Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FORUM EXPERIMENT: Do You Play This MMO?

Comments

• p_c_sousap_c_sousa Member Posts: 620
    Originally posted by mindw0rk

Were you interested in this game before it came out? Why? Why not?:

Interest grew with first bits of information few years ago. Then GW became the most anticipated MMO for me.

Do you currently play this game?:

No

If no, please explain why:

Because its not out yet? Im thinking about buying GW2 tho. Just for fast arena PvP and learning combat mechanics. Not interested in other aspects of it.

What MMOs are you currently playing and why do you play these particular titles?:

Only The Secret World. I think it is the best MMORPG in last 8 years (since WoW). And yes, overal better then GW2. But I'm more interested in GW2' s PvP.

What compels you to post in this particular subforum as frequently (or infrequently) as you do?

Not a frequent poster. Just saw this topic on front page.

didnt even play the game but can already say another game is better... 

• jayartejayarte Member UncommonPosts: 450

Yes, I was extremely interested in GW2.   First heard about it about 5yrs ago when I was playing Guild Wars and noticing things which could be improved.  Someone in my guild heard my suggestions/complaints and said there would be a GW2.  I was very excited and went googling immediately.  

At that time there was only the option on ArenaNet's page to sign up for a newsletter, so I did ... and heard nothing for years!  My main interest was that I enjoyed GW, but there were things which I didn't like, such as no world map, heroes/companions (although I was mixed about that).  Can't really remember the details now it's such a long time ago, just that I had a strong feeling that GW itself could be improved upon and made into a wonderful game.  

Played all betas and stress tests so far.  Pre-purchased so will be playing headstart, too.

If yes, please explain why: 

It has so many features which appeal to me: no quests as such just heart events which you can take part in or not; strong storyline for character development and immersion; 3 server pvp; beautiful, open world to explore; multiple starting areas; local and world events which affect environment, npc's etc; interesting combat with GW-style limited action bar; ability to change combat style by weapon-swop; downed state; no trinity so anyone can heal/rezz; buy-to-play = no subscription to make me feel guilty if I'm unable to play; no gear/level grind ... the list goes on and I'm sure I'll add to it over time.

What MMOs are you currently playing and why do you play these particular titles?:  Nothing else atm.

What compels you to post in this particular subforum as frequently (or infrequently) as you do?  The fact that Guild Wars 2 is the first game in a long time which has actually made me feel excited, hopeful and very interested in what other people's thoughts/feelings are on the game.

• BenediktBenedikt Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

yes i was - mostly because i consider its exploring features and especially the dynamic events as a amazing ideas and huge step in the right direction. away with quest log! I also like fact that you can discover crafting recipes by combining ingredients.

-

-

-

What MMOs are you currently playing and why do you play these particular titles?:

Haven & Heath for my sandbox fix - i love creating items, building and farming a lot more then i love combat and (most of) questing (by that i mean in all games overall, not specificaly H&H combat)

The Secret World - because it has great PVE elements - lore, dialogs and quests - tho i sometimes think it would be better as a single player game then as a mmorpg.

Vanguard (when H&H and TSW left any time) - because it has imo best crafting process of all mmorpgs, diplomacy is stroke of genius and world is amazing to explore

What compels you to post in this particular subforum as frequently (or infrequently) as you do?

i dont post here very often - i do mostly watch forum through "Recent forum posts" page and when i see post in interesting thread i check it out.

• WinterhoundWinterhound Member Posts: 66

Were you interested in this game before it came out? Yes. Why? Because I played GW1. From that experience, I thought Arena Net was a solid company and I like the 

Do you currently play this game?: No

If no, please explain why: It isn't out yet. I've pre-ordered it.

What MMOs are you currently playing and why do you play these particular titles?: Nothing, may be WoW while waiting for the game to launch.

What compels you to post in this particular subforum as frequently (or infrequently) as you do? Because the official GW2 forums are not up yet.

