Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you at "endgame"?

KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

Im wondering how many are at "endgame" after a month of playing. If so, what are activities are keeping you busy? At what pace are you playing the game?

Comments

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Still have some missions to finish up. Left it alone for a week because I was a bit bored with it but I am playing this weekend....
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Well I'm running nightmares, but I haven't did any of the story or investigations and my ability wheel is only at 53%.

I'm not sure.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • OtashiOtashi Member UncommonPosts: 78
    End game reached after 2 weeks... I didn't skip shortscenes etc... about 1 week of NM farming I'm QL10.2 + and soo bored .. unsubbed :) Waiting for GW2 playing Marvel Avengers Alliance on facebook lol ...
    Originally posted by Otashi
    End game reached after 2 weeks... I didn't skip shortscenes etc... about 1 week of NM farming I'm QL10.2 + and soo bored .. unsubbed :) Waiting for GW2 playing Marvel Avengers Alliance on facebook lol ...

Mind linking chronicle?

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

No, just hit Blue Mountain and enjoying the scenery along the way.

Not cheating on the quests either.

Honestly I don't think anyone is. 10/20 man raids are coming Aug. 31st.
  • OnomicOnomic Member Posts: 196
    Im done with the story quests, done a few elites but i won't do that much longer. I loved the journey of this game, but sadly all good things will come to an end.
  • KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by bcbully

Future content updates don't count.

Originally posted by Kuppa

lol why not? it will be here in 3 1/2 weeks.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by Kuppa

lol why not? it will be here in 3 1/2 weeks.

Because its not in the game right now, if you are done with the current content having to wait till the end of the month for extra content means you are doing other activities which is what the post is about(if you are still playing). And for that matter we would be able to count any future content.

• Asuran24Asuran24 Member Posts: 517
    Depends on what part is endgame to you. If you mean the story then very possible many people are at the endgame. Yet if you mean endgame pvp (grinding out all of the pvp gear fromm vendors.) maybe not. An I know for alot like me nightmare modes are not endgame for pve like many think, and till raids come in all it is will be grinding away gear to get readdy for those raids, as to many those are the true endgame. The collection endgame of getting all fo the looks and such is not done, and also not sure all of the quests have been finished, or map explored completely either yet. Also many have not done the lairs, spawn area bosses, world bosses, and what have you. So i would say overall most fo the endgame is not done, and being at endgame in tsw is alittle bit of a subjective term as there is alot i can call endgame in the game.
  • BigRock411BigRock411 Member Posts: 299
    Originally posted by Asuran24
    Depends on what part is endgame to you. If you mean the story then very possible many people are at the endgame. Yet if you mean endgame pvp (grinding out all of the pvp gear fromm vendors.) maybe not. An I know for alot like me nightmare modes are not endgame for pve like many think, and till raids come in all it is will be grinding away gear to get readdy for those raids, as to many those are the true endgame. The collection endgame of getting all fo the looks and such is not done, and also not sure all of the quests have been finished, or map explored completely either yet. Also many have not done the lairs, spawn area bosses, world bosses, and what have you. So i would say overall most fo the endgame is not done, and being at endgame in tsw is alittle bit of a subjective term as there is alot i can call endgame in the game.

This is why i voted "Im not sure"

I can start running elite dungeons on one build.  I have the gear and the SP in two weapons to do so.

I dont have any pvp specifics fleshed out yet and have been saving pvp for "endgame" so by that metric, since im saving pvp for endgame and im not pvping yet would that mean im not at endgame yet? Ive pvped a little bit though and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Im nearly done with the second map in romania, however ive skipped a modest amount of the missions, and dont think ive done any of the new content, if i have i havent noticed.

I have a fraction of what i want build wise.

By the standard "QL = hidden levels" ive maxed out all i can do in the game, however i feel like ive scratched the surface slightly only.  Yeah the storyline will come to an end soon, but i cant help but think this might be the first mmorpg where ive actually followed the storyline, mabey SWTOR ...either way comming to the end of the story never meant the games done before so im nto sure why it would now.

Also in one month we get raids, possibly more pvp.

I do appreciate the poll OP, but i joined this game to avoid the endgame mentality and the standard issue race to endgame. This has been one of the first rpgs in a long time where i dont care if im behind or slacking..and thats what i like about it, people around me dont seem to be in a fever pitched race to finish either, despite we have guildies running NM dungeons daily. 

• UsualSuspectUsualSuspect Member UncommonPosts: 1,243

I could have been if I'd stuck with my original character, but after reaching the second part of Egypt I decided I'd be better off building things a different way. Or rather, take my time, build up more skills and ap's, rather than rushing from quest to quest like a hungry locust.

So I restarted, I have an Elemental/Blood character now that looks like this:

http://chronicle.thesecretworld.com/character/Krysti

That's 6's and 7's in the skills, which, by the way, is what I had in the original character at the second part of Egypt. I have a load of skills, two lots of gear so I can switch to a healing or dps role, and I've still got about 4 or 5 npc's worth of quests to do before I finish Savage Coast. I'm also having much more fun this time around as it doesn't feel like i have to be somewhere. I'll get to the end game when I get there.

• dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592
    Nope. I've been playing for about a month. I only ran my first elite dungeon a few nights ago, and I'm partly through the the Transylvania part of the storyline, and I'm Rank 12 with my faction.

<3

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

no,

I am in Egypt , next weekend moving in Transilvania , my factional rank is maxed (lvl 13)

I spend  a lot time on exploration ,  always find some new missions around in fields

• marganculosmarganculos Member UncommonPosts: 334

Originally posted by Otashi
    +1

i got full ql 10.2~10.3 tank set, dps set and healer set, finished every single quest ingame, finished every single nightmare dungeon with all "classes" (i mean as tank/dps and in healer mode), there is totally zero PVP so i have nothing to do... grind more AP with SH runs? no thanks.... make alt at different faction? no thanks... give another try to their fail PVP system? no thanks... grind purple items till i have everything QL10.4? no thanks... waiting for GW2 and in meantime im watching some anime :)

• DanitaKusorDanitaKusor Member UncommonPosts: 556

What do you consider to be endgame?

Nightmare dungeons? Not yet, although I have kill Zuul (as healer) so I can do them now.  I'm waiting till my break at the end of the week before looking into these.

Have I completed the main story quest?  Yes I finished that up a while ago and choose the black ending.

Have I completed all the missions?  Nope, I still have roughly half of egypt and one full zone from Transylvania to go.  I also have 4 investigation missions from Solomon Island to do.

Have I completed the entire ability wheel? Not yet I think I was at about 75% when I logged off tonight so still a way to go.

I have done all the elite missions and from PvP I have a full set of QL10 purple talismans and 2 weapons.

Of course I will have to go back to solomon island once I get my PC and see what it looks like with everything turned up to high.

The Enlightened take things Lightly

• JohnnymmoJohnnymmo Member Posts: 99
    You guys who finished the game can you link chronicle?
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Well, my first month just ran out and I resubscribed.  Moved from Solomon Island to Egypt just last evening.  I've done most of the missions I could find (except the one Devesating one on Blue mountain) more than once in each zone and I've spent far too many APs/SPs on things I'll likely never need to just to try them out.

I haven't done any of the dungeon content, as I'm just not into "Dancing with the Stars" with random PUGs and I never can seem to coordinate with any guildmates (a large portion of whom are way ahead of me, working on their QL 10 gear and running Nightmares)

End game for me will likely come when I complete the mission content in Transylvania and it will then be time to move on to GW2.  I guess that will be in 2-3 months at current rate, though I could go back and re-run some of the new missions they've been adding.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• GlacianNexGlacianNex Member UncommonPosts: 652
    Originally posted by Johnnymmo
    You guys who finished the game can you link chronicle?

+1

• cyandkcyandk Member UncommonPosts: 142

6/7 nightmare in full 10.3 gear (DPS) and im now working on getting a healer set because we need a new healer when GW2 is released (ugh). I got all the lore and I only need two rare achivements and the lairs.

I am enjoying myself a lot, last time i felt like this was when EQ2 launched.

Thinking about doing lairs as soon as the next patch (1.1.1) hits with the fixed loot.

http://chronicle.thesecretworld.com/character/Hazzle

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

casually playing this game so not even in egypt yet.. see no reason to rush games as then you find yourself having nothing to do what a suprise lol..

• RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904

Got to Blue Mountain before realizing that I wasted some ap/sp and that I was trying to treat this game like any other MMO (a race to the finish).  So re-rolled, took my time, saw the sights and completed every lore that I could so far.  Just made it back to Blue Mountain and enjoying the game ALOT more now that Im taking my time.  I'm also much stronger now that I understand my build a lot better now.

Resubbing and don't see myself not resubbing next month either.  For those racing through everything and not doing story missions, you're missing out on what the game thrives on.  but, whatever floats your boat.

• 7star7star Member Posts: 405

I'm in Egypt.  Just taking my time. I've also been playing Minecraft again and hanging out with friends since I'm on summer vacation. Haven't logged in in about 4 days, but I will this evening.

I ran Poseidon a couple of times, but I'm not a dungeon/raiding person, so I don't know what I'm going to do when I hit endgame if it turns out to be a raiding/gear grind. I'm not into that, so I probably will just leave at that point. Just enjoying the story now. I like to PvP, but since my faction is a minority on my server, I'm not enjoying the affect Fusang has on the overall game and the PvP itself. I will play for at least another month and see what comes up in the updates.

If I want a gear grind, there's always MoP coming up soon :)

I've pre-purchased GW2 but haven't played in any of the betas. If TSW is just a gear-grinder at the end, I can try out GW2 as a new experience and I'm looking forward to that. Otherwise, I have a ton of new games from the Steam summer sale, a sub to Darkfall, BF3, and Torchlight 2 will be coming out soon, I hope.

• ZarriyaZarriya Member UncommonPosts: 446
    I voted yes because I am doing nightmare mode dungeons.  There is still plenty of content to do and keep me engaged, which i was happily surprised to see.