Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Let's talk endgame.

Comments

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Can anyone think of a term better than deliberately obtuse?

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

Like I said 55 pages talking about if there is a endgame or a endgame worth doing says something.

isn't that very subjective to the individual? 

W/o question it is. Can you remember a thread this big asking the ame question of any other game though?

Im sure there were, for other big games for example TOR. It happes with big new releases. If Tera, TSW, Rift etc... would have been as big then we would have seen a lot more threads.

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
    Originally posted by Celcius
    Originally posted by Bladestrom
    And yet bc in this thread people are saying gw2 has no end game, the first themepark ever to have no end game, odd isn't it.

Well a lot of people in this thread have questioned if GW2 has endgame. You wouldn't deny that would you?

Its funny this is the same guy who claimed that TSW had a good combat system. Can you take anything he says seriously?  I certainly can't. Any sub number or box number sales announcements yet? I am sure Funcom would love to announce those! Oh wait, sorry, the game is doing so terrible they won't. ArenaNet will announce sales probably within the first week because it will sell atleast twice as many copies of TSW sells in a lifetime that first week. It is obvious this guy is just trying to stick to his guns (World of Warcraft style item grind) and cannot comprehend that people can play games other then to increase the statistics of one of there characters. People like him are the reason MMORPGs are a joke as an E-sport and as a gaming genre. If you like item grinds, you can keep liking them thats cool, but don't just consider everyone elses opinion as being wrong just because you like something different. 

well since you brought TSW up. TSW gives you verticle (stats) horizontal (abilities) and cosmetic endgame progressions.  

I'm thinking 750k will be announced on the 8th of this month btw.

No, thats not end game. I don't count that sorry. Doing the same few dungeons over and over again with no raiding? Wow, no endgame. Clearly a terrible game. Not to mention the bad gameplay. Who would keep playing a game after they beat it with bad gameplay? I mean seriously! Can't wait until that announcement though! 

10/20 man raiding in less than 30 days!

And the vast majority of the gaming community disagrees with you.

Vast majority? The "vast majority" of gamers do not play mmorpgs and the games they do play have end games more like GW2 and caters more to the completionists with the trophy system than it does to stat progression. 

• JohnnymmoJohnnymmo Member Posts: 99

And yet bc in this thread people are saying gw2 has no end game, the first themepark ever to have no end game, odd isn't it.

Well a lot of people in this thread have questioned if GW2 has endgame. You wouldn't deny that would you?

Its funny this is the same guy who claimed that TSW had a good combat system. Can you take anything he says seriously?  I certainly can't. Any sub number or box number sales announcements yet? I am sure Funcom would love to announce those! Oh wait, sorry, the game is doing so terrible they won't. ArenaNet will announce sales probably within the first week because it will sell atleast twice as many copies of TSW sells in a lifetime that first week. It is obvious this guy is just trying to stick to his guns (World of Warcraft style item grind) and cannot comprehend that people can play games other then to increase the statistics of one of there characters. People like him are the reason MMORPGs are a joke as an E-sport and as a gaming genre. If you like item grinds, you can keep liking them thats cool, but don't just consider everyone elses opinion as being wrong just because you like something different. 

well since you brought TSW up. TSW gives you verticle (stats) horizontal (abilities) and cosmetic endgame progressions.  

No, thats not end game. I don't count that sorry. Doing the same few dungeons over and over again with no raiding? Wow, no endgame. Clearly a terrible game. Not to mention the bad gameplay. Who would keep playing a game after they beat it with bad gameplay? I mean seriously! Can't wait until that announcement though! 

So tsw will have 10/20 raids at the end of this month. Is that endgame? What bad gameplay. Why troll? 694 people have given tsw an 8.4 average on metacritic.com
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,865
    Originally posted by Johnnymmo

So tsw will have 10/20 raids at the end of this month. Is that endgame? What bad gameplay. Why troll? 694 people have given tsw an 8.4 average on metacritic.com

Love this guy.

Out of those 57 pages how many posts list things that are available after level 80. Why still ask the question when you have been answered over and over?

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Vast majority huh? So the people in this thread who hate GW2? Got any stats to back that up? Or anything to backup the 750k? Don't like it when people claim your game has no end game because they prefer it a different way hmmm? Honestly man you cant argue opinions as facts --thats just not logical. If TSW has 10/20 man raiding (both) in 30 days I will eat my hat. 

I sure do!

700 gamers on metacrtic gave TSW a 8.4

500 gamers here gave TSW a 8.7

Guestamating a mmorpg gamer population of roughly 10,000,000 people 1,100 polled gives you a margin of error of less than 3%. 

So from that there I will say the vast majority of the gaming community disagrees with you. As far as numbers, just a hunch we will find out soon.

New sig underlined btw.

Can we in this now or if you like take it to the TSW forums? You can have the last word.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

Like I said 55 pages talking about if there is a endgame or a endgame worth doing says something.

W/o question it is. Can you remember a thread this big asking the ame question of any other game though?

every new themepark has this question.. difference is the majority of the other themeparks  use the exact same vertical carrot on a stick gear progression as endgame. This is the first MMO in recent memory that tries to break that mold and as you can see many people cannot grasp the concept.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• seridanseridan Member UncommonPosts: 1,202

I sure do!