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Do you currently play this game?:   Yes, or I soon will be.

If yes, please explain why:   First, it isnt a WoW clone, 2nd it is bsed on innovative features and 3rd it is Exploration Centric and as close to having the "ideal" sandbox PvE world as an MMO can get.

If no, please explain why:    well technically I ont "yet"

What MMOs are you currently playing and why do you play these particular titles?:    TSW and Asherons Call (about once a month, to check out the patch, and pay my upkeep on my villa's.  I play TSW because the setting, story and questing is superb.  The verical gear progression sucks.  For AC Technically I dont still play but AC is the best MMO todate so I have no problem sending them $10 a month for kicking ass.

What compels you to post in this particular subforum as frequently (or infrequently) as you do? Used to be to share in and experience the joy we know that comes with watching "the next big hit" making its way towards release.   However, since the mods seem/appear to be so horrible at their job, I feel it is my rightful place to continue to report and rebut trolls, flamers, & haters alike.  This takes about 65% of my surfing of this sub-forum.  The other 25% of my time on this sub-forum is spent clicking the block button and collecting a slew of names into my blocked user list.  The last 10% of my time here is actually spent carrying on civil discourse.

I assume you want us to reply as if the game is released.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Yes, I played GW1 and had every single expansion. I still play the PvP in that game to this day, and is one of my favourite games of all time.

I have played in every BWE, but no I do not currently play this game as it is not released yet....

EQ2, Vanguard and DCUO. I play these because I already have established characters and because it is essentially free for me to play these games due to my large platinum horde in EQ2 which I can sell to other players in exchange for subscription time.

What compels you to post in this particular subforum as frequently (or infrequently) as you do?

I enjoy discussing upcoming games that I am looking forward to.

• VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466

Were you interested in this game before it came out? Why? Why not?: Yes, Because i played/liked the first one

Do you currently play this game?: No

If no, please explain why: Because its not out yet

What MMOs are you currently playing and why do you play these particular titles?: No one

What compels you to post in this particular subforum as frequently (or infrequently) as you do? To share oppinions.

• VanadromArdaVanadromArda Member Posts: 445

Been interested in it since 2010, based purely on the convention footage released. All the footage was actual gameplay, not screenshots or prerendered cinematics. Because of this, Guild Wars 2 made an instant and positive impression upon me.

I will fulltime come August 25th. Up until that point I've played ever BWE and Stress Test available.

The game fits very much into my playstyle and appeals to me personally. I enjoy the action roleplay approach to the game and the vast amount of things to do is impressive. I also enjoy the fact that the face of the game changes each time I log in.

I am currently not playing any MMOs, but I retired from Final Fantasy XI in July 2011. I've played lots of MMOs since the mid 1990s.

MMORPG.COM has a horrible reputation of having forums which breed loudmouth ignorant players who throw their inability to research a subject around like its a gift. Due to poor moderation on MMORPG.COM's part, I occasionally post in an effort to inform people when they get information wrong or do not fully understand certain facts.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by MikeB

Hey guys,

I'd like to do a forum experiment on some of our most trafficked forums. This will be simple and straightforward. Below, you'll find a set of basic questions that I'd like you to answer (copy and paste the questions as is into your reply, retain all formatting, do not add anything). This isn't a discussion thread, so responding to other users' responses is not allowed. These posts will be removed.

I started following this game about 3 years before release, because it promissed to fullfill many wished i had for a new game.

Yes, if BWE and stresstest is considered playing.

Because its the most immersive MMO available, It has the best PvP,  A dynamic world, most diverse features, best combat system, its just different and made a new step in the evolution of MMO´s

Thanks for your responses! Remember, please just copy the above questions and answer them straightforwardly if you'd like to participate in this.

