Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] General: Persistence, My Friend

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

As a female gamer, Pokket has a unique insight into the ways in which male gamers might want to go about finding the virtual girl of their dreams. Check out her advice in her latest column!

It has come to my attention that there are quite a few guys that know how to get a girl on the internet, and yet still some don't. Being a female myself, and therefore not being bound by some sort of bromantic no-talk secrecy, I thought I would make a written guide explaining the steps to take to get the girl of your dreams. In this case, she exists in your computer. Now, there are many ways to go about getting a girl, but I will try to keep it to the best and most effective ways of doing so.

Read more of Hillary Nicole's Pokket Says: Persistence, My Friend.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• alantheceltalanthecelt Member Posts: 122

quite funny

sounds like you manage to take it all in your stride!

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    Lol looks like this is hitting home for her, I just wanted to add don't forget to buy her in game items too
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I want to add a humorous or intelligent comment here.  I really can't though.  I have two sons and I hope that I've raised them well enough that they wouldn't be the subject of an article like this.  That's about it. :-(

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990
    Lot of disturbing people in the world. Guess you have the right attitude about it. Can't let it get to you although I suppose at times it is probably difficult.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

Oh man you don't want your son hooking up with gamergirl, they will want someone to wash clothes and make sandwhiches.
  • TeekayTeekay Member Posts: 94

People being negative towards other people on the internet and finding the net is chockf full of basement dwelling lonely stalkers?

STOP THE PRESSES!!! (monocle almost falls from eye...)

Better write an article about it!

Next you'll be telling me that Chatroulette isn't a safe haven of people just looking for a simple friendly chat!

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Good job Pokket, unfortunate women have to go through this when posting as themselves on the internet, but hey, it happens to everyone. (I used to get stalked by near insane guild members back when I did stupid stuff like you know, run guilds) image

But at least you still have a sense of humor about it.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• IlayaIlaya Member UncommonPosts: 661
    Oh Pokket, you gave an "Old Fart" a good laugh! Cheers 4 that :)
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

haha i bet its crazy all the stuff you get from odd net stalkers....

Originally posted by Kyleran
    Good job Pokket, unfortunate women have to go through this when posting as themselves on the internet, but hey, it happens to everyone. (I used to get stalked by near insane guild members back when I did stupid stuff like you know, run guilds) But at least you still have a sense of humor about it. 

You're a girl?

• VictimXVictimX Member Posts: 4

i've found that gamer girls naturally gravitate towards me, because after all the shit they put up with they enjoy just being treated like a normal gamer (human being).. gender shouldn't effect anything, but for some people it does.

If anyone wants some geniune advice on making gamer girl friends, just treat them like you would any other gamer and have some fun. 

Originally posted by Teekay
    People being negative towards other people on the internet and finding the net is chockf full of basement dwelling lonely stalkers?STOP THE PRESSES!!! (monocle almost falls from eye...)Better write an article about it! Next you'll be telling me that Chatroulette isn't a safe haven of people just looking for a simple friendly chat!  

In a public forum, are there more likely to be negative comments based on a person's race, religion, sexual orientation or gender? When the comments are related to gender, will they more likely occur if the original poster is a male or a female?

Shining a light on stupidity can be the first step to making it disappear. Or turning it into a meme. It's really a 50/50 thing with the internet.

• CenthanCenthan Member Posts: 483
    Originally posted by lizardbones

Shining a light on stupidity can be the first step to making it disappear. Or turning it into a meme. It's really a 50/50 thing with the internet.

I agree with you, but to be honest, I'm not crazy about the way she went about it.  Yes, shine a light on stupidity and discuss it.  However, I can't help but feel she gives to these sub-humans exactly what they desire, attention, buy posting what they supposedly wrote.  All it does is perpetuate the problem by inspiring them to do it more.