Guestamating a mmorpg gamer population of roughly 10,000,000 people 1,100 polled gives you a margin of error of less than 3%. 

So from that there I will say the vast majority of the gaming community disagrees with you. As far as numbers, just a hunch we will find out soon.

Can we in this now or if you like take it to the TSW forums? You can have the last word.

Only those 700 on metacritic can well be the same 500 that voted here. That makes the game playable by 700 gamers, a really enormous number really.

And 41 critics gave TSW just a mere 72%, what's your point?

Block the trolls, don't answer them, so we can remove the garbage from these forums

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

Vast majority huh? So the people in this thread who hate GW2? Got any stats to back that up? Or anything to backup the 750k? Don't like it when people claim your game has no end game because they prefer it a different way hmmm? Honestly man you cant argue opinions as facts --thats just not logical. If TSW has 10/20 man raiding (both) in 30 days I will eat my hat. 

I sure do!

New sig underlined btw.

It was going fine until you started "guestimating". There is more weight on noticing that TSW is ranked 21st on xfire behind mmos like Aion and TOR. I think Ill stick to xfires stats rather than a hunch.

Soo, TSW has end game, swtor has endgame, but besides all the time people have spent trying to explain the end game, the conclusion is that gw2 is the first game in the history of mmorgs to have no end game. Wait, does gw2 exist? Im gonna start a thread called 'is ge2 vapourware'

• MidBossMidBoss Member Posts: 93

I sure do!

New sig underlined btw.

No no no no NO.

Margin of error only works when the sample is RANDOM. Thoes 1k players were not chosen at random, they were players with a strong positive opinion of the game who cared enough to vote.

You can not use MoE to validate your claims here.

every new themepark has this question.. difference is the majority of the other themeparks  use the exact same vertical carrot on a stick gear progression as endgame. This is the first MMO in recent memory that tries to break that mold and as you can see many people cannot grasp the concept.

It's the first to not include it. 

Although I do grasp the concept, I feel that in it's current state there is a lot to be desired. In my opinion only having a cosmetic gear as horizontal progression seems thin at best.

• sammyelisammyeli Member Posts: 765
    Originally posted by MidBoss

I sure do!

New sig underlined btw.

No no no no NO.

Margin of error only works when the sample is RANDOM. Thoes 1k players were not chosen at random, they were players with a strong positive opinion of the game who cared enough to vote.

You can't not use MoE to validate your claims here.

OH NO YOU DIDN"T, CALLS UPON THE DEFENDERS OF WHAT EVER GAME WE ARE TALKIGN ABOUT HERE>

“The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true.”

Carl Sagan-

• DerpybirdDerpybird Member Posts: 991
    Originally posted by MidBoss

I sure do!

New sig underlined btw.

No no no no NO.

You can't not use MoE to validate your claims here.

Bingo.

Which is one of the main reasons why scores from metacritic are often viewed as unrealiable.

It's like going up to 10 people drinking Coke and asking them if they like Coke.

"Loading screens" are not "instances".
    Your personal efforts to troll any game will not, in fact, impact the success or failure of said game.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by hikaru77

After 57 pages, can anyone here make a real list about what we will find in gw2 endgame?. And dont talk about all the thing that we will do since level 1. 

Orr

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ruins_of_Orr

http://gaming.juliobiason.net/2012/07/eric-flannum-and-colin-johanson-talk-about-guild-wars-2-end-game/

beyond that,  replaying previous content w new DEs added,  mini games

So cosmetic gear progression is bad, but if they have ever increasing stats that destroys the playability of everything appart from the last tier of items then the game has a rich end game. Brilliant. Read the above links if you are really interested in learning about alternate end game styles.

Ps bc, eve and gw1 have no stat progression- what do you think of those?

So cosmetic gear progression is bad, but if they have ever increasing stats that destroys the playability of everything appart from the last tier of items then the game has a rich end game. Brilliant. Read the above links if you are really interested in learning about alternate end game styles.

No. Atleast that's not how I feel. I feel only having a cosmetic gear grind is inadequate and a reach to call endgame.

I love EvE's horizontal skill progression. There is also verticle progression with the types of ships and weapons  you can use.

So what about eve and gw1?

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

No. Atleast that's not how I feel. I feel only having a cosmetic gear grind is inadequate and a reach to call endgame.

luckily cosmetic gear is only one of the many options you have to strive for in GW2

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Eve doesn't have stat progression, it has lateral skill and gear progression. It is almost identical to gw2

luckily cosmetic gear is only one of the many options you have to strive for in GW2

And there is where this 60 page debate comes in :)

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Oh, if people would have only played UO instead of EQ and all the clones of EQ (WoW, Rift, TSW, AoC, TERA etc. etc.) were instead UO clones (EvE, SWG)

we'd be able to explain GW2 "end game" so much easier...

Some people just - don't - get it.

• Smarlow2Smarlow2 Member Posts: 21
    I'll be playing in the sandbox while I look up at the themepark. You might level up fairly quickly, but once you hit the cap, you won't be stuck with nothing to do. Guild Wars was great, but I didn't like everything being instanced. I have played the GW2 beta a few times, and it looks like this will be a keeper for a while. I'm just hoping the population doesn't die down to the point where dynamic events are comparable to Rift.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993

And there is where this 60 page debate comes in :) GW2's endgame is in question.

Why is it in question and by who?