NOTE: Please do not answer questions that currently do not apply. Feel free to edit your answers to these questions in once the game goes live.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• k-damagek-damage Member CommonPosts: 738

Yes, because I read the wonderful dev blogs, and their indepth explanations about game mechanics. They blew my mind from their freshness, intrications between them, while remaining simple. That, plus the official wiki.

I'll play it as soon as released (early access).

Because of : skill based game, combat pace, dynamic events, competitivity (pve & pvp).

None. All feel bland and boring since WoW Burning Crusade (including extensions).

What compels you to post in this particular subforum as frequently (or infrequently) as you do?

Sharing my opinion if I didn't see a similar one posted in a thread. If I see someone already explaining my thought, I just don't post. This means I read all the posts in a thread, no exception (and sometimes I wish everyone would read all the posts in a thread, before posting themselves ...).

***** Before hitting that reply button, please READ the WHOLE thread you're about to post in *****

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673

Were you interested in this game before it came out? Why? Why not?: Yes. Smarter design.

Do you currently play this game?: When it launches, yes

If yes, please explain why: My expectations were met. The game is better designed and more fun than the other curently available MMOs . 

If no, please explain why: n.a.

What MMOs are you currently playing and why do you play these particular titles?: None

What compels you to post in this particular subforum as frequently (or infrequently) as you do? Procrastination

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

Yes. I was attracted by the lack of a monthly sub, WvW, PvEing by doing dynamic events rather than quest hubs, and the fact that unlike basically every other MMO this is not a gear grind, gear progression, raid until your eyes bleed game.

I would if I could but it isn't released yet. I prepurchased and plan to play as soon as headstart is up, so I guess you can chalk me up as a "yes".

For the reasons I gave to the first question and because I found it to be quite fun in the beta weekend and stress test events.

I'm not playing any MMOs currently.

This is pretty much the only MMO I'm interested in playing right now, so it's the only one I read the general forum closely enough to bother posting in it.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788

Im going to get it at christmas.

I've been a casual GW1 player and i liked it so far.

GW2 is B2P, my main argument.

Its a PvP game and im a strong personality.

Its new, like my PC in ruffly 5 days :D

Hell, its GuidWars ... everyone will have a copy, no matter if its good or not ^^

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817

Hey guys,

I'd like to do a forum experiment on some of our most trafficked forums. This will be simple and straightforward. Below, you'll find a set of basic questions that I'd like you to answer (copy and paste the questions as is into your reply, retain all formatting, do not add anything). This isn't a discussion thread, so responding to other users' responses is not allowed. These posts will be removed.

Were you interested in this game before it came out? Why? Why not?: Yes, because it offers new PvE and PvP experiences not available in other MMOs.

Do you currently play this game?: yes if it was released. 

If yes, please explain why: Yes, because it offers new PvE and PvP experiences not available in other MMOs.

If no, please explain why:n/a

What MMOs are you currently playing and why do you play these particular titles?: I was playing TSW up till about 2 days ago when i decided to cancel my subscription and uninstall the game. I ended up playing other single player games more than TSW because TSW was just a slow and monotonous grind for QLlevels.

What compels you to post in this particular subforum as frequently (or infrequently) as you do? Mainly i end up defending the game from trolls who are completely misinformed or attempt to spread false information. I defend the game because i fear that others who come to the subforum to get information about this game might read one of the several troll posts and not bother playing it because of said post(s).

Thanks for your responses! Remember, please just copy the above questions and answer them straightforwardly if you'd like to participate in this.

NOTE: Please do not answer questions that currently do not apply. Feel free to edit your answers to these questions in once the game goes live.

Responses in R A I  N B O W

Lolipops !

• nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,062

Yes. Because the game is B2P, they have a good record (GW1), WvWvW, and Dynamic Events.

No, never have.

If I play in the beta, my character will be deleted, and I'll have to repeat the content when the game releases. I loathe repeating PvE content.