Althought not as extreme, it's somewhat along the lines of the news media who give unbelievable amounts of attention to psychos who shoot up a movie theater or shopping mall.  All they crave is attention, and by golly that's exactly what they get with their pictures being plastered all over the media for the following weeks after the event.

• sKILLziGnitesKILLziGnite Member Posts: 1
    Well said, Pokket. A lot of this touches on prior work of yours. I'd recommend anyone who enjoyed this to search for "The Friend Zone" on Pokket Sez's Youtube. A lot of information that desparately needs to be understood by the masses.
  • jeremyjodesjeremyjodes Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 679

Sorry wrong thread man. I gotta stop smoking herb...

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

Nice! If I weren't happily married, I'd try all of those things! Where were you when I was dating? I needed all the help I could get!

Happy Monday, Pokket.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Originally posted by Centhan

However, I can't help but feel she gives to these sub-humans exactly what they desire, attention, buy posting what they supposedly wrote.

actually, that is what two people on this site wrote. I remember the comments.

In general I don't like Pokket's work but, other than the spelling mistake, I feel this is the best piece to date.

It probably will give attention to people who essentially have issues and crave attention but at least it starts a dialogue. Won't help the perpetrators but maybe something will grow in the heads of people who might try to be "cute" in the future.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • arcwestarcwest Member Posts: 61
    what does this have to do with Massively multiplayer online role-playing games?
    Originally posted by arcwest

I think it pertains to 75-80% of the popluation of said games.........

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

well, if you take it to its conclusion it has to do with how people treat each other on the internet, especially when playing with people in "Massively Multiplaeyr Onlien Role-Playing Games".

It starts people talking about how discourse on the internet, especially because it's anonymous, is conducted.

Especially when you have someone who is in the spotlight and playing these games, announcing the games they are playing and reveiwing and then having to deal with every whackjob who needs their 15 minutes.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by lizardbones

Originally posted by Kyleran
    Good job Pokket, unfortunate women have to go through this when posting as themselves on the internet, but hey, it happens to everyone. (I used to get stalked by near insane guild members back when I did stupid stuff like you know, run guilds)

But at least you still have a sense of humor about it.

You're a girl?

LOL, no, but you don't have to be a girl to pick up insane stalkers.  In my case I've had guild members threaten to hunt me down and do harm to me and my family. (2 times) One even managed to track down far too much of my personal life and echo it back to me.

Which is why I do a much better job of not sharing much about myself online anymore, and no more running guilds. image

I've also had a couple of women (?) start to latch on far too closely in game and had to make sure to disassociate myself from them to prevent confusion and hurt feelings.

Now I'm too much of a jerk loner to have these problems these days. image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• arcwestarcwest Member Posts: 61
    Originally posted by WhiteLantern

Eating food pertains to 100% of the population of said games. Maybe MMORPG should start posting articles on how to eat food.... just a thought.

• tharkthark Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

What planet do you come from..?

She reports for this site about MMORPG's if you somehow have missed that...When she does  she get's all sorts of comments that has nothing to do with the article at hand..Obviously not the only site aswell..

It's not about MMORPG's per se, but about some of it's members ..that apparently thinks this is some sort of open dating site..

To Pokket..Cheers ..You do a great job :)  Hopefully this won't put you down..

Originally posted by WhiteLantern

Eating food pertains to 100% of the population of said games. Maybe MMORPG should start posting articles on how to eat food.... just a thought.

I bet if you ask Pokket nicely (i.e follow this columns advice), she'd write an article about why Taco Bell isn't good to eat before or during long gaming sessions.

Lol @ guy who posted he would have tried all of those things if he were still dating.
    This really comes down to ... If your doing those things and chances are the guy that's doing this is reading this thread, then just stop while your ahead man. You need to go look in the mirror ask yourself what the heck are you doing and remeber to think before you speak, post or tweet anything. She obviously isn't digging you, get over it man, there are lots of pretty faces out there go find another one. Another thing too, why do people need to look for love in game? That's a red flag all the way.