200$.

OP: Seems you had a burnout, all the best to your future endeavor in finding a game that fits your needs.

• cormachcormach Orlando, FLPosts: 72Member Uncommon
    Funny, I think it's the BEST $200 I've spent in a long time.
  • DarnRightDarnRight Belltown, WAPosts: 66Member
    Originally posted by cgc737
    Funny, I think it's the BEST $200 I've spent in a long time.

You really need to get out to RL more my friend if spending $200 on any game rates as a high.

• GravargGravarg Harker Heights, TXPosts: 3,400Member Uncommon

I got a lifetime sub, all I can say is it saved me like $300.

While it's not the best $200 I ever spent, it wasn't a loss at all.

• Tonin109Tonin109 ??, CAPosts: 201Member

they could make an awesome game with this lore

there are some many things we could do

its sad this game is going down

i had fun till 65 and like OP said its grind time

• RocketeerRocketeer Posts: 1,303Member Uncommon

Dunno, I happen to have a STO LTA ... I claim temporary insanity.

• cagancagan new jersey, NJPosts: 299Member Uncommon

Didnt log in for 5 months now and going strong. I am really enjoying guild wars 2 at the moment, such a great game compared to what LOTRO could have been :(

I really do not foresee myself logging ever again at this point (well unless they really screw up gw2 just like they did LOTRO).

I have several friends in gw2 with me from other mmo games. I think the populations took a hit there and you can see big sales coming here soon.

• AusareAusare adamstown, MDPosts: 850Member
    Shrug. Having fun in Lotr.
  • NizurNizur Austin, TXPosts: 1,417Member

Even though I haven't played LotRO regularly in almost two years, I bought the lifetime sub soon after they first introduced it. It was one of the best investments I've made in regards to MMOs. I saved a few hundred dollars over the long haul.

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

• kostoslavkostoslav somborPosts: 459Member
    Lotro is a great, nice looking, relaxing game. I always play it when rl problems hit me hard. Its my escape game.
    Lotro has the best and most helpful community.
  • UW1975UW1975 Kingston, ONPosts: 183Member
    Originally posted by cagan
    Didnt log in for 5 months now and going strong. I am really enjoying guild wars 2 at the moment, such a great game compared to what LOTRO could have been :( I really do not foresee myself logging ever again at this point (well unless they really screw up gw2 just like they did LOTRO). I have several friends in gw2 with me from other mmo games. I think the populations took a hit there and you can see big sales coming here soon.

I'm not sure the population took a hit from GW2. I have friends who play both (in fact neither requires a sub, so...) 

I haven't logged LOTRO in one week because I'm taking a pause while being busy in RL. Yeah it happens, no drama here or rage quit.

OP: If you enjoy GW2, good for you. It escapes me though why you still post on the LOTRO forum. 

• avalon1000avalon1000 HawaiiPosts: 775Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by cagan
    Didnt log in for 5 months now and going strong. I am really enjoying guild wars 2 at the moment, such a great game compared to what LOTRO could have been :( I really do not foresee myself logging ever again at this point (well unless they really screw up gw2 just like they did LOTRO). I have several friends in gw2 with me from other mmo games. I think the populations took a hit there and you can see big sales coming here soon.

As leader of a kin in LOTRO I have to say I agree with you. GW2 is a far better game than LOTRO and I am enjoying it alot. I will get back to LOTRO because I do enjoy the lore, but the combat is awful. I feel like I am doing combat in slow motion and the ranger in GW2 is much better than the hunter in LOTRO.