I'm only playing League of Legends if you want to call it a MMO. I play LoL because it's different than the themeparks out there, and competing against people makes each game different for the most part. It's challenging, and offers something to look forward to. I've been playing since January 2012 and I still haven't mastered the game, unlike themepark MMORPG's, where I feel like I already know the game before I hit level 10. Exception is TSW.

I rarely post in this forum, nor have I really followed the game. Maybe it's due to my age, but I don't really enjoy the forum PvP that goes on in these forums. I also don't have much to say about the game that hasn't been said already. I don't follow the game too much, because I like the game to feel new on release day. If I follow it too much, there won't be any surprises.

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

Were you interested in this game before it came out? Why? Why not?:  Yes.  I caught wind of Anet's MMO Manifesto for GW2.  Everything they said about design philosophy for MMOs resonated with me and coaxed me to follow the game.  The more I saw, the more I loved.  I truly admire how transparent Anet has been with their development process.  They communicate everything they do with their game to the community.  Even though I'm ready for it to finally be over, it's been a joy to read blog updates for GW2.  

Do you currently play this game? No.

If no, please explain why:  It's not out yet.  

What MMOs are you currently playing and why do you play these particular titles?:  None.  FFXI and WoW are the only MMOs that I've played for any significant period of time (and I almost regret my initial decision to choose FFXI over WoW.)  I played FFXI for a year and a half, and WoW for about 6 years on and off.  I've only played for 1 month total during the beginning of Cataclysm and haven't played any MMO since. 

What compels you to post in this particular subforum as frequently (or infrequently) as you do?  This is my most-posted-in subforum for the obvious reason that it discusses the game I'm currently most interested in.  I mostly come to discuss new news and recently revealed information about the game nowadays.  If you've lingered within this subforum as long as I have, you've seen 40 or 50 extremely common thread topics pop up over and over and over again over the years.  At one point, I've participated in all of those discussions and made my points, most of which were probably not read and never will be read (such is the nature of internet forums--unless you're the OP making a new thread, the more well written or well thought out your post is, the less likely it is to be read or heeded by anyone you would like to read it.)  I simply can't be bothered to respond to the same threads anymore.  I will occasionally post a link to a past thread, or a video or blog, which also will probably not be read or viewed, but that's about it.  Oh, then there's the plethora of troll threads/posts.  I tend to just steer clear of those these days, which unfortunately means it feels like I have to avoid upwards of 70% of the threads in here.  

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

At first, no.  I didn't like GW1 that much and thought this would be more of the same.  Boy was I wrong and I'm glad, this game is AWESOME!

It's not out as I type this, but I'm going to say YES anyway because I love it so much, I could play it in my mind right now.  LOL.

The game offers what I've been missing from my MMOs since 2004.  A sense of wonder and discovery.  Extreme FUN.  The game just hits everything I like about MMOs and goes beyond it and makes it better and less tedious.  Much like WoW did for the genre in 2004.  GW2 is doing it in 2012.

Gonna say GW2 again, because I will be neck deep in it in 2 - 3 weeks.  Until then I'm hopping around between Lotro, Rift, and Vanguard

What compels you to post in this particular subforum as frequently (or infrequently) as you do?  I love this game and just want to express that as much as possible.

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

Hey guys,

Interest:   Oh yeah.  Since my old GW1 days.   Didn't follow it 'religiously' or anything.   I never do that as it's a waste of time and half the time devs lie about the game anyway.  

Currently Playing this game:   No, the servers are shut down.   If they were up, I wouldn't be here I would be there, playing the game..  :p

MMOs:  Except BWEs, none --- I'm either bored with the ones I liked or just don't like them.

Posting:  Whim.   Not busy.   Playing a stratagy game that has turns and it's not my turn...

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

Were you interested in this game before it came out? Why? Why not?:  I had some very slight interest, but that waned quickly, since what I read was mostly the developer hype, without seeing anything substantially new.

If no, please explain why: Mostly because of the tab target combat system. That type of combat bores me to death.

What MMOs are you currently playing and why do you play these particular titles?: None, except Fallen Earth, but not regularily.

What compels you to post in this particular subforum as frequently (or infrequently) as you do? Because the link to this topic popped up on the main page.

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

1.Were you interested in this game before it came out? Yes
    2. Why? Why not? First and foremost because it was B2P, later due to information about bucking the Tank/Heal/DPs trinity
    3a. Do you currently play this game?: No, it hasn't released and I refuse to preorder any MMO- there is no reason to.
    4. What MMOs are you currently playing and why do you play these particular titles?: I'm currently playing on Project 1999 emulated EQ1 server (you asked).
    5.What compels you to post in this particular subforum as frequently (or infrequently) as you do? It happens to pop up most in "recent forum posts" which is what I sort by.

• ezjay1975ezjay1975 Member UncommonPosts: 131

Were you interested in this game before it came out? Why? Why not?: Yes. Because it was new and maybe something different.

Do you currently play this game?:  No

If no, please explain why:  While it has some interesting feautres it feels more of the same and to be honset I'm sick of the fantasy setting. Which leads into the next question.

What MMOs are you currently playing and why do you play these particular titles?: Swtor and Vanguard

Swtor because the causal nature of it lends itself to my schedule well and it's scfi which is the setting i prefer.  Vanguard for that old school feel.

What compels you to post in this particular subforum as frequently (or infrequently) as you do?  I don't post much because most have the discussions always boil done to opinons put forth as facts, And why my opinon is better than yours.

• HotjazzHotjazz Member UncommonPosts: 742

Were you interested in this game before it came out? Why? Why not?

Yes, GW2 is a pvp mmo without a big grind and the need to kill loads of NPC. It will also be free to play.

Do you currently play this game?

No, it is not released yet.

What MMOs are you currently playing and why do you play these particular titles?

I play darkfall and WoT. I play these games because I like to play against other humans and I find killing scripted NPCs boring.

I don`t post in this forum because I haven`t tried the game yet. I will however post if I see that people are wrong on the internet.

• dzoni87dzoni87 Member Posts: 541
    Were you interested in this game before it came out? Why? Why not?: Watched the Manifesto video and done some research on the internet afterward, including info on this site. And i became interested.

Do you currently play this game?: Each time there is beta and stress test available.

If yes, please explain why: I was pretty satisfied with the changes they are bringing into MMO genre. I became pretty bored of "tiered" PvE/PvP progression that most modern day MMOs provide, while at the same i dislike Ganks and PKs. I also like the content scaling which make whole world interesting to play from first to last character level.

What MMOs are you currently playing and why do you play these particular titles?: None, just for the reasons i stated above

What compels you to post in this particular subforum as frequently (or infrequently) as you do? There are always hot topics around as well as there are plenty of information from fellow players. :)

Once again, thank you MMORPG for being such an informative site.

Main MMO at the moment: Guild Wars 2
    Waiting for: Pathfinder Online

• donquackdonquack Member Posts: 6

Were you interested in this game before it came out?  Yes

Why? GW1 was my mom, my dad, and my girlfriend

Do you currently play this game?: Yesish- still in BWE/stress test mode

If yes, please explain why: PvP it wins.

What MMOs are you currently playing and why do you play these particular titles?: Cryptics' Star Trek Online- My friends play it.

What compels you to post in this particular subforum as frequently (or infrequently) as you do? I don't. I just like laughing at people.

• Originally posted by MikeB

Yes.  I was hooked after the Manifesto video. Dynamic content was something I knew the genre would have to incorporate eventually to keep people interested and GW2 finally got it right.

Yes.  I pre-purchased and have played in all the BWE's.

It's the best MMORPG I've played to date.

Just this one.  I can't get into any other MMO's after having played GW2.

As someone who actually plays the game I have an interest in it and enjoy discussing topics about